Justice League: International #10, O.M.A.C. joins the team!!!

#1 Edited by n8hobbs (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading this made me so happy, O.M.A.C. isn't gone! Can't wait!!!!

JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #10

Written by DAN JURGENS

Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN

Cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

On sale JUNE 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• “BREAKDOWN,” picking up where last month’s FIRESTORM #9 left off.

• The JLI team – BOOSTER GOLD, AUGUST GENERAL IN IRON, GODIVA, GUY GARDNER, BATWING, O.M.A.C. and FIREHAWK – face off against THE BURNERS, who want to create anarchy by any means necessary!

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@n8hobbs: Actually he should start showing up next month when the team gets rebuilt. Check the April solicit here.

#3 Posted by TheOptimist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the changes and additions would be wonderfully welcome for me... if it weren't for the cost. (Well, I mean, I'm still excited, but darn the cost, you get my meaning).

#4 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

was omac a good read? , i like JLI i just dont want a bad character in the group

#5 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that it is great that DC is trying to place all the characters that are affected by the Second Wave cancellations. That way fans who enjoyed the series cvan still follow the characters.

Static Shock is going to join the Teen Titans

Mr Terrific is appearing in Earth-2

One of the Blackhawks will be a regular in Voodoo

OMAC is in the JLI

No word on Sgt Rock,but GI Combat is a nice substitution for Men of War

No word on Hawk and Dove, but with their mystical origins I would like to see them showing up in the JLD.

#6 Posted by n8hobbs (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: I really have enjoyed the issues released, it's getting the axe come issue #8 but thankfully that's when he'll be popping up in JLI. He will be a huge asset to the team.

Not much of a spoiler but he fought against Superman in the last issue, wasn't a big fight but was interesting to see him share a few blows with the man of steel.

I'm looking forward to him being in JLI because I'll miss seeing OMAC have his own comic, it was one I didn't know too much about and it looked interesting and now I'm glad I took the chance to buy it because it has definitely been a fun read.

#7 Posted by Saren (25451 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT HAPPENED TO FIRE AND ICE? BUT MOSTLY ICE?

#8 Edited by n8hobbs (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Click below to get a quick recap of what happened to different JLI members last issue.

After the explosion in issue 6, they found them battered pretty badly in issue 7, Gavril Ivanovich was sadly found dead by August General...I liked him :( As for Fire and Ice...Ice has both legs broken in multiple spots and serious internal injuries, Fire is in a coma, and Mari may never walk again...so the team got hit hard.
#9 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Im excited about OMAC joining the team.

#10 Posted by Kairan1979 (16927 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the point of JLI is that it's INTERNATIONAL team. Kevin is not Asian, he is Asian American. I'd prefer the real Asian character. What about Japanese superheroes? It coud create interesting rivalry between him and August General of Iron.

#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7938 posts) - - Show Bio

i have never liked O.M.A.C. i cant stand even looking at him. I wish they would have just killed him off or something but thats just me.

#12 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I much as I was enjoyed the news, it is hard to be excited about OMAC joining the team. It quality and humor of the DiDio/Giffen team won't be coming with the character, so will he be as enjoyable?

#13 Posted by Dernman (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

i have never liked O.M.A.C. i cant stand even looking at him. I wish they would have just killed him off or something but thats just me.

That's not just you. :p

#14 Posted by n8hobbs (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

I much as I was enjoyed the news, it is hard to be excited about OMAC joining the team. It quality and humor of the DiDio/Giffen team won't be coming with the character, so will he be as enjoyable?

I don't know, it's more of a wait and see. Considering it's a team book it'll most likely be a little different but hopefully they don't try to change him...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.