Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Is the new 52 going to get cancelled?

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because that would make me so happy.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha no

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Duzz

I dunno about getting canceled but I am really hoping for it to be more cohesive. I am quite frankly LOST. My books use to be Superman/GLs and Supergirl. But it all went to freank after Trinity were. Heck I had Justice League 1-6 and loved the story then Issue 7 happen with the whole graves storyline and I was just confused.

Right now I have no idea what is going on, honest. With Marvel I have no idea what is going on over there either, the last thing I remember from them is AvX and reading All New X-Men. SOOO lost!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@duzz: I don't think that's DC or Marvel's fault, I think you just have trouble keeping up

@darktimecop: It's not ending, it's just not going to be called the New 52 anymore (although I guess that means it technically is ending).

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: damn that's a shame. The whole reboot is a big mess and I was hoping to return to the old continuity. Post-Crisis FTW.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darktimecop: If it were a mess it wouldn't be selling so well

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Didio already said Convergence isn't going to change anything

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: By no continuity, he was talking about series like Batmite or Bizzarro, fun mini series that won't take place in main continuity.

He mentions it in some if the Convergence interviews.

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Creative mess, not commercial. Also like half of the titles are getting cancelled.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: no, but it shouldn't be hard to find them (not that it matters though, looking at them won't change the outcome)

@darktimecop: 1. The New 52 has had some of DC's most successful and critically acclaimed titles

2. If you actually paid any attention you'd know that's because DC is planning for a new wave of comics

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: They came out like a month ago, I doubt that in that time DC decided to change everything in that amount of time, especially since all the post Convergence titles they showed us seem to be in the exact same continuity as before.

Well considering they already told us it won't be called the New 52 anymore, I'd say it's safe to assume they're dropping the name.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment when your dyslexia kicks in and you read

Is the new 52 going to get cancer?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: future end is going to effect the current Universe. Convergence is just 2 month filler with some closure of the pre-52 stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@glemerald924:

I get you. I also have dyslexia but that was kind funny.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think one way to interpret what the DC people said about "story trumping continuity" is that they really aren't trying to tie everything together anymore and may not care what continuity their writers write their stories in. I'm hoping Bryan Hitch's Justice League of America will be set in the pre-Flashpoint universe. I think it's safe to assume that most of the runs that are continuing post-Convergence will continue to use the New 52 continuity. But I'm hoping that maybe after those, more will revert to the pre-Flashpoint continuity. Honestly, anything anyone can tell you right now is pure speculation, aside from the books no longer carrying the New 52 insignia. And it seems that the fans cannot agree on what we want, which puts DC in a tight spot when it comes to pleasing the fans. Hopefully they come up with some way to throw everyone some portion of a bone, but we'll see.

BadBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No its not going to get cancelled, they are only dropping name, because its not new anymore and it is not 52...I see Convergence as event that will change stuff, but will not reboot or remake anything. It will change it in a way that big story will happen, someone may die, someone goes missing, bad guy wins and so on...At least that is my opinion, why would they cancel it when majority of people enjoys New 52 (including me) some of my favorite stories are in N52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.