Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Justice League movie New 52 vs. Pre-52

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why would DC, who has been so skittish about pulling the trigger on the Justice League movie, use the New 52 as a blueprint instead of the 50 years that preceded it?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because New 52 is more up do date, and both old and new readers are familiar with it.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Because New 52 is more up do date, and both old and new readers are familiar with it.

How is New 52 "more up to date"?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

I think it will be it's own thing for the most part. Other then the lack of red shorts I didn't see any connections between Man of Steel and the New 52. There doesn't seem to be any indication that Batman will be based off the New 52, but for the most part with him that doesn't matter. We don't really know where they're going with Wonder Woman yet but with the casting of Gal Gadot I've got a feeling she'll be closer the the original Wonder Woman then the Xena knock-off in the comics now.

The only real similarity is that we'll probably be getting Cyborg as a founding member of the Justice League instead of Martian Manhunter. Of course that's all speculation, but I actually think that's a good move on their part. Manhunter is just a hard character to introduce without of feeling forced or eating up too much plot. Cyborg of the other hand is very easy to introduce, and plus it's a little more color for the team.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bruxae said:

How is New 52 "more up to date"?

lol.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

the only real change is Cyborg for MMH. Cyborg is a lot more film friendly then MMH. No one can really deny that.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Because that's the New Continuity.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only real change is Cyborg for MMH. Cyborg is a lot more film friendly then MMH. No one can really deny that.

I hope we see MMH by the second JL movie, but I understand why they would skip him right now. It would take up too much plot time to explain why he's popping over from Mars just now, and I doubt they want to spend that on a more minor character. Cyborg is easy to bring in. Just have Victor Stone hurt during one of the fights in BvS then a little teaser clip at the end with him having a robot body. I guess with MMH they could say that he was already on Earth laying low, or maybe being held at Area 51 (captured as an adult, and not grow from a petri-dish like David Goyer wanted), but bringing in Cyborg still seams easier. With the time they save by cutting out MMH maybe they could squeeze in a second female character. That would make the line-up different from the New 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.