First Screenshot of Joker & Green Lantern in 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 78 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36469 posts) - - Show Bio

Earlier today we had a glimpse of Joker and Green Lantern on the cover for the game... but now we have a first look at how they'll appear in game thanks to Ed Boon, the Creative Director at NetherRealms.  Joker's primary costume seems to stay close to his stereotypical image, decorated with an acid flower and appropriately bright signature colors.  Meanwhile, Hal's costume has made quite a few changes to the design and texture.

Never bring a gun to a power ring fight.     
These two were pretty obvious choices from the get-go, but are you happy with how they look?  Also, if they can each only have 1 alternate costume, what would you want it to be and why?  Hopefully we'll have a trailer of the characters in action sooner rather than later! 

'Injustice: Gods Among Us' comes out April 2013.  Expect us to have more news on the game as we head to New York Comic-Con this week! 
Staff
#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6336 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait to buy the collectors edition of this

#2 Posted by EscGamer (113 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhh lantern is ok as for an alternate costume I think Jokers look from killing joke would be awesome. You know the outfit he had on when shot barbara and paralyzed her

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I wannna see Shazam,black Adam, and Eclipso

#4 Posted by ccraft (5077 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!

#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

...What's with Hal's pose???

#6 Posted by Kyjeremiah (22 posts) - - Show Bio

good character that could be in this; Jason Todd as the red hood, cassandra cain, swamp thing, steel, supergirl, huntress, guy gardner, phantom stranger.

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

If GL gets one alternative costume I hope to hell it's Kyle Rayner. Also I don't like this Hal design as much as I liked the one in Mortal Kombat vs DCUniverse

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

He's about to shoot his brains out :P

#9 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Blah, Hal looks horrible

#10 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

You're always welcome at Arkham, Batsy... if the asylum get to be too much for you!

#11 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

joker nose

#12 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@SandMan_ said:

"Joker Put the gun down or I'll blow my brains out!" -Hal Jordan

#13 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever is designing new costumes for DC's characters has a real obsession with having stuff highlight their crotch.

#14 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool25mm said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@SandMan_ said:

LMAO
#15 Posted by SmashBrawler (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool25mm said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@SandMan_ said:

Hey, maybe Joker has a new suit and he really doesn't blood stains in it, even though he shot Hal anyway? Makes sense to me!

#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8306 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool25mm said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@SandMan_ said:

I was going to say something, but this comment just totally hijacked my train of thought.

#17 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? White gloves?

#18 Posted by jwalser3 (4802 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Joker, Lantern looks...meh.

#19 Posted by Fetts (4421 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker looks great. Green Lantern could be better though.

#20 Posted by LifePool (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker looks great, Hal needs to be completely redone, not every character works for this 'steampunk armor-esque' look.

#21 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH, Hal Jordan looks like he has a raging boner for the Joker.

#22 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Alternate Costume:

For Hal: Kyle Rayner as a Blue Lantern

For Joker: A Red Hood Costume, with the Long Tube Helmut lol

#23 Posted by Readingliberally (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang,show some love to John Stewart or Guy Gardner.Hal was the green lantern in the last game.Im dissapointed.I like Hal Jordan,but c'mon man!!

#24 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4926 posts) - - Show Bio

GL looks terrible.

#25 Posted by Readingliberally (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: uhm,thats supposed to be the color of his gloves actually.Hate the design,but the color of his gloves are the least of it's problems.

#26 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker looks great. I don't like Hal's design.

#27 Posted by SaintWalker (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not a typical 'fighter' gamer, but this game I definitely will purchase

#28 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

lookingforward to this...

#29 Posted by chrisw86 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

joker looks like he has penguins nose.

#30 Posted by RoninAutomaton (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Love all the suggestions/hopes for additional characters and/or costume swaps, but I have $20 down that the next one will be Darkseid. $50 that he’s the end level boss.

#31 Edited by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoninAutomaton: can I get in on that action? because you are going to be wrong on both accounts brother.

Also to alleviate some all the hate against GL's costume I see in this forum, I think GL looks badass, I'm not generally a GL fan either. the white gloves are weird but that's what GL has traditionally worn I guess. I like that a lot of flying heroes by default hover in this game instead of just stand there.

#32 Posted by csl316 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a sinister-ass Joker.

#33 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

What the eternal burning hell? On the cut scene and the cover art Joker did not have that God awful Jim Lee inspired goblin/ witch nose.

