Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Jumping-on Point for Legion of Super-Heroes?

XSpectreGreyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I'm on my mid-term break and am at incredible levels of bored. For me, right now this is a dead time for entertainment. There are no shows to watch and no games I care about a releasing soon. I'm still up to date on my current pulls and am not interested in jumping into a New 52 series, so I figured I'd get into the Legion of Super-Heroes, a team I've always had a mild interest in... so I then read Legion Lost, a New 52 series, because I'm an idiot. I was completely lost and quit reading halfway through the first issue. From what I've heard, the New 52 Legion of Super-Heroes book is pretty much the same way. Apparently, the continuity of this team is pretty screwed up, so I'd like to know what are good jumping-on points for the team.

Paul2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well LOSH has been cancelled... So get the trades? (I haven't picked LOSH up)

XSpectreGreyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paul2814: I know it's been cancelled. But the New 52 books were not friendly to newcomers, so I'm guessing I have to start from somewhere before that. Unless the writing was that incompetent and that was meant to be a jumping-on point. The continuity of the team is pretty messed up from what I've heard, but there has to be a point where new readers can get on board. Like at the beginning of a story arc or just a good issue that explains the premise and characters (maybe even introducing new ones) like Nightwing #19, which seems to be a good jumping-on point (I myself have been following the character for a while, but it does seem like it would be a good place to start).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.