Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Is FLASHPOINT the Start of THE NEW 52 Animated U?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman and Robin. The first arc with Nobody.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By JLDoom

Maybe that's why they said they're not going to adapt more stories

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@jldoom said:

Maybe but I doubt it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't think that right now they will start adopting stories from the New 52 but Batman and Robin:Nobody or Batman R.I.P can be awesome.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Nightwing traps and trapeez's! would be awesome its the first 7 issues of nightwing.

Action comics 1-8 but there already making a movie with brainiac. so...

Justice League Origin. justice league 1-6

Superman 13-17 H'el On Earth.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Throne of Atlantis and Death of the Family. Maybe trinity war, but I'll have to read it when it comes out in order to form a valid opinion.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom said:

I thought they said that they were doing less adaptations and more original ideas.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Am I the only one that wants Bruce Timm to get back to creating original stories in the animated work he does for DC?

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@spinningbirdcake: You're not! If they don't want to adapt comics, original stories like the Mask of the Phantasm would be great. Anything by Bruce Timm would be great. It doesn't even have to be BTAS character designs, just give that guy money to do stuff!

I wonder why they don't want to adapt stories, though. I would love a Court of Owls movie more than life itself. Or even better, the Black Mirror. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't, considering the art and story is already there. Don't they just need to animate it?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@gotwillpower: Its a bit more complicated than that. First they have to come up with an art syle that is fitting to animation while hopefully still paying homage to the original comic art. Then they have to write the script. Just because the base story is already there doesnt mean that they dont have to work on it. It has to be adapted to fit the length of a movie so they have to pick annd choose what to keep in to the story as well as what to add to make it flow better. Look at Under the Red Hood for an example. ALOT of it was cut and reworked such as changing the Assassins to more generic characters to reworking the ressurection of Jason Todd, and IMO it turned out slightly better than the comics it was based on.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@noj said:

@gotwillpower: Its a bit more complicated than that. First they have to come up with an art syle that is fitting to animation while hopefully still paying homage to the original comic art. Then they have to write the script. Just because the base story is already there doesnt mean that they dont have to work on it. It has to be adapted to fit the length of a movie so they have to pick annd choose what to keep in to the story as well as what to add to make it flow better. Look at Under the Red Hood for an example. ALOT of it was cut and reworked such as changing the Assassins to more generic characters to reworking the ressurection of Jason Todd, and IMO it turned out slightly better than the comics it was based on.

Judd Winick wrote both Under the Hood and its adaptation, the change on the resurrection of Todd was actually what Winick had planned to do originally in the comic but Didio requested him to use the punch of prime instead.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@thanosismad said:

@jldoom said:

I thought they said that they were doing less adaptations and more original ideas.

Or was it that? I kinda forgot. But whatever, my point still stands

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@noj said:

Judd Winick wrote both Under the Hood and its adaptation, the change on the resurrection of Todd was actually what Winick had planned to do originally in the comic but Didio requested him to use the punch of prime instead.

That's interesting, because I still haven't read Under the Red Hood (I have watched the movie), so I didn't know that.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Batman Inc Damian's Death and Justice League the first six issues, and maybe Court of Owls.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Inc Damian's Death and Justice League the first six issues, and maybe Court of Owls.

Thankfully, it's an adaptation so it might come out better than the comic. Though that's not hard to do. They might actually make Darkseid a being with a brain and not whatever the hell he was supposed to be in the Origin story. I refuse to believe that a team of first timers/newbies (some of whom were still kids BTW) who'd never worked together were able to repel mother****ing Darkseid! He was wiping the floor with them the last time he showed up and they had 10 times the firepower and experience then. END/RANT

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr_Holmes

Action Comics #1-8 for sure. The Collector arc as the main feature, and a short for the LOSH tale.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thejman251

- I would personally like a show for RHATO(obviously).

- Aside from that, they could probably animate issues of the flash and maybe teen titans and books related to those.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.