If DC had a X-Men team who would be in?

#1 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked myself if there was a X-Men team on DC who would be in? Does DC actually has Mutants?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33491 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sir_Deadpool: X-Men is Marvels version of Doom Patrol 
#3 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Dammit. I was going to correct you, but your statement is true.

#4 Edited by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: never read it if im honest!

@ReVamp: who did you want to correct?!

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Doom Patrol were originally DC's so-called equivalent of the X-Men, but I'm still curious who people would pick as "DC X-Men". I can imagine Beast Boy being on the team... but I'm not sure who else :)

#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants are those born with genetic difference that grants powers. Right? Aliens and mutants alike are part of the X-Men... Superman!

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

so only mutants (or as DC seems to call them Meta-humans) are allowed on this team?

#8 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Static?

#9 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Killer Croc DC's only mutant? I know he doesn't really qualify for a hero team but he IS a mutant as far as I remember.

#10 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary would be one of them, I'm sure.

#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

#12 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunker from the new TT is a muta-I mean Meta who was born with his powers, he'd be there I guess

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to me the X-Men cover a couple different areas. People born with abilities, students in need of instruction to control their abilities and people who are hated or feared because of how they look. I could see Black Canary and Beast Boy but also Black Lightning's daughters, the younger Wildcat, Metamorpho perhaps due to his appearance, Rose and Joseph Wilson and maybe even Raven.

#15 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: jep only mutants!

#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sir_Deadpool: What about people like the flash family that are connected tothe speed force or the Marvels connected to the power of gods or Animal man or resurrection Man? Did they have to be born with their abilities or could something have happened to them (like Static Shock)?

#17 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: thats a good question..In fact these persons must have been born with their power. I can not imagine one X-men who got his power later in life..or do you know someone?!

#18 Posted by chalkshark (1189 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Captain Comet -Adam Blake...Telekinetic
  2. Beast Boy (Changeling)- Garfield Logan... Shape Shifter
  3. Omen- Lilith Clay-Jupiter... Precognitive Telepath
  4. Ferro Lad- Andrew Nolan... Body of Iron
  5. The Incredible Icarus-Eddie Hamilton... Wings
#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sir_Deadpool:

Cain Marko (juggernaut)

Human torch (according to x-men members list he is or was a part of the team)

Ink (is a normal human being that got tattoos from a mutant with the ability of giving powers thru his ink so anything he tattos becomes an ability to whomever got the tattoo)

Krakoa (the living island that gained its powers from nuclear experiments)

Liz Allen (from Spiderman, married Harry Osborn, i dont know how or why she would be on the team but she is listed)

Michael Pointer (gained his abilities thru absorbing all the lost powers of M-Day)

Moira MacTaggert (Scientist but not a mutant)

Omeg Sentinal (got her powers by Bastion during Operation: Zero Tolerance)

Rover (a future sentinal reprogrammed and is now Sentient)

Danger (used to be the X-mens danger room until gaining sentience)

#20 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

i made a list and posted it im not sure why it didnt show up but im not going thru it again. I went the the listed members of the X-men and i found 8-10 members that got there powers and abilities thru forms other than the x-gene.

#21 Posted by Onemoreposter (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna assume this team takes place on an alt-earth as thats the only way it would work. The DC x-men would have to be headed up by a crippled Lex Luthor as he's the only ultra wealthy bald man I can think of (and though not telepathic he has immense brain power). I'm thinking Congorilla could fill in for beast. Icicle(the son of the original) I think would fill in for Iceman. For team leader and cyclops equivalent I'm thinking...well how bout..damn DC cyclops equivalent is hard. I'm thinkin' (and this is kinda cliche) a young Clark Kent only on this earth the heat vision is his first and only(initially) power to manifest and does so in nigh uncontrollable form. Warren is the easiest to find an equivalent for. I'd go with Zauriel. This version is born on earth and doesn't yet realize he is an "actual" angel, but who better to be DC's Angel than a real one. Lastly DC's marvel girl should be played by a time displaced Saturn Girl. Hell yeah.

Well I think that team pretty well would fill in the roles of the marvel X-Men and has enough quirkyness and irony relating to the DCU proper to provide for some interesting storyline.

