Firestorm (Jason Rusch) and Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)...

#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Are starting to become very popular on this site, based on the battle threads they have been mentioned in. And, they haven't even been around that long. Anyone else agree?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

They've both been around a long time but their current incarnations haven't been. Truth though, I like the characters they are now more than the old stuff, granted, I haven't had as much exposure to their older stuff as I do the current stuff. Both of them are just good characters with great personalities that get shown both in and out of costume, that's why I like them.

#3 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about firestorm. But bb definatly. He is big step up for the blue beetle name.

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt like the old jokey blue beetle or the old firestorm. blue beetle got fat at one point and couldnt fit into his costume... and firestorm just didnt do it for me. they're both cool now.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetles definitely getting a lot more attention now, and i get the feeling he's going to get a lot more attention next year when he's brought more into mainstream adventures...

Firestorms always been a favorite of mine, ever since he teamed up with Kyle Rayner to take care of the professor when he was a Firegod living in the sun of a distant planet :D

M

#6 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Blue Beetles definitely getting a lot more attention now, and i get the feeling he's going to get a lot more attention next year when he's brought more into mainstream adventures... Firestorms always been a favorite of mine, ever since he teamed up with Kyle Rayner to take care of the professor when he was a Firegod living in the sun of a distant planet :D M"

I hear that he is going to take super girl place on the teen titans.

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i have a definite feeling Blue Beetle is going to be showing up a lot in the second part of the Corps War...

M

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Firestorm is joining the JLA (he lost his book and then Batman drafted him in the latest JLA) and that could be cool, but I like BB on his own more than I do when he's with the Teen Titans. Guest appearances are cool, but I like the characters in his book.

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

the nest major stuff is due out on the 12th...

then we have...

Green Lantern #25

Green Lantern Corps #19

Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Ion

all out on the same day lol

GL #25 is an doublesized issue with a lot of stuff coming to a finale... should be damn good :D

M
Post Edited:2007-12-08 19:36:17

#10 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i have a definite feeling Blue Beetle is going to be showing up a lot in the second part of the Corps War... M"

Did any new issues of the corps war come out?

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it's going to be a big day for the GLC lol

M

#12 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll put that stuff on my list thanks.

#13 Posted by Golem (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Blue Beetle on the Teen Titans seems like a great choice. He has awesome chemistry with every member, especially Ravager. I hope something brews there. ;)

#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that both of them have raised hero names that weren't respected

altough I have a feeling that old BB will come back

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Golem says:

"Yeah, Blue Beetle on the Teen Titans seems like a great choice. He has awesome chemistry with every member, especially Ravager. I hope something brews there. ;)"

You really think so? I like his interactions in his own book so much more than the stuff with the Titans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.