Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

is anyone else disappointed w villains month

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here's what I read: trigon joker mr freeze darkseid cyborg superman court of owls reverse flash grodd and ill probly get sinestro. But out of those the only one I liked waqs reverse flash. The rest were only 3 out of 5 at best. I was really excited and was pumped for the 3d covers but ended up really let down

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TDK_1997

I am really disappointed because with every issue I have the feel that I am reading the same story as before but with different characters.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the Darkseid and Two Face issue's I have not enjoyed any others. I am very disappointed thus far.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

i'll just put this out there. black manta and grodd's issues have to do with forever evil so far. the rest are origins, or in joker and HQ's case pointless, uninteresting dribble. of course you're disappointed with them. they did the covers before they had creative teams on them. they are planned well in advance as cash grabs.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer: I still can't believe they did that. It shows you DC's mindset like nothing else.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll just put this out there. black manta and grodd's issues have to do with forever evil so far. the rest are origins, or in joker and HQ's case pointless, uninteresting dribble. of course you're disappointed with them. they did the covers before they had creative teams on them. they are planned well in advance as cash grabs.

jokers was just boring and i really didn't care for the idea that joker is evil since he was abused as a child.

@tec79 said:

Besides the Darkseid and Two Face issue's I have not enjoyed any others. I am very disappointed thus far.

you actually liked darkseids?? i thought it was extremely unoriginal and i thought it basically copied the latest thor arc

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Joker one shot was horrid.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: that's why there arent any names on the covers. get used to it.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So nobody liked the mr freeze issue!! Or riddler or darkseid or...geez so far im satisfied even with the harle quinn issue

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PeppeyHare

I've enjoyed most of the issues I've read apart from the Joker one.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was really excited but I guess im slightly dissapointed.. Not because all the stories are bad but they feel so short so its really hard to get something significant across. I dont know what I expected really.

I havent really all of them yet this week but so far id say my favorite is Solomon Grundy, Ivy and maybe Brainiac.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By blkson

facts.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

For the most part, they have been mediocre.

Out of what I've read, the ones that stood out were Poison Ivy, Riddler, and Two-Face.

The others have ranged from insultingly bad (Harley Quinn) to barely passable (Black Manta).

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The majority have been okay nothing great and as said the 3-D covers are a rip off and a huge let down

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lightsout

They have felt like quite the waste of time, that's for sure. Also no happy with certain origin changes - I'm looking at you Cyborg Superman!!

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have felt like quite the waste of time, that's for sure. Also no happy with certain origin changes - I'm looking at you Cyborg Superman!!

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've liked more than I've disliked. and I really liked Brainiac, Zod, and Two-Face.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sinisteri

Does anyone feel DC is laughing all the way to the bank and not even trying to produce intelligent stories? Glitzy covers, gimmicks, and mediocrity.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone feel DC is laughing all the way to the bank and not even trying to produce intelligent stories? Glitzy covers, gimmicks, and mediocrity.

Pretty much. Hopefully the main story of Forever Evil turns out to be good, but all the 1 shots are obviously a gimmick.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

I knew it was a sales ploy going into it but jeez, I really feel like at least the ones I've picked up have been extremely spotty. Out of the five I've read I would consider only two of them decent.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be disappointed.

Seriously, ask yourself this question: If you read every single DC title before villain's month, would you be of the opinion that some of the books were bad, or, not as good as others, or simply not for you?

Villain's month is a sales gimmick that didn't promise to improve the existing quality of books all around at DC, but just persuade you to purchase more books...and it looks like it worked judging by the comments made on the forums.

Sure, there will be some issues that you think are A-grade, some B-grade, and some that are downright bad...but that's the case with every Wednesday, with DC, Marvel, and other publishers.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By gator4eva

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be disappointed.

Seriously, ask yourself this question: If you read every single DC title before villain's month, would you be of the opinion that some of the books were bad, or, not as good as others, or simply not for you?

Villain's month is a sales gimmick that didn't promise to improve the existing quality of books all around at DC, but just persuade you to purchase more books...and it looks like it worked judging by the comments made on the forums.

Sure, there will be some issues that you think are A-grade, some B-grade, and some that are downright bad...but that's the case with every Wednesday, with DC, Marvel, and other publishers.

I couldn't agree more. I've enjoyed most of them so far with a few bad eggs in the mix, but I wasn't expecting any amazing stories to be honest. They're all one-shots. It's hard to tell great stories with one issue to tell it. Especially when their is so many issues to focus on at once. I like the covers myself even if it is a cheap gimmick.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Over all, they have been disappointing. Some have been good though. Most not.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson: are you asking for facts or what?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the only one I've liked has been the Killer Frost issue...it's been the only one that actually made me care about the villain in the slightest and even then it wasn't really all that great of a book

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By blkson

@blkson: are you asking for facts or what?

no, I was agreeing with what you had said and was stating that the things you said were "facts"

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've flicked through quite a few and they were mostly rubbish, tbh. Have bought Darkseid and its enjoyable but too brief, The Mongul one was really disappointing, I was looking forward to his return!

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have enjoyed Riddler, Darkseid,Black Manta and Relic. The rest I read(Lobo, Deadshot, Killer Frost) weren't to my liking maybe just Deadshot.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

They have been hit or miss for me .I enjoy Zod issue the most.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Cap10nate

I don't like them for the fact that it delays an already decompressed story by another month for most the titles just like Zero month last year. Two months between story progression is too long. It kills almost all the momentum a story has built up if they are in the middle of an arc and then put on hold.

Avatar image for walaparinchange
    walaparinchange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is waste of time and money is useless everything is going down on ebay and local stores....DC sucks!!!!

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have been hit or miss for me .I enjoy Zod issue the most.

I agree the Joker issue was a...joke I really enjoyed the Zod issue my favorite villains issue so far!

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a waste of time i have lost my fire for dc because of it, it would of been cool to have at the end of the comic or a special extra big comic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.