Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Jim starlin to write an ongoing for dc

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Stormbox

So since this doesnt have a thread, i made one for it

Lots of stuff going on lately at dc

On his official facebook account, Starlin shared the following, "I have just completed scripting the first two issues of an on-going series for DC Comics. Can’t say what the title is until DC wants the news out. But I imagine a lot of people will be quite surprised to see me take over the writing chores on this particular property. Been having a (surprisingly) fun time with it so far."
    Exciting news to be sure, Starlin is the creator behind Thanos, Shang-Chi, Mongul and the author of notable arcs like The Death of Captain Marvel, Batman: A Death in the Family and Death of the New Gods (there's clearly a theme here). With his penchant for writing cosmic tales it wouldn't be a wild guess to suppose that he's doing the same for DC. Perhaps he's taking over Green Lantern, resurrecting The Weird or maybe even a Legion of Superheroes title?

From comicbookmovie.com

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

PLEASE BE L.E.G.I.O.N

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TimeLordScience

Better not be Batgirl...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

bump

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

Starlin tends to do New Gods titles. I am also ok with rebooting the Legion of Super Heroes into the 21st century to compete with the Guardians of the Galaxy who are now also based in the 21st century. Or a Vril Dox Rebels reboot would also be nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.