#22 Posted by Slaze (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Jericho was described as a mutant a few times in The New Teen Titans, his super power was a result of a mutation in his genes caused by the experiments on his dad (Deathstroke). There is also Captain Comet who was genetically altered due to radiation from a comet going overhead.. These are the only two I am aware of who are probably pure mutants.

#23 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say anyone who is a metahuman in the Dc universe would be an X-men in the Marvel universe.

#24 Posted by Onemoreposter (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but the speedsters are considered meta and most of them weren't born speedsters but gained their powers through accident or experimentation. I'd put characters like that more on the same level as the FF or avengers. I'd agree though that any earthling born meta would be equivalent to a mutant though.

#25 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Mimic was with the X-Men back in the day. I believe he wasn't a mutant, but he could mimic the powers of mutants. So that's why he hung there. I think Krakoa & Danger are both technically mutants, just not humans. I can't remember human torch being an x-man... and a bunch of the others. Liz Allen?

#26 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Mutants have the X-Gene, and are considered the next evolutionary step. A literal Mutant like Killer Croc is as similar to the Marvel Mutants than any other character.

Justifying DC's mutants couldn't really have anything to do with how they got their powers, etc, as Marvel Mutants have such a specific origin.

Ergo, I would think the OP is basically just saying which characters could you see as X-Men.

In this case, I would say any characters that are more diverse and different, e.g, characters that have or could be ostracised and victimised by racism and such, similar to how the X-Men have been subjected to the intolerance since their creation.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (24483 posts) - - Show Bio
A group of teenagers with weird powers fighting for a world that hates and fears them?

#28 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

The Marvel Mutants have the X-Gene, and are considered the next evolutionary step. A literal Mutant like Killer Croc is as similar to the Marvel Mutants than any other character.

Justifying DC's mutants couldn't really have anything to do with how they got their powers, etc, as Marvel Mutants have such a specific origin.

Ergo, I would think the OP is basically just saying which characters could you see as X-Men.

In this case, I would say any characters that are more diverse and different, e.g, characters that have or could be ostracised and victimised by racism and such, similar to how the X-Men have been subjected to the intolerance since their creation.

While on the topic of mutants, I just spoke to Bob...XD...and he said he'd be in town tomorrow.

So I'll get my artwork scanned and send it your way.

#29 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

While on the topic of mutants, I just spoke to Bob...XD...and he said he'd be in town tomorrow.

So I'll get my artwork scanned and send it your way.

Nice work derailing this thread XD Nice one though :p

I cannot wait!!!!

FYI: I figured out how to resolve the Community Star thing with both of us being happy :)

I will do it sometime this week :)

#30 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

FYI: I figured out how to resolve the Community Star thing with both of us being happy :)

I will do it sometime this week :)

Now you're scaring me, Lukas! :{

#31 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: @Roxanne Starr: Please keep your private conversations in private.

#32 Posted by ComicFan_13 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the WildC.A.T.S. are considered an "X-Men" like team.

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicFan_13 said:

I think the WildC.A.T.S. are considered an "X-Men" like team.

WildCATS aren't DC as far as I'm concerned, they haven't been introduced into the main DC Universe and were simply an part of an imprint.

#34 Edited by Dflash29 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

um cyclops can be on the dc team, and maybe jean?

#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much the Doom Patrol, since they preceded the X-Men anyway. 

That said, on a more specific level, I'm going to make a nine person team of DC heroes that could be considered their "X-Men"; 

• Metamorpho 
  • Beast Boy
  • Robotman
  • Rebus
  • The Creeper
  • Etrigan
  • Dorothy Spinner
  • Crazy Jane
#36 Posted by EdBlank (523 posts) - - Show Bio

A living Island is a member of the X-Men? The Danger Room is an X-Man? A mutant with the power to tatoo powers onto people? Sorry fanboys but this s*** is just stupid. How you gonna take a living island on a mission? On topic: Beast Boy, Terra, Killer Croc, Aquaman/lad, Wonder Woman.. That's all I can think of who were born with powers. I don't think aliens like MM, Super, or Starfire should qualify.

#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

#38 Posted by nandizzle (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there an X-gene equivalent in the DCU?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.