Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Have anyone read Team 7?

Zadoulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm intrigued with the covers and the concept of the word, "Team". So does this series amazing or mediocre? Does it cover all of the characters instead of one character getting all the face time? Was the ending issue really awesome and bought some closure? The reason why I didn't post this in the Team 7 forums is because I think it's dead.

WadeInLincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WadeInLincoln

Most fans of Team 7 are from the mid 1990's when Image Comics ran like 3 separate mini series. It was a type of military/war team type comic that's characters were unknowingly given superpowers by it's own government.

Fast forward to the Team 7 reboot with the New 52. Basically some DC characters were added along with a couple of the original Team 7 members to make the series that you are asking about. It still involves government operatives who end up with superpowers. This series brings you in at the beginning of the careers of such characters as Black Cannery, Deathstroke, Grifter, and Amanda Waller of Suicide Squad and Justice League America/United. So if any of that sounds interesting to you..... check it out.

And the series doesn't really have closure because as even as early as last week's Birds of Prey 33 and 34.... Team 7 members are still influencing in the New 52. Grifter and Deathstroke are currently 5 years in the future in New 52 Future's End and they still don't remember ever working together in Team 7 yet. It seems like a Team 7 reference still pops up every few weeks somewhere.

Zadoulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@wadeinlincoln: Thank you so much for this information. I'll check it out!

WadeInLincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WadeInLincoln

Oh heck I forgot.... recently in Supergirl 33, the original Gen 13 team made it's New 52 debut.

Now originally, the Gen 13 team are the children of Team 7 members from the Wildstorm Comic series. So it will be interesting to see if more Team 7 stuff will be heading our way from DC. The New 52 kinda already did a series like Gen 13 with the Ravagers where Rose Wilson and Catlyn Fairchild are children of New 52 Team 7 members.

Heck, I saw Catlyn Fairchild (Gen 13, Ravagers, daughter of Team 7 Alex Fairchild) in Batgirl 34 this week hanging out with Starfire.... so maybe something is going on Team 7/Gen 13 related over in Red Hood and the Outaws???

Gen 13 and Team 7 from Image/Wildstorm Comics were very popular series back in it's day. Really recommend going back and checking some of it out.

DC has tried to regain the popularity of these titles (among others) that it has bought out, unfortunately it has been a slow process.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.