Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

General Thoughts on Forever Evil

enygma2126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By enygma2126

Although Forever Evil is yesterday's comics now, I finished it last night and I think it was an enjoyable arc but has a lot of troubled points.

The main story is good enough to follow till the end. Dialogues are great and characterizations of the Crime Syndicate are delicious. However there are some serious issues on the story. Especially on its finale. We see that Ultraman and his partners are invincible, undestructible and cruel and we think that they can't be defeated by fist to fist. When you think that Lex Luthor is the protagonist of the story, you assume that he will defeat them by using his brain. All in all, he tried to stop Superman by his mind and intelligence for years. However at the end, we confront MAZAHS who is definitely a deus ex machina for the series. The only time we see Luthor's mind games and plans is when he imitated MAZAHS voice. Until then MAZAHS did the all job which nobody can do for the first 6 issues. Frankly, it was an interesting story up until the 7th issue but the end of the arc is a bit of forced.

Secondly, this is a DC Comics event, and we deserve to see the Justice League or at least one of them. In all story, we only see how the Crime Syndicate killed people for no reason. What is the point of publishing dozens of tie-ins if you don't use them to tell the back story or sub plots? We didn't learn what happened to the Justice League when they were inside Firestorm. I mean what is it like to be inside Firestorm?!

Another bad thing is the tie-in series. Forever Evil was 70 issues including the tie-ins. Well, it is good that the main story tells everything you need know so that you don't have to read all of the other 63 issues but as a reader I want that the tie-ins tell us different stories of the world created for this event. However most of them are really unnecessary and doesn't worth to read.

So aren't there any good points of Forever Evil? Of course, there are. I may say that the tie-in series are bad but Rogues Rebellion and Arkham War are definitely the best sides of this event. Specifically Rogues Rebellion is now my favorite Flash stories even though it doesn't include Flash! Moreover, Forever Evil was a great Lex Luthor story. In fact, if I need to make a list of the best Lex Luthor stories, Forever Evil would be one of the top stories on that list.

To sum up, Forever Evil is a good series in point of Lex Luthor but as a whole it is action packed but has a bunch of plot mistakes and unnecessary tie-ins.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loved lex luthir n buzzaro in it. Also the crime syndicate vs injustice league was pretty badass. But the only gud tie ins was jl n flash rogues rebellion. All in all nothing special but quite enjoyable character exploration of luthor

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By deathstroke52

I loved it a lot. They did justice to Lex Luthor, featured the Crime Syndicate, had some really great battles, and even some funny dialogue.

Though 70 issues is a lot.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I agree, I think that Forever Evil was a great read, I liked the Luthor/Bizzaro relationship

didn't read any of the tie ins, i usually just read the main event

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.