Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Forever Evil

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Al_capOWN

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!! Brilliant, every issue gets better and better. Loving this arc, but currently only reading the JL run and forever evil run. Anyone else reading the other tie ins? Are they worth reading, do they add much to the current arc? I was thinking of buying JLD and arkham war.

Thoughts?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you buy JLD then you also have to buy Constantine, Pandora, and Phantom Stranger as they're all in a cross over event until March.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I dropped for money reasons, but I can't wait for a certain someone to upload it on a certain website.

Yes, I know, I am a bad boy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

JLD is part of FE but a story all of its own. Its very good but like @arturocalakayvee said you have to get the other Dark books for it to make sense.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Ill have to wait for the TBP, adding 3 more monthly pulls to my pull list will be costly.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!! Brilliant, every issue gets better and better. Loving this arc, but currently only reading the JL run and forever evil run. Anyone else reading the other tie ins? Are they worth reading, do they add much to the current arc? I was thinking of buying JLD and arkham war.

Thoughts?

I'm loving it also! Then again, I love everything DC puts out. But anyways yeah this event has been an amazing one in my opinion.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying the FE Blight crossover between JLD, Constantine, ToS Phantom Stranger, and ToS Pandora. However, it's really sort of it's own little corner of Forever Evil that has nothing to do with the main story. The mains story is really good. The Justice League and JLA tie-ins really aren't that great. Arkham War really isn't all that great either in my opinion. I think I think that mostly because it doesn't have much to do with the main series, yet like I said the Blight crossover is the same, but that I'm really enjoying. The ARGUS and Rogues' Rebellion tie-ins are better than Arkham War in my opinion, yet still not nearly as good as the main series.

Eric8a92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eric8a92

I read Rogues Rebellion, JLA, Trinity of Sin, Phantom Stranger, and Arkham War.

Rogues Rebellion, as well as Arkham War I've loved since the beginning. Arkham War is better though. I didn't think I would like Rogues Rebellion as much as I do, but it's brilliant.

This week's issue of JLA was better than the two previous ones I believe, it's up and down with this one.

Trinity of Sin and Phantom Stranger were boring me up until last week. Like JLA, it's up down, started great, died down in the middle, but the hype's gone back up.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ColaNicole

I'm loving it, too. I'm really hoping Superman gets some face time, possibly against ultraman seeing as he won't be in the follow up JL arc.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By 2cool4fun

@allstarsuperman said:

I dropped for money reasons, but I can't wait for a certain someone to upload it on a certain website.

Yes, I know, I am a bad boy.

I'd appreciate it, if you'd stop bringing that up.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By 2cool4fun

Looks like Ill have to wait for the TBP, adding 3 more monthly pulls to my pull list will be costly.

Pretty much me right now.

@arturocalakayvee:

Yeah that's a huge bummer, but on the up side, the story progresses 4 times faster. Though for me it's kind of not a problem as I already buy the whole magical part of DC ( which has sadly dropped to 6 comics and will drop to 4 comics in April ;~; )

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am loving forever evil. Its really amazing and unique, and I love the effect its having on the justice league and all the villians. The justice league dying things turned out to be a great concept

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bogey

Really loving the Blight arc just to check out more Nightmare Nurse.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Reading Blight, but mostly because I happen to read the books anyways. While the story is decent, it's not what I personally wanted to see in the Dark-line and I think it will end with the cancellation of most of them.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@allstarsuperman: ...I think I may need that link. Mine got taken down a few days ago..

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By timelord

Loving it Rouges Rebellion has cemented the Rouges as my favourite villains team and I hope they get there own ongoing after Forever: Evil.

JLA has also been great I'm glad Stargirl is getting some more screen time my only problem is Batman was brought back far to quickly

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

It's paced way, way to slowly.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this may seem a little silly, but I didn't like it from the beginning because it really doesn't build the suspence.

First of all, we know the JL isn't dead in the first issue. Come on, this is superhero comic books we're talking about. One or two of them may be temporarily dead, but they will be brought back soon. So when Batman goes all dark and says "Everybody died" I just go "yeah, right".

Second, if they are able to defeat the league immediately, why NOT actually kill them? James Bondery, I think.

Third, we're in 2013. Stop having Superman move the Moon. I get this is Sci-fi, but the good thing about it is that you can invent any kind of futuristic science and the reader will accept it. Instead moving the Moon is silly, it's something that, in our day and age, a child know it can't be done. Everybody knows that moving the Moon would have disastrous consequences on the world. Also, if you stop it, the Moon will get sucked by our gravity.
    I know, I know, you might say that most of comic book science doesn't make sense, and I get what you're saying, but I think that when employing sci-fi devices one should avoid first grade science. Like we can accept that an alien has a weird phisiology: we don't know that alien in real life. But moving the Moon by hand is something that leaves nothing to unkown science. We know what it would mean and what it would cause.
    Point is, I think it was lazy of the author. He could have had Ultraman obscure the Sun in many other pseudo-scientific ways.

Ok, rant over, I know it doesn't make much sense but if we don't unreasonably rave in here, what the hell.

Also, beside the Moon thing, I'm not liking the story very much.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read it and I have no idea what's going on.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By righteous300

@matteopg said:

I know this may seem a little silly, but I didn't like it from the beginning because it really doesn't build the suspence.

First of all, we know the JL isn't dead in the first issue. Come on, this is superhero comic books we're talking about. One or two of them may be temporarily dead, but they will be brought back soon. So when Batman goes all dark and says "Everybody died" I just go "yeah, right".

Second, if they are able to defeat the league immediately, why NOT actually kill them? James Bondery, I think.

Third, we're in 2013. Stop having Superman move the Moon. I get this is Sci-fi, but the good thing about it is that you can invent any kind of futuristic science and the reader will accept it. Instead moving the Moon is silly, it's something that, in our day and age, a child know it can't be done. Everybody knows that moving the Moon would have disastrous consequences on the world. Also, if you stop it, the Moon will get sucked by our gravity.

I know, I know, you might say that most of comic book science doesn't make sense, and I get what you're saying, but I think that when employing sci-fi devices one should avoid first grade science. Like we can accept that an alien has a weird phisiology: we don't know that alien in real life. But moving the Moon by hand is something that leaves nothing to unkown science. We know what it would mean and what it would cause.

Point is, I think it was lazy of the author. He could have had Ultraman obscure the Sun in many other pseudo-scientific ways.

Ok, rant over, I know it doesn't make much sense but if we don't unreasonably rave in here, what the hell.

Also, beside the Moon thing, I'm not liking the story very much.

There's always that one guy...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: Umm, they do mention the consequences of Ultraman moving the moon.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MatteoPG

@mrtummytumms: you're right, there is. I know it's just my opinion, sometimes the Were-geek (a terrible creatures that skulks around in the soul of every comic book reader) lashes out. I woke up today in a pool of my sweat, still ranting in my sleep.

Now I'm back to normal :)

@smashbrawler: ouch, completely my bad. What were they? Maybe I missed something, I didn't read the last issues as carefully as I should have.

FYI, as I said above, I'm back to normal now, so we can speak like actual people :)

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hate the fact that batman villains jobbed [Ivy/Clay] to make Bane look good

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gettogaara

Only reading the main title along with JL & JLA. Honestly it's been somewhat underwhelming so far for me but still better than Trinity War.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.