Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Justice League #38 Speculations

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

OK so that we know that Batman has been exposed to the Amazo Virus
    what do you think will happen to him? I want to hear your creative theories.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Since Johns is writing he'll moan and complain and be useless and end up being saved by Lex.

That's seriously what I think is going to happen. Maybe some false suspense too.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hate speculating in case I'm right.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deathstroke52

@sog7dc said:

Since Johns is writing he'll moan and complain and be useless and end up being saved by Lex.

That's seriously what I think is going to happen. Maybe some false suspense too.

LOL come on, Johns isn't that bad :P

But yeah, false suspense seems likely.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52:

Hey maybe I'll be surprised but I don't think so. I'm guessing Batman will be stuck in a bed and still be trying to bark orders while Luthor figures a way to clean his own mess. Or Luthor will be revealed to be the engineer behind all of this.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Hmm, that actually seems kind of believable. But isn't that kind of a part of Batman's personality? Regardless of John's writing, wouldn't Batman still get angry at Lex like that? It kind of strikes me as something he would do regardless of who is writing it. If you disagree, what do you think Bats should do because I'm kinda curious. :P

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52: I don't think he'd do that. I think Bruce would establish his own contingency and let Lex believe he was helpless.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The virus will give him the power of sheer incompetence, then it'll turn out he was actually suffering from that the whole time.

@sog7dc said:

Johns Batman in a nut shell.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deathstroke52

The virus will give him the power of sheer incompetence, then it'll turn out he was actually suffering from that the whole time.

@sog7dc said:

Why do you say that? I rarely get the impression that Johns hates Batman.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna see Superman and Wonder Woman save their team mates, being the only non-human members. I also want to see a battle. I've given up on getting more from this book.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
    Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

This.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hate Batman fans.

Geoff shoukd kick Batman out so that we don't have to put up with the whining.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very interesting

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I hate Batman fans.

Killing the book seems harsh.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: you guys should probably get over yourself. Geoff Johns' other book sells well, I don't think Batman is the only reason people buy the Justice League.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: you guys should probably get over yourself. Geoff Johns' other book sells well, I don't think Batman is the only reason people buy the Justice League.

It sells well by Superman standards, not by Batman/Amazing Spider-Man/Justice League standards. I could easily see 15-20K in readership shaved off by Batman's removal from the League.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: 15K of JL is still a respectable 50K readers, respectable by comic standards.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What i'm guessing and what i hope doesn't happen cuz it literally happens too much now is that Geoff will pander and have batman attain some incredible metahuman power, have him bring down patient zero on his own and probably then become bedridden.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: 15K of JL is still a respectable 50K readers, respectable by comic standards.

Yeah that's what DC will be thinking. "We only lost 15,000 sales a month.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would win.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@sog7dc said:

More like blind fanboy's perception of Johns Batman

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@sog7dc said:

This so much.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Superguy1591

@thebourneposter: yep, now Geoff would be free to write his story and not have to worry about you guys moaning about how Batman isn't beating the whole JL and how he hates Batman and he could write a masterful tale, increasing his readership by 30K.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@sog7dc said:

Pretty much. If you're not Scott Snyder's Batman, you have a bias towards Batman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@saren said:

@superguy1591 said:

I hate Batman fans.

Wouldn't most Batman fans be happy if Batman got out of the JL, that Johns is writing :P

@sirzechs said:
    @captainmarvel4ever said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@sog7dc said:

This so much.

I have to say you are being unfair. Johns' seems to start getting Bats. And as for Lex saving him, don't forget that Batman saved the day in the previous arc, not Lex, and in this arc Lex was owned again by Bruce when they made the speeches at the beginning. Plus he is one of the main leaguers to be left alive by the Amazo virus for three issues now and at least up to now Johns' hadn't made him do anything embarrasing.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: No, they want Batman in the JL, even if it means Johns is writting it, they just want a JL more in line with Snyder's JL.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: No, they want Batman in the JL, even if it means Johns is writting it, they just want a JL more in line with Snyder's JL.

Nah, @saren is right. DC knows that bringing Batman in the league will also sway Bat-fans to buy the book and increase sales.
    There is a reason for example Flash is in the JL even though he hasn't appeared regularly for like 15+ issues, so the Flash fans or Flash completionists will buy the book.

Snyder's JL was modified to be on track with Johns' JL not the opposite :P Thats just logical. Plus Snyder has no juristiction on JL. They don't even regularily appear on Snyder's books, don't be silly :P

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I never denied Batman helps sales--that's why they're all there--but Geoff Johns isn't a rookie writer who can't sell books. Geoff's Superman sells 50k, and thats just Superman, I'm sure his JL book won't suffer much without Batman.

Though, I do acknowledge that Batman is the biggest seller.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon: I never denied Batman helps sales--that's why they're all there--but Geoff Johns isn't a rookie writer who can't sell books. Geoff's Superman sells 50k, and thats just Superman, I'm sure his JL book won't suffer much without Batman.

Τhats not much really :/

Considering Geoff is a Super-star writer and Superman is dc's second biggest gun 50K is mediocre. Johns' Aquaman did better :P

And I agree it won't certaintly suffer as big as a loss as Saren said, especially since most readers reason to buy JL isn't Johns' Batman especially as deep as this run currently is.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Τhats not much really :/

Considering Geoff is a Super-star writer and Superman is dc's second biggest gun 50K is mediocre. Johns' Aquaman did better :P

And I agree it won't certaintly suffer as big as a loss as Saren said, especially since most readers reason to buy JL isn't Johns' Batman especially as deep as this run currently is.

