Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Justice League Gods and Monsters tie-in

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was over at Comicbook.com and came across an article about Bruce Timm's JL movie and a tie in for it.

link

It also describes the movie as a darker take on the characters.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curios to what "darker" means?

Yah how much darker it can get

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Great because darkness and edginess is exactly what DC has always been about. I expected better from Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett of all people. Still, it will almost definitely be better than the current New 52 inspired animated features so I'm willing to give it a chance.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Great because darkness and edginess is exactly what DC has always been about. I expected better from Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett of all people. Still, it will almost definitely be better than the current New 52 inspired animated features so I'm willing to give it a chance.

I agree that DC has been going more dark and edgy. While I don't really find Man of Steel "dark" (it's Superman set in our world, so if you think it's dark then I guess that's where we are) I do agree that the New 52 is just arms getting ripped off and one event after another.

Which animated features are you talking about? Justice League War and Son of Batman? Or are you throwing Arkham in there too? I agree with the first two, but I loved the Suicide Squad movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

I agree that DC has been going more dark and edgy. While I don't really find Man of Steel "dark" (it's Superman set in our world, so if you think it's dark then I guess that's where we are) I do agree that the New 52 is just arms getting ripped off and one event after another.

Which animated features are you talking about? Justice League War and Son of Batman? Or are you throwing Arkham in there too? I agree with the first two, but I loved the Suicide Squad movie.

Flashpoint was the darkest and bloodiest DC Animated movie yet. The Suicide Squad movie was better as the premise and set up of that film worked better with its darker tone. But I still wasn't blown away by it.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jj_was_here said:

@lvenger said:

Flashpoint was the darkest and bloodiest DC Animated movie yet. The Suicide Squad movie was better as the premise and set up of that film worked better with its darker tone. But I still wasn't blown away by it.

Oh crap. Yeah, I totally forgot about Flashpoint. I enjoyed it but man was that brutal. Especially Zoom getting shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.