Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Help, which comics to read!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

I've been buying way too many comics recently since getting back into them and need to settle down to pick 2/3 DC comics I think. Which 2-3 would you lot recommend just now to stick with? I definitely want to read Flash, as he is my current favourite, but am torn between GL corps, Superman unchained and Batman/Superman (which I purchased issues 1 and 2 of). I'm not a massive fan of Batman comics, not sure why, as I love the films, but I cant seem to get into the comics that well. However, is Zero year worth a go?

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you want a subsidiary of batman comics and you like Noirish comics I would go for Batwoman. It's a fantastic comic in both art and storyline. I quite like Batman/Superman [especially pre new 52] so I would also recommend that. I haven't read the others though. I hope I helped though.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Superman unchained is excellent and a must read for Supes fans. I like BM/SM but the art on that book is a major turn off to a lot of people so it depends on your preference. Zero Year has been pretty good so far but it's really just getting started and it's too soon to see how it's all going to shape up

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you're a big superman fan then definitely go for Superman Unchained. Green Lantern Corps is ok. Superman/Batman is good as well but if you're not a big Batman fan then maybe you should go with one of the others.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.