I hate you Jim Lee. You tried to put that nose on him in DCU online and they fixed it.Now they have it in this other wise awesome game. I can over look it but its a stupid ass decision. Who things that's a good idea? You know how many people these designs have to go through? Did no one say "Hey, wait, this looks like crap. Let's NOT make it look like crap. Just an idea."

Maybe they aren't done and this isn't the final design. Maybe negative feedback of early pre release images will call for a redesign.Unlikely but not impossible.

So here is some negative feedback of this early pre release image.

Shorten The Joker's nose, he is not an anime character nor The Penguin.

#34 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Joker's look, but the vibe I'm getting from Hal is the same vibe I had from the movie. Not that they look the same, but the feeling of "meh" pervades in my mind from it.

#35 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12591 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal looks good for the most part but the costume has two big flaws. The green crotch (draws way to much attention to that area and make the suit look like his silver age unitard) and the big line running down the suit. It looks godd circling his badge/logo though. His nose is a bit too long though.

#36 Posted by VaizD (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheJokerha said:

What the eternal burning hell? On the cut scene and the cover art Joker did not have that God awful Jim Lee inspired goblin/ witch nose.

I hate you Jim Lee. You tried to put that nose on him in DCU online and they fixed it.Now they have it in this other wise awesome game. I can over look it but its a stupid ass decision. Who things that's a good idea? You know how many people these designs have to go through? Did no one say "Hey, wait, this looks like crap. Let's NOT make it look like crap. Just an idea."

Maybe they aren't done and this isn't the final design. Maybe negative feedback of early pre release images will call for a redesign.Unlikely but not impossible.

So here is some negative feedback of this early pre release image.

Shorten The Joker's nose, he is not an anime character nor The Penguin.

The bit of light on his collar makes his nose appear to have that design, but it is in fact a relatively average nose. Save your hellfire and fury.

#37 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheJokerha: that isn't his nose. try enlarging it, it's just the light hitting the collar of his suit that lines up with his nose, it's too low-rez to tell from that image though.

#38 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hal's design.

#39 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@VaizD: @LaserLambert: Thanks guys! I downloaded the picture and took a better look after I saw your posts. I guess I keep expecting something to go wrong. But he does look great! Thanks for corrected perspective.

#40 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, now we got the obvious characters out of the way. BRING OUT THE UNEXPECTED!

#41 Posted by Green Lantern 2814.5 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh I wanna see the red hood as an alternate costume! Then for Hal, idk, maybe another earth gl? Or maybe another corps costume? like Sinestro corps or something idk

#42 Posted by BlueLanternBeast (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern looks beast

#43 Edited by Mistah_B (40 posts) - - Show Bio

both look fine, completely expected Hal Jordan and Hal Jordan totally looks how I expected. hope they got Atrocitus included

#44 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, Hal. Zatanna called and wants her fishnets back.

As for Alts (Besides their traditional look):

• Batman: Batman of Zur-En-Ahhr.
  • Superman: Bizzaro Swap.
  • Wonder Woman: Jim Lee's Wonder Woman: Odyssey design.
  • Flash: Jay Garrick or Kid Flash Swap.
  • Green Lantern: Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, or John Stewart Swap.
  • Nightwing: Dick Grayson Robin costume (Young Justice design).
  • Catwoman: Tim Burton design.
  • Joker: Batman R. I. P. Joker.
  • Harley Quinn: Really...just put her in her original outfit already, wouldja? Please...I wouldn't ask for anything more...
  • Green Arrow: Connor Hawke costume.
  • Cyborg: Cyberion costume.
  • Solomon Grundy: More decayed version?

P. S. For those who think Joker has a crazy Jim Lee/witch nose, take a second look (I had to.) The lighting on the collar of his jacket makes his nose appear longer than it really is.

#45 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@EscGamer said:

ehhh lantern is ok as for an alternate costume I think Jokers look from killing joke would be awesome. You know the outfit he had on when shot barbara and paralyzed her

That look is so horrible it circles back to awesome!

#46 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's official that Arkham Asylum is now a map in the game.

#47 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

i love you hal jordan.

#48 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an idea of how Joker will work. Just like in Mortal Kombat vs DC only with less restraint.

#49 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, I don't really see how the Joker is going to harm anyone else and yet make it believable (yes, I actually said that about a video game) or keep up with them. He's a human being fighting amongst "gods". Also, Hal's costume looks a little off. I think it would be cool to see him with another ring and costume.

Keep up the good work. :]

#50 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's pecs are glowing..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.