Yes,but Aquaman also had an arist that is more apreciated by the modern audience. If Geoff could work with another illustrator (lets say Jim Lee,Ed Benes,Carlos Pacheco..) the sales would be easily higher.

I am enjoying Romita in this book,i was curious to see him on my favourite character,but now i am really looking forward to another artist if i am honest.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf said:

Yes,but Aquaman also had an arist that is more apreciated by the modern audience. If Geoff could work with another illustrator (lets say Jim Lee,Ed Benes,Carlos Pacheco..) the sales would be easily higher.

I am enjoying Romita in this book,i was curious to see him on my favourite character,but now i am really looking forward to another artist if i am honest.

I am not sure if JRJR's inclusion was a bad move since he IS JRJR an ex-exclusive Marvel artist with a huge legacy on his back.

I am one of the few that love artists with an individual style like JRJR and Kuder. One complain that I have with artists like Reis and Lee is that their work lacks a sense of motion.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@saren said:

@superguy1591 said:

I hate Batman fans.

Wouldn't most Batman fans be happy if Batman got out of the JL, that Johns is writing :P

As happy as a lot WW fans would be if she parted ways with Johns.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@outside_85: I am new to comics.

Why would people be happy to see Batman and Wonder Woman leave under John's writing?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: Both fan bases are babies when their favorite character isn't featured as the main character.

Batman fans hate Geoff because Geoff doesn't write Bat-God. Geoff's Justice League doesn't feature a lead character like Morrison's JL, which featured Batman, and they're upset because of it.

Wonder Woman fans want her off because they basically want Wonder Woman to be Superman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@sog7dc said:

Oh really please do guide me in this hour of darkness,what should I know about Johns Batman that I dont already?

No we dont,he should leave unconditionally,they already have a tech guy and now a billionaire genius,Batman should tender his resignation and go form the Outsiders. It's past time that franchise returned.

@squalleon said:

@saren said:

@superguy1591 said:

I hate Batman fans.

As happy as a lot WW fans would be if she parted ways with Johns.

LOL.

@thebourneposter: yep, now Geoff would be free to write his story and not have to worry about you guys moaning about how Batman isn't beating the whole JL and how he hates Batman and he could write a masterful tale, increasing his readership by 30K.

Excellent strategy. Shame Superman's sales are dwindling,they even teased a Batman appearance there too.

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@sog7dc said:

Pretty much. If you're not Scott Snyder's Batman, you have a bias towards Batman.

Yesterday it was Morrison,before that Miller now Snyder,pick one and stick with it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would people be happy to see Batman and Wonder Woman leave under John's writing?

With the possible exceptions of Cyborg fans,I think pretty much every fanbase would breathe a sigh of relief when Johns leaves,his book has not been about the JLA. Superguy can keep bringing up the Batgod excuse but this book has so far failed to use the JL properly. It's not about the JL,this is no team book,it's a team up book if you get what I mean. The JL itself should be written like a singular entity,this book is about a bunch of characters who get together to do stuff. Johns has failed,that's why he switched to other characters (CSA,Doom Patrol and now Luthor and Cold),he cant write the JL to save his life.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: Both fan bases are babies when their favorite character isn't featured as the main character.

This from the fanbase that collapsed into tears because Batman was taking up too much space in Unchained?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@superguy1591 said:

This from the fanbase that collapsed into tears because Batman was taking up too much space in Unchained?

Not from all of us. Very bad generalazation from you Saren. Every fanbase has the more passionate fans. Shame really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
    deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually hilarious how bad Geoff Johns run is compared to, say, Morrison's.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

It is founded on history, if you pick up Grant Morrison's JLA, you get the impression Batman is the coolest character on the planet and with a definite place secured on the Justice League because he has anticipated every battle and every outcome, then planned accordingly. Geoff Johns however makes him look like an unblanced moron that is quickly running out of reasons to be included on a team composed of kings, gods and other extraordinary people.

William Moulton Marston created Wonder Woman to be the greatest ideal for humanity to aspire to, strong, confident, capable, compassionate and intelligent. Johns writes her as a half-witted barbarian with some romance hammered into her in the most ham-fisted way possible.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@superguy1591 said:

Not from all of us. Very bad generalazation from you Saren. Every fanbase has the more passionate fans. Shame really.

The same can be said for Superguy and other people(especially Supes fans) who throw the words Batman fanboys nonchalantly.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@saren said:

@superguy1591 said:

The same can be said for Superguy and other people(especially Supes fans) who throw the words Batman fanboys nonchalantly.

The difference being the user. Saren and you are seasoned users, Superguy is fairly new. And Saren has been pretty active in the Superman forums, feeding guys like Superguy into continuing what they do. Also there are plently of active users in Superman forums, not only Superguy. One or two NEW users making a mess shouldn't be enough of a reason for such generalazations. You have stated many times that you think the Batman fanbase is more mature than the Superman fanbase and that has starting to annoy me because I could easily, mention fans that are as passionate about Batman as Superguy is about Superman. Hell, I bet that if I go into the Batman forums right now I will see at least one thread related to "Batman can beat Superman".

You can't judge a whole fanbase from one user. You can't judge Superman fans from Superguy or WW fans from Archiezoom etc.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: Lord forbid Superman fans, who are buying a book called SUPERMAN : Unchained, want to see Superman handle his threats by himself.

We're a real unreasonable group.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: trust me, Geoff wants Batman in the league. If he hated Batman, he wouldn't make Batman one up Luthor, twice in one issue.

Me, personally, I think Superman, Luthor and Diana would make a great trio. You can have more fun with Lex than with Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.