Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

GL ANIMATED SERIES producer comic

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

@darknightspideyfanboy: I saw this earlier today. It was funny with the style of the art and when they had more boys than girls 9as thought they didn't want the women's perspective of the show lol). Those mods said that the kids were confused because they didn't understood what the show was about and how the structure of GL worked. So if they felt that kids weren't interested into something their not going to watch on a certain time slot then it's the Top Bosses job to cancel it and have someone else come up with a show that kids are into these days. That's why you see most cartoon shows doing the same slap stick comedy and gimmicks over and over again because that get the kids interested and guarantees the companies for money.

I like the part at the end when the panels went into color on Bruce Timm and stated that he stuck to his guns when he did BTAS and is now considered still to this day the greatest animated series of all time. It's not something he did just for the sake of marketing a character and making a name for himself, he did it because he was passionate about an iconic character so strongly that he and several great talented people that worked on the show seriously and made it in a way that no other cartoon show at that time could never ever attempt on doing. They experimented on things like having their paper black so they can have a black background, came up with some great idea's and concepts that it became it's own universe itself, and better executions after they were told by the higher up's that they couldn't do this or that scene because it was inappropriate for the show, and even with the fourth season being a hit or miss for fans -- they still came on top regardless. That's way I respect guys like Bruce Timm and the people that worked on BTAS or anyone else on their series because they're the ones that are making the show into what it is and telling a great story and interesting characters that fans -- weather male or female -- can care about. All these companies and marketers these day's care about is making more money.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By 2cool4fun

This makes me sad...but I also really liked that comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.