Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Harley Quinn Becoming super popular I see.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ariesxmasters

I see Ms. Harley Quinn is starting to become really popular. Her Comic series is outselling a lot of other comic series as shown below even leaving behind the face of comics Superman. Why is that? What turned so many people on to this lady? Why is her popularity jumping from when she was first introduced to now?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

DC is really pushing her. I approve.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: It's jumping because DC decided to put money on her and they finally decided to let her have her own story without having the Joker in every single panel. I don't mind their special ''relationship'' but she needed something different.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I saw. They even started putting out Two issues a month for her. She has been consistently on the Top 15 comic sales.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she's sexy.

Jmarshmallow

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Easy.

1.) She's a Batman character. Batman characters get love for being Batman related. See Catwoman, Deathstroke (His relationship with Robin in TT animation and his relationship with Batman in comics), Nightwing and everyone else who gets a book because they're related to Batman. Don't be shocked if Alfred gets a book.

2.) She's not just a Batman character, she's Joker's girlfriend. If there is a character that people like more than Batman in comics, it's Joker. The fact that she's Joker's girlfriend makes her more likeable to people. I'm not going to lie, I hate the character, but her story of an abusive relationship is actually a good one.

3.) People really like idiotic, childish and stupid character that make jokes that are intended for 5 year olds. See Deadpool, Spider-Man...

Quinn is the perfect storm of all these things that sell really well. Batman, Joker and lame jokes.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ariesxmasters

@superguy1591: #1 was funny lol. Alfred getting a book? I'll really have seen it all haha. You are half right Batman related characters do get a lot of love and support. I think it is because it is a little more of a realistic environment. These regular human with no powers and just expert fighting skills and weapons. Versus Superman or Aquaman complete fantasy land. #3 Is funny but sadly kind of true I don't know if it is the case for Harley though.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr: Yeah she defiantly is different now with Mister J. She is more of human like character and not some physopath. I like to see she is developing into her own character more.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

The Arkham games helped a lot.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, has anyone read the new Quinn series? Is it any good?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I have. There interesting I will say. It's how harley quinn would be without the joker. It starts off a little slow but later it picks up and a lot of it is Harley trying to find out who put a bounty on here head.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Sounds pretty interesting! I'm going to check out that, JL3000, and Superman unchained

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ariesxmasters
    No Caption Provided

@eyedcyou Justice League 3000 i'd stay away from. Superman unchained is alright, I love the artwork though. Story wise superman is dealing with General lane (Lois Lane father) and a guy who fights for him called wraith(Shown in the picture). Who wont listen to superman who just wants to talk.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: I am kind of curious about alfred past too. That would make for a interesting book. Alot of people hate on batman because he has such a big fandom.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: I am kind of curious about alfred past too. That would make for a interesting book. Alot of people hate on batman because he has such a big fandom.

Yeah, stuff like Dark Knight and Earth One give tidbits and hints at his past that are always interesting, but never fleshed out.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: That would a be good idea. I am kind of curios of how he got his place in the wayne family.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Her series is a lot newer than a lot of the New 52 comics. Her #9 sold 71,522, but Action Comics #9 sold 88,796, and Superman #9 sold 62,232 back when they came out.

All series' lose sales over time, so she'll drop down eventually. I don't think she's strictly outdoing Superman, but it is kind of surprising how well she's doing. I read the first couple of issues and didn't like it. I hear mixed reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Becoming?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: She is starting off real well I think. I hear more good then bad reviews on her. I think superman is started get played out and stale, he cool and all but they're not doing much with him.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Yeah she was looked at more of just a show and go as the jokers girlfriend. They didn't think nothing more of her beside that. She has really grown as a character and developed.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Well, Harley has always been lovably adorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Yeah looks wise, like every other character lol. She is starting to appeal more as a character.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: I don't think so. Her old comic would have not have sold no where near this much on her best day. I don't think her old comic (the one in 2004) would get anywhere near as much of a push as the new one has. Like I said she is out selling superman and keeping a spot in the top 15 consistently that's saying something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@superguy1591: i'd like to see an Alfred comic book. It could be cool actually...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: In all fairness, and as a fan I hate to admit it, but to outsell Superman in this day and age doesn't seem all that difficult. Another guy stated that as a Batman character, she already has an edge and she's got that whole adorable thing going for her.

Plus, she's got a bit more darkness going for her than Superman, which people love. Harley outselling Superman is a bit surprising, but somewhat understandable.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think she's going to be in the Suicide Squad movie.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Something is obviously wrong if Saga is only in the 20's.

Sticking to the subject- I like Harley Quinn. She deserves the popularity.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I don't know. I do know this though all these comic book to movie super hero movie are pretty bad. So I hope a movie like that never comes to be.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ariesxmasters

@scouterv:At first I couldn't stand Superman then I said "you know what F*ck it, shoot the jay I'm going to give it a try anyway even though I can't stand this guy" Ever since then my feeling have changed toward Superman some I think he is alright. I like Batman more but Superman is not so bad lmao. Like you and that other guy stated though, it also seems like anyone Batman related gets a reputation, just for being related to the Dark knight.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well Jimmy Olsen in silver age has his own comics series. Now Harley Quinn is the new Jimmy Olsen

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:At first I couldn't stand Superman then I said "you know what F*ck it, shoot the jay I'm going to give it a try anyway even though I can't stand this guy" Ever since then my feeling have changed toward Superman some I think he is alright. I like Batman more but Superman is not so bad lmao. Like you and that other guy stated though, it also seems like anyone Batman related gets a reputation, just for being related to the Dark knight.

Personally, I'm more a Superman fan, and I like the idea of Batman, but I don't like Bruce. It's odd. I love the entire mythos, except for most of the main characters. Not really a fan of Grayson, Bruce, or Joker, yet Tim, Drake, Jason, Cassandra, Barbara, Terry (my preferred Batman,) are all awesome characters to me.

I think part of it is that I've just seen a lot more Batman than I have these other characters in general, and a lot of the aspects of the mythos like the Court of Owls are really cool, and I don't mind that a lot of people like him. He's not a bad character. Just not really my cup of coffee.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Ohh I didn't really like the batman beyond (Terry). I felt like Bruce Wayne was perfect from his dark past to his overall story of how he became batman to begin with. I like a lot of side characters myself though. I though Superman was a little to "Super". I see this guy who almost nothing hurts him and he was just overall I thought just to ridiculous as a character, I was like "Who would make someone like that? Why not just make a Guy called "Unstoppable" and his power is he is god and can do anything, anyway,anyhow." Then after reading his New52 stuff I see they toned him down and nerfed him dramatically. I actually found myself a lot of times saying "Fight back Superman c'mon", and Superman as a person I found he was not as much of a douche as I thought.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Just goes to show that people prefer a one-dimensional, uninteresting Goth-wannabe whore to a complex, tragic and likable anti-villain. This new Harley Quinn is just as bad as Slott's Black Cat and Silk, and that's pretty damn bad.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is she popular?

1. She is a Batman-related character.

2. She is a Joker-related character.

3. She is anti-hero (now, actually, more like villainess) – antiheroes and bad boys/girls are fetish of current generation;

4. She is a boldly dressed insane and physically attractive young woman – another current fetish.

cprops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I am personally not a huge fan of the current run, but I have loved the previous works of Palmiotti and Conner, so I am glad to see their success. It's a little too 'Deadpool-y meta,' instead of psychotic. But, I get a new cover from Amanda Conner every month which is always nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.