Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Justice society Reboot? thoughts?

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
    ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThepowerofShazam

With the release of the new 52 "earth 2" the justice society is back and im wondering everyones thoughts on jay garrick and alan scott being brought back into the spotlight

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good book, but it is not the JSA. As someone whose favourite superteam is the JSA, I am sorely disappointed in DC for wiping out the JSA from history.

With a great former JSA writer in Geoff Johns in a powerful position, I hoping for a major retcon that brings back the JSA history stretching back to WWII.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rdclip said:

It's a good book, but it is not the JSA. As someone whose favourite superteam is the JSA, I am sorely disappointed in DC for wiping out the JSA from history.

With a great former JSA writer in Geoff Johns in a powerful position, I hoping for a major retcon that brings back the JSA history stretching back to WWII.

So much this. Especially the bolded. I would say the characters are not the characters either (like, that is not Jay Garrick) - being "old people" was part of their character - passing down knowledge & tradition to the next generations of heroes.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wait, i may look stupid, but what do you mean when you say JSA reboot? Don't they have there own earth 2 title?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@rdclip said:

So much this. Especially the bolded. I would say the characters are not the characters either (like, that is not Jay Garrick) - being "old people" was part of their character - passing down knowledge & tradition to the next generations of heroes.

this

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

They should've done something about Earth-2 being a Earth that is still stuck in the times of World War II.

From what I heard it was a good book and from me skimming through the book at my local comic shop it did look interesting and the art was great. However I don't like the idea of the Justice Society being modern. DC already had a modern day Justice Society. They are called the Justice League. Justice Society should be allowed to be old.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

Both of these posts are perfect.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Earth 2 the way it is.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catsnlynne:

And did you ever like the JSA before new 52? And if so, what stood out to you about the pre-new 52 JSA?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also want to point out that it's taking way too long to actually form the team together. It's been like 16 issues and they're still not a team. This feels like the slowest story ever.

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
    ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThepowerofShazam

true i feel like jay and alan are too different from the original characters not in a bad way but they make alan so damn stubborn to join a team itll be hard to make him cooperate i think they just made jay and especially alan come into their powers way too fast like alan was lready a veteran by the time i was half way through volume 1 he knew how to use everything it seemed

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Things are looking good thoguh on the Earth 2 book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.