Entropy Armor = Batman beats anyone?

#1 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so I don't know much about the Entropy Armor and can't find info about it anywhere. But my friend is convince Batman can beat anyone, and I mean anyone, with prep time. I asked him how he would be Beyonder and he said he would get this Armor. I don't know much about it but could he win with this Armor or is Beyonder jus way to powerful and says armor doesn't exsit. And if batman can win could he really beat anyone then?

#2 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, my other question is that is the Armor still around or does he even have access to it?

#3 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Hazard says:

"Ok, so I don't know much about the Entropy Armor and can't find infoabout it anywhere. But my friend is convince Batman can beat anyone,and I mean anyone, with prep time. I asked him how he would be Beyonderand he said he would get this Armor. I don't know much about it butcould he win with this Armor or is Beyonder jus way to powerful andsays armor doesn't exsit. And if batman can win could he really beatanyone then?"

Your friend sounds like some of the zealots we have around here. Tell him he's welcome to join.

Anyway, here are certain entities in both Marvel and DC that Batman could never beat regardless of prep time. I don't know anything about this armor, but I have trouble believing that Batman could take out the Beyonder in it.

#4 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

That is where I am at. I don't know anything about it either but it is hard to believe there is some powerful armor like this and they are not using it.

#5 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Entropy Armor the armor that Darkseid made during the whole Imperiex/Our Worlds at War thing? If so, then it was made out of the shell of an Imperiex probe, and then Darkseid did something else to it that made it über-powerful. I may be wrong as my memory on this is faulty.

Even if I'm right, and the armor is as powerful as I remember it being, I don't think he could take Beyonder with it. But what do I know?

#6 Posted by Captain Hazard (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that is the armor I am talking about. But is it really powerful enough to make him take out anybody? And is it still useable or can he even get it?

#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Is the Entropy Armor the armor that Darkseid made during the wholeImperiex/Our Worlds at War thing? If so, then it was made out of theshell of an Imperiex probe, and then Darkseid did something else to itthat made it über-powerful. I may be wrong as my memory on this isfaulty.Even if I'm right, and the armor is as powerful as I remember it being,I don't think he could take Beyonder with it. But what do I know?"

Once again I believe that this friend simply is to batman what some other forum members are to Hulk, Gambit, etc.

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"Is the Entropy Armor the armor that Darkseid made during the whole Imperiex/Our Worlds at War thing? If so, then it was made out of the shell of an Imperiex probe, and then Darkseid did something else to it that made it über-powerful. I may be wrong as my memory on this is faulty. Even if I'm right, and the armor is as powerful as I remember it being, I don't think he could take Beyonder with it. But what do I know?"

Thats exactly what it is. Darkseid put a dying John Iron in the suit and it saved his life but Darkseid still controled it some how, I have no idea what happened to it, but even if Bats had that suit he'd get his ass kicked.

#9 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

No way could he beat beyonder. like nitefly said some entities cannot be beaten.

#10 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

With Batman in Entropy Armor vs Anyone, it's the comic book version of the philosophical question "What happens when an irresistible force (An uber powerful character) meets an immovable object (Batman in Entropy Armor). But since neither is infinite (or shouldn't be), I'd go with the attacker.

I don't know what the Entropy Armor does, but I'm guessing it protects you from just about anything. Sometimes armor can have some offensive capabilities or defensive to offensive capabilities (like the attack bouncing back on the original attacker). Since armor is a defensive thing, unless I'm told otherwise, I'm assuming offensive characteristics of the armor, if any, don't come into play. Add to that the fact Batman isn't that powerful. Sorry the batarang can't affect that one Marvel character that's the size of a moon/planet. Even he made one that big and got it "around the world," then what? Also since Batman isn't that strong, taking the armor off and whacking people upside the head (I can see Superman possibly doing this) isn't really an option. Plus I trust that DC didn't make something super infinitely powerful, for something that powerful leads to poor story lines, poor story lines lead to decreased sales.

As with the defensive to offensive capabilities, many beings are immune to their own attacks. A lava being isn't going to be hurt if the lava he threw bounces back at him.

Now for the other side of the equation, the attacker. There could be powerful beings that could destroy it. One possible person is the one who made it. A being can't create something more powerful than itself, simple law of conservation of energy. Okay, maybe it somehow got more powerful as time went on, but at least its an option. Also since it is somehow connected to entropy, a powerful character of order (order = -(entropy)), like Dr. Fate, maybe could destroy it. Usually opposites cancel each other out. Plus there are ways around the armor. Someone could take the air out of Batman's lungs. Okay, he has a bat-mask, but someone could turn the oxygen into something else (maybe that's what the character Carbon Monoxide can do). Someone could put adamantite walls around Batman and let him starve. Or someone will go to the time before Batman put it on.

Plus there are always the characters that lead to paradoxes and logical contradictions when you kill them, like Death. I'll quickly go over this again. You kill Death. Death dies. Since there is no death, how does Death die?

#11 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Put Batman up against Thanos with the gauntlet (or probably even without it!) and see Batman get his butt handed to him in powder form!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.