Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Green Lantern pre Geooff Johns era

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

Can someone please recommend a really good Green Lantern TP from the pre Geoff Johns era. I've only ever read stuff from Geoff Johns onwards

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mogo1

@Bezza: the only one I own before GJ is Emerald Twilight/new Dawn. It covers the fall of hal and the rise of Kyle. It's fantastic

good luck finding it cheap though. I bought mine a while ago

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I recommend the Alan Moore stories, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, DC The New frontier and I have heard good things about Emerald Dawn and Circle of Fire.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@squalleon: this. Tales Of The Green Lantern Corp, Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will &Testament Of Hal Jordan and Green Lantern/Flash: The Brave &The Bold are also good stories

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm a fan of Kyle Rayner and some of his stories as GL are good.

Green Lantern: Circle of Fire and Green Lantern: New Journey, Old Path

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

I recommend the Alan Moore stories, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, DC The New frontier and I have heard good things about Emerald Dawn and Circle of Fire.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Thanks and yep you're right. There are hardly any copies for sale and the ones for sale are silly money...!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@bezza said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@squalleon said:

Thanks and yep you're right. There are hardly any copies for sale and the ones for sale are silly money...!

The stories from Alan Moore are collected in the the very cheap collection called DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I just bought the alan moore original floppies. Just got this past week Tales of the green lantern corps annual 2&3 and waiting for GR 188 Mogo doesnt socialize to arruve

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: @mogo1: The individual issues collected in Emerald Twilight and New Dawn are also available digitally on Comixology. That's how I ended up having to read it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@mogo1: for Tales Of The Green Lantern Corps, I would recommend the original miniseries which is collected in a trade paperback

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.