Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Height and Weight in the DC Universe

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gettogaara

Am I the only one thinking a lot of these stats don't make any sense? I recently went on the DCwiki and checked out some of these stats. A couple of them looked wrong so I commented on them and found out they got these stats from a book called "The DC Comics Encyclopedia." So I purchased the book and found out a lot of these stats make no sense. Now I know that the way a character is drawn varies but Jason Todd is heavier than Batman by 15 lbs despite being shorter and not as muscular? Superboy is only 5.7 even though he's the clone of Superman? He actually appears that height in the comics too but it doesn't really make sense considering who's DNA he has.

Now as of New 52 it seems many of those stats have become invalid. In a picture of all of the Robins, Dick was the tallest(5.10). Then Jason(6.0 but if he's shrunk maybe 5.8 or 5.9). Tim(5.5) was like a head shorter than Jason but he was leaning slightly forward. The only one who looked normal there was Damien. Another example is Sinestro. He's supposedly 6.7 yet stands only slightly taller than Hal in the Green Lantern comic.

Sorry if I seem a bit nit picky, I'm just sort of OCD about small details like this. What are some heights and weights you guys find weird?

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The comic book writers don't really care about drawing to scale. Marvel Comics isn't much better. Hulk is supposed to be 8 feet tall but frequently shown to be 15 feet tall.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathSamurai

@pcn24454: hulk starts at 8 feet tall when he gets madder and stronger he gets up to 12 feet tall.

To answee the question yeah they don't really care jasom todd should be ahorter than batman but should be a little bit more musclar, but they don't want to show a robin that's bigger than batman. Not sure about sinestro though.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starfire is supposed to be 6'4 195cm, but she is often portrayed as shorter than most men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.