i wont be reading anything to with wally west a long

#1 Posted by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

he's been de-aged, hes not part of the justce league either, the flash family dynamic is gone, HIS family dynamic is gone, his personality in the course of time will probably revert back to its original (at least from what can tell (from what i've seen on the vine) hes a little bit of a jerk)

whos with me?

#2 Edited by Justthatkid (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought earlier you were saying how the character doesn't interest you and that you prefer Barry.

At a earlier time? Now your ranting about the character being changed.

#3 Edited by HumanRocket (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't give the character a chance? it's only been one issue -_-

#4 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1266 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Justthatkid (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: Pretty sure theirs a forum from awhile back with him saying something similar...

Eh, never mind confused the OP with someone else..

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/wally-west-1525334/#50

#6 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

You're such a racist for not liking new Wally!

That was sarcasm. I see why you're angry. I don't like how they totally undid everything that was Wally, but I really don't think we would've got back the Wally we all know and love. I'll still be reading the stuff just because I have been enjoying all the Flash stuff. Barry is one of my favorite heroes and I love Captain Cold, Grodd, Golden Glider, Mirror Master, and all those villains. Overall the Flash has a great cast of characters and I'm not having this drastic change of Wally ruin my attitude about my favorite ongoing book right now.

#7 Posted by timelord (717 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: And your reading Catwoman ... you are part of the problem

#8 Posted by danhimself (22559 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord: anyone reading Cat woman forfeits their right to complain about anything else

#9 Edited by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord: nope not at all im still waiting for that joke of a writer to gets off the series

#10 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of what they did to Wally (honestly the race change was the least harmful of them) but out of respect to the writers, I will give it a few issues. I don't think that it's fair to punish them for the sins of the editorial staff.

It is a little sad what has happened to the second generation of DC Superheroes. Due to the fact that many of the main core of DC were aged down and with the existence of the third generation of heroes ala Cassie S, Bart Allen, the second generation were probably viewed by Dan Didio and co. as obsolete. We ended up having Dick Grayson getting dragged around by editorial mandates (though I will say, I dig the idea of Black-Widow-Grayson), Roy Harper being a shell of himself in RHATO, other members like Donna Troy and Garth have either been erased completely or only brief mentions and Wally West is Wally West only in name.

Hopefully the third generation will have better written stories and that the new Wally West becomes a good revelation because the new 52 really dropped the ball on the younger superheroes.

#11 Edited by kilowog52 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry. Is it just me, or is the title of this thread completely incoherent?

#12 Posted by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilowog52: due to the character limit i was unable to use that many more words

#14 Posted by Squalleon (4611 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord: anyone reading Cat woman forfeits their right to complain about anything else

This.

If you are reading Lobdell's Superman too then you shouldn't even post :-P

#15 Posted by timelord (717 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

This.

Does two issues for Doomed count? I like to think Charles Soule and Gregg Pak will be able to make them coherent at least.

#16 Edited by Squalleon (4611 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord said:

@squalleon said:

@danhimself said:

This.

Does two issues for Doomed count? I like to think Charles Soule and Gregg Pak will be able to make them coherent at least.

You are forgiven :-P I think Superman will still be scripted by Lobdell so I don't expect improvement. I will only buy AC from this event.

#17 Posted by danhimself (22559 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of what they did to Wally (honestly the race change was the least harmful of them) but out of respect to the writers, I will give it a few issues. I don't think that it's fair to punish them for the sins of the editorial staff.

It is a little sad what has happened to the second generation of DC Superheroes. Due to the fact that many of the main core of DC were aged down and with the existence of the third generation of heroes ala Cassie S, Bart Allen, the second generation were probably viewed by Dan Didio and co. as obsolete. We ended up having Dick Grayson getting dragged around by editorial mandates (though I will say, I dig the idea of Black-Widow-Grayson), Roy Harper being a shell of himself in RHATO, other members like Donna Troy and Garth have either been erased completely or only brief mentions and Wally West is Wally West only in name.

Hopefully the third generation will have better written stories and that the new Wally West becomes a good revelation because the new 52 really dropped the ball on the younger superheroes.

the third generation is fairing much worse than the second at this point...I'd rather they not exist than what's been done to them at this point

Superboy is now the clone of Superman and Lois's alternate reality son...but the clone was recently killed and replaced with said son

Cassie is now the daughter of Lennox from the Wonder Woman book rather than the daughter of Zeus

Tim Drake is just an alias via witness protection program...we don't even know his real name

Bart has been changed to Bar Torr a killer from the future who randomly gets speed powers and narcs on all of his people and is placed on witness protection in the past

like I said..much worse than the second generation

#18 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I don't necessarily disagree with you, as I said at the end, the new 52 has had a hard time with the younger superheroes, the third generation has really been mistreated from a writing standpoint and the second generation from an editorial standpoint.

Personally, I would rather have characters that I like exist even if they're written poorly just because all it takes is one good writer and it can transform the way in which an entire fanbase views a character. The best example of this is Green Arrow, it was mediocre, border-line on awful (check the best/worst of new 52 post) but then Jeff Lemire came in and really saved that character in the new 52. Now obviously, the odds of it happening to the third generation aren't great, but because of the idea of hope, it's better than nothing.

#19 Edited by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, cause I'm sure DC cares about the opinion of one person complaining on a forum site.

#20 Posted by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: im not complaining im just sugesting we dont buy anything with wallys name on it, i mean theres always the alternative...wait for it to come to your local libary!

#21 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

Can give him the character a chance? it's only been one issue -_-

Someone with a reasonable voice <3

#23 Posted by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber: have you found his humor in that annual? if not tell me when you find it (no really, if you dont mind)

#24 Edited by Al_capOWN (534 posts) - - Show Bio

but you red cat woman HAHAHAHAHA what a load of caca.

#25 Posted by mogo1 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilowog52: I was wondering if anyone else noticed.....

Good name by the way also

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.