Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Gimme Green Lantern stories

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello friends. I would like for you guys to suggest me cool preferably from New 52 era Lantern stories. I have heard they weren't rebooted, but let's just say from the years of New 52 then.

I read some Court of Owls and Night of Owls after I saw the animated movie Batman vs Robin and the Detective Comics was meh as it has always been, never really liked it.

But I have seen some interesting scans from Green Lanterns in the Battle forum so lay it on me guys.

I am very interested in Kyle Rayner as the white lantern.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you could try but if you haven't read any Green Lanter prior to new 52 than most of the time you'll be scratching your head. Read Red Lanterns from 21- onwards or read beginning arcs of New Guardians. This is where kyle transforms into the White Lantern.

Again i say this, You'll probably not understand Green Lantern right away. Do some background research on wikis about it from Green Lanten : Rebirth onwards to war of the lanterns just to understand new 52 first arcs of lantern books. Imo if you really want to love GL, start picking up trades and omnibuses from GL: Rebirth. It's worth it if you like GL.

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much start with Geoff Johns run, its all really good. Rebirth, Secret Origin, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, then the N52 stuff.

Thats where I started and now I love the character. Johns really wrote Hal well.

Avatar image for therealdarkknight
    therealdarkknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You shouldn't be too confused although it wasn't rebooted just know sinestro is back as a GL. I love kyle too but you gotta start with him as a GL and then go into him becoming a white lantern. I love GL new guardians cause it has a member of each lantern corps along with kyle so definitely pick that up!

Zach_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: War of the Green Lanterns is a cool story. Especially if you like the other corps. All 4 of the main Human Lanterns share the spotlight and each choose and wear non-green rings for almost the entirety. It's pre-New 52, but it's one of my favorite stories and I could not recommend it enough.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you guys, I will take a look at all these stories. I have seen couple of videos on YT about GLs, you know how all the comic book YTs have gone through the roof since all the Comic Book TV shows and movies are hitting hard. Most GL videos have said that New 52 shouldn't be too confusing even if you haven't read any before.

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some have already touched on it, that being reading stuff before the new 52, and I think that's partially true. While it can be fairly easy to just start there as a jumping on point since they weren't really rebooted in a way, there are references and other things that can be a tad confusing but not to bad. Nice to see interest in Kyle, he's always been my favorite lantern and I liked new guardians and recommend it. If you were willing to go past the new 52 there is quite a few things I personally have always enjoyed such as his first run as Ion when we was kinda overpowered. The Power of Ion series was good to me as well. The pre new 52 stuff as well such as his time in GL Corps and the things with Blackest Night and War of the GLs. Although I never got into It like I should have, I always heard Morrison's initial JLA run was good and Kyle was in that. There a lot, but just new 52 wise with him it is pretty much New Guardians.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko: Green Lantern is one of New 52's best titles, and while it has a lot of prior history to before the New 52, it won't be an issue.

I read this myself without knowing anything besides who the main characters are, and had no problems. I also didn't even like Hal Jordan until that point, but he's written so well as a character that you can't help but love him. And I won't get started on Sinestro - but honestly, he's such a brilliant character, one of DC Comics' finest villains, and for a reason.

Red Lanterns is a solid title, having read the first two volumes I do recommend it - however, many would say to begin with Vol 4 as that's where things get really good. You may have to ask someone's advice on that, I'm not sure if the first 3 volumes are necessary reading for there on.

Hope this helped!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.