Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Green Lantern Plot Revealed

goodmoviesbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The following spoilers are supposed to be what will be included in Green Lantern 2:

• Most of the film is set in space.

• At the start of the film, Hal Jordan and Sinestro are paired to stop an intergalactic serial killer, Arkillo, who Sinestro later frees to join his Corps and restore order to the universe.

• Sinestro’s decision to leave the Corps is mainly due to his distrust of the Guardians and the fact he feels that the universe laughs at the Green Lanterns. Sinestro feels that a new Corps should replace them.

• Sinestro visits Warworld to recruit members to his new Corps.

• Sinestro frees Amon Sur and recruits him to his new Corps.

• There is a reference to Amon Sur’s previous attempt to destroy the Corps, which happened in Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters.

• Carol Ferris is kidnapped by Sinestro to draw Hal Jordan to him.

• Jordan requests that the Guardians deploy the entire Corps to Korugar to rescue Carol and defeat Sinestro’s Corps, but they deny his request. He subsequently makes a plea to the Corps via transmission of his ring. Several hundred respond and encounter Sinestro’s fledging Corps in a battle above Korugar.

• Hal, Kilowog and Tomar-Re use the large battle taking place above Korugar as a distraction to sneak to the surface of the planet to rescue Carol. There, they are confronted by Sinestro, Arkillo and Amon Sur. Hal and Sinestro evenly match each other, while Kilowog defeats Arkillo, and Tomar-Re defeats Amon Sur before they rescue Carol.

• The battle between the two Corps ends with the Sinestro Corps retreating due to the majority having little experience with the ring.

• There is a foreshadowing to the third film with a discussion by the Guardians mentioning that a “War of Light” is coming.

• Ryan Reynolds, Mark Strong, Blake Lively, Geoffrey Rush are all contracted to return for the sequel.

• Kevin Michael Richardson is expected to replace Michael Clarke Duncan as the voice of Kilowog. Update: Richardson previously voiced Kilowog in Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters video game and is the best guess to replace Michael Clarke Duncan, “sounds very likely.”

Source: http://goodmoviesbadmovies.com

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC and Warner Bros. definitely should've waited until after MoS and put Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan's team on the first film. I don't think it can be stylistcaly redeemed.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StrangeMan

Sounds good, the main problem with the first movie was the horrid script and the villains, if they would've fixed those problems, the movie would've been just fine, that's why I always supported the idea of a sequel, by now they've realized the problems that the first one had, hell, I believe some people involved with it even responded to them, so it's obvious that the first thing to do on the sequel would be to fix said problems. And the reputation that the first one had is no problem, just do what The Incredible Hulk did and pretend the first one never happened, people aren't THAT stupid, if they see that the trailer for this new movie is scarcely similar to the first one they would realize that they're in for a pretty different film, so yeah, do it if they will. Or take your chances with a reboot, I don't really care.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RedLantern23

I'll believe it when I see it.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why?

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DigbyKong

Ugh. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively again. -_-

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

glad Hal gets another chance. i hope they do better this time around. of course this could all be a red herring....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

glad Hal gets another chance. i hope they do better this time around. of course this could all be a red herring....

This

Ugh. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively again. -_-

but this

I'll believe it when I see it.

honestly this.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is this confirmed or fan fiction?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Ryan Renolds." WTF did you just say?

THE NERVE. THE NEEEEEEEERVE. I think Renolds is a good actor.. if he stays inside what he can do. He shouldn't be Hal. Damn it.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is old news.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By batmannflash

I hope ithis is true. I believe with a better script Green Lantern 2 could do well. As people above said, I think they could learn from their mistakes and go all in because Man of Steel did well.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

This is fanfic.

He's just advertising for his website, check out his name and then the link he put at the bottom of his post.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Neat fanfic there buddy.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not a bad script if it's real or even close to the real plot of the second GL movie. The only way we can respect the GL movies is if GL 2 is a hit. By GL 3 it will be too late for redemption!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Fingers cross for a smash hit

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lilben42

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.