Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Is DC mis-handling Wildstorm Characters?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

As someone who really loves all of the windstorm characters except for like 2. I feel that dc is poorly handling them. It makes me feel sad that I probably won't get great stories about my favorite characters like majestic and zealot and grifter. What do youvthink about DC's handling of windstorm characters?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cameron83

I agree. Most of them are just being horribly mishandled.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DC is mis-handling all of their characters. Most fans could do a better job than what DC is doing.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DC is mis-handling all of their characters. Most fans could do a better job than what DC is doing.

Yep ;)

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
    Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Exactly what I came in here to say

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will all due respect I made this thread to speak specifically about the wildstorm characters dc purchased. I don't mean to be rude but im interested in what you guys think about the wildstorm characters.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well, how many Wildstorm titles they're currently publishing? One. Not to mention it's in the cancellation zone.

How many Wildstorm characters are there outside of the one title? None.

BB

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By comicbookfan93

What Wildstorm characters still have ongoings in the New 52? (Sorry for my ignorance)

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What Wildstorm characters still have ongoings in the New 52? (Sorry for my ignorance)

the only "Wildstorm" title being published right now is Stormwatch and I'm really surprised that it hasn't been cancelled yet

the problem is that they shouldn't have merged the Wildstorm universe with the DC universe and brought them under the same cancellation policy....Wildstorm and it's books did fine as an imprint where they weren't subjected to the same cancellation rules as DC books because there's really no way that they could expect a Team 7 book to do as well as a Justice League book...the characters aren't popular enough for that..that and they haven't really given the Wildstorm characters a chance either...they've only ever given books to characters and teams that Wildstorm never would have published even before the New 52...they should have at least tried a Gen13, Authority, and WildC.A.T.S book

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicbookfan93 said:

the only "Wildstorm" title being published right now is Stormwatch and I'm really surprised that it hasn't been cancelled yet

the problem is that they shouldn't have merged the Wildstorm universe with the DC universe and brought them under the same cancellation policy....Wildstorm and it's books did fine as an imprint where they weren't subjected to the same cancellation rules as DC books because there's really no way that they could expect a Team 7 book to do as well as a Justice League book...the characters aren't popular enough for that..that and they haven't really given the Wildstorm characters a chance either...they've only ever given books to characters and teams that Wildstorm never would have published even before the New 52...they should have at least tried a Gen13, Authority, and WildC.A.T.S book

yes! a wildcats book would have been amazing. or they could have at least given the flagship characters titles with good creative teams. I would have loved if grafter was given to andy diggle or greg pak and had it drawn by greg capullo. that would have gotten people interested in the wildstorm characters

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

@sog7dc:

I remember you being a new reader, right? How much Wildstorm stuff have you read?

BB

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:

I remember you being a new reader, right? How much Wildstorm stuff have you read?

BB

yeah I am new (started infebruary) but I have read majestics mini series, his 2005 solo, 20 issues of wildcats, a few of wildcats nemesis ad 3 issues of grifters solo

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@billy_batson said:

@sog7dc:

BB

yeah I am new (started infebruary) but I have read majestics mini series, his 2005 solo, 20 issues of wildcats, a few of wildcats nemesis ad 3 issues of grifters solo

What Wildcats issues? Have you read Casey's run?
    BB

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@billy_batson said:

@sog7dc:

BB

BB

I read the firt few issues written by Brandon choi, chris Claremont, erik Larson and james robinson. are you a fan of wildstorm characters too?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Billy Batson

@sog7dc said:

@billy_batson said:

@sog7dc said:

@billy_batson said:

@sog7dc:

BB

BB

I read the firt few issues written by Brandon choi, chris Claremont, erik Larson and james robinson. are you a fan of wildstorm characters too?

You should read the Casey run then. He really turned the concept around and took into new heights.

Yeah, I've enjoyed a fair share of Wildstorm series.

BB

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
    turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

both of them are treated well.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By danhimself

both of them are treated well.

how? Stormwatch is the only book with Wildstorm characters and it's close to cancellation

turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: swamp thing and constantine are treated well. the rest is sarcasm. weird enough i was wondering what happened to stormwatch a couple of minutes ago.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: swamp thing and constantine are treated well. the rest is sarcasm. weird enough i was wondering what happened to stormwatch a couple of minutes ago.

neither Swamp Thing or Constantine are Wildstorm characters

turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: really? damn. i wasnt very sure about swamp thing but i was sure constantine is. well then i know how you feel. i found out today what has happened to the legacy of kain series. after 10 years they are doing something with it and..... it's so bad. not like this, not like this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Swamp Thing and Constantine were created before the Wildstorm imprint :/
    BB

turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: it happens. i havent read spider-man since that. i miss him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson:

there is a wbh vs shazam thread going that I know you would just loooovvvveeee

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Yes they are. Milestone characters have it even worse.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SOG7dc

I wish dc would wake up and start treating characters that people want to read the right way.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to read Stormwatch until it was changed and ruined.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By Strider1992

Yes. DC have screwed up nearly every WS character.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is really sad i own every wildstorm book, hell i own almost everything from when it was image comics, and at first i was ok, ill give this a chance, Voodoo sucked, the whole book was fan service, Most of the Gen 13 cast got thrown in the horrible Superboy book, Zealot became deathstrokes whatever, Grifter, poor grifter, they took everything that made him great away, i mean at first the book was good and then just went downhill, Stormwatch, while im glad isnt cancelled i dont know how, HEY DC use these guys during forever evil dammit.

They made helspont a throw-away villain

then there was whole debacle with Majestic, and spartan, Come on guys, you still have cool stories to tell, and great characters to tell it with, what i would love to truly see, is after forever evil, is THE AUTHORITY, showing up Bring in Flint, Helstrike, Jackson King,Fuji, make Midnighter dark again,and have Apollo be his balance point you can Add Swift even make her a crappy hawk-person, Bring in THE HIGH

In a post Forever evil, they would be great, come on DC, come on Jim Lee

GuyGardner777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still see Wildstorm as IMAGE characters, DC should bring out WILDCATS, the best title by far and please lose the NEW 52, absorb Wildstorm in the classic modern age DC Universe not this horrible Ultimate one :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@comicbookfan93 said:

This. Also Wildstorm characters don't work in the DCU.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.