Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Major Flash Plot Holes (SPOILERS)

PotatoLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PotatoLord

This post is in regards to the episode where Flash travels through time. First off, I'd like to say that I'm basing all of this on multiverse theory, which states that for every decision made, a separate timeline/universe is created in which that decision does not occur or something different happens.

So I was thinking: Barry never traveled back to the future. Instead, he created an alternate timeline in which none of horrible events leading up to his jump through time took place. Since he never went back, this means that in the original timeline Central City was decimated and The Flash disappeared. Given that Arrow is most definitely in the original timeline, another crossover between the shows should be impossible since Barry no longer exists in Arrow's timeline. On another note, shouldn't there be a second Barry running around somewhere out there? I'm pretty sure present Barry and past Barry both exist in this new timeline.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

It is clearly the same timeline. Not a new one. Your first mistake was ASSUMING this is based on multiverse theory.

Wells an experienced time-traveler and scientist from the future confirmed that time travel happens and it doesn't just create a new timeline.

The same way Flashpoint wasn't another universe but Pre-52 with timeline changes.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Basically what he said ^

Also, I try not to think too much about these shows. I love comics, DC in particular, but thinking about them logically takes away from the experience I find.

It was a struggle for me when I started questioning Superman's method of propulsion when he flies. I basically just searched out some pseudo-science explanation that probably makes no sense, then I accepted it as fact and vowed never to think about it again.

I'm happier just accepting things as they are. Does it make sense for Barry to still exist in the Arrow universe? Maybe, maybe not, I'm not going to think about it or I might stop enjoying the shows so much.

"Ignorance is bliss"

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SirNeko

It is clearly the same timeline. Not a new one. Your first mistake was ASSUMING this is based on multiverse theory.

Wells an experienced time-traveler and scientist from the future confirmed that time travel happens and it doesn't just create a new timeline.

The same way Flashpoint wasn't another universe but Pre-52 with timeline changes.

Flashpoint was another Universe tho, Flashpoint still exist in Convergence and was shown in Convergence: Superman #1.

Skinny Superman from Flashpoint
    Skinny Superman from Flashpoint

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@sirneko said:

Flashpoint was another Universe tho, Flashpoint still exist in Convergence and was shown in Convergence: Superman #1.

No it wasn't and it was explained in the comic. It can be even seen at the end, with Pre-52 earth merging with the other two to create New-52.

In Convergence there are THREE VERSIONS of PRE-52 Earth, creating internal plot-holes by your logic. So I don't count them as the same as the ones that appeared in the original stories.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

No it wasn't and it was explained in the comic. It can be even seen at the end, with Pre-52 earth merging with the other two to create New-52.

In Convergence there are THREE VERSIONS of PRE-52 Earth, creating internal plot-holes by your logic. So I don't count them as the same as the ones that appeared in the original stories.

Thomas Wayne Batman was in convergence and he said that according to Flash, there should be Bruce Wayne alive in another Gotham. He also said that their timeline was supposed to be replaced with New 52 but wasn't, instead New 52 is a new timeline.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

@squalleon said:

@sirneko said:

Thomas Wayne Batman was in convergence and he said that according to Flash, there should be Bruce Wayne alive in another Gotham. He also said that their timeline was supposed to be replaced with New 52 but wasn't, instead New 52 is a new timeline.

The whole thing makes zero sense, Captain Thunder was dead when Flash traveled to the other world.

bifronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potatolord: I dont claim to understand how time travel really works in this. But the explanation I've read was that it wasn't actual time travel but temporal reversion. Meaning he did not actually travel back in time but instead he sort of moved his consciousness back. which is why this recent episode showed Cisco started remembering his encounter with wells. This also shows that they are still in the main timeline.

Here's the site that I got that explanation from. May make a bit more sense from the source.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/84748/why-arent-there-two-flashes

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SirNeko

@black_arrow said:

@sirneko said:

@squalleon said:

@sirneko said:

The whole thing makes zero sense, Captain Thunder was dead when Flash traveled to the other world.

Billy died, all the kids together were Shazam. The Wizard Shazam can change how kids change to Shazam, not like the time stopped there meanwhile.

PotatoLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.