Do you think a Justice League movie could be made by 2015?

#1 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

The current story for the Justice League movie is that if Man Of Steel is successful, one will be made by the year 2015. Instead of taking the Marvel approach, they would do the exact opposite, starting with a JL movie and then breaking off into separate films based on the members. Warner has stated that they scrapped the JL script written by Will Beall, news which may make a much better movie but will further delay the film. Do you think Warner could make one by 2015? Do you think that without the separate movies first it could turn out as a bad film?

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be possible to have a JL movie by 2015. For 2015, have a Batman movie, Superman movie and JL movie in the same year.

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

Having a Man of Steel sequel, a Batman movie and a JL movie in the same year would be the best year ever.

#4 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

To have more time, maybe plan the 3 movies for 2016. Batman fights Desaad and Kanto, Superman fights Kalibak and Steppenwolf, then the JL fights Darkseid's elite.

#5 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think as long as a Batman reboot is made before the JL movie, it should turn out fine. I imagine Warner would try to make as many Batman films in between the other DC movies based on his popularity right now. If they are going to reboot the Green Lantern franchise for the JL films, they should do it as soon as possible to set it apart from the 2011 version.

#6 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Said it multiple times now, even if man of steel is a massive success (first superman movie i might actually enjoy) i highly doubt DC is gonna be able to pull off a JL movie. Face it all they got in terms of movies it batman and superman...and a green lantern movie that causes people to inject screwdrivers into their cerebral cortex in an effort to carve out the memory it actually existed.

MMH and flash are characters that would need to be crammed into the JL movie cause theres no way they could have movies of their own, cause i highly doubt other than comicbook readers anyone is gonna watch a movie about a speedster (knew i'd eventually see marvel fight another company for one of their characters...just never thought it would be quicksilver) i dont see people throwing money at a movie about a guy moving very fast. And then theres wonder woman the studio would have to work their ass off to get male viewers into that movie, cause unless she's wearing a string bikini and hacking **** to pieces its gonna be hard to market the movie towards the general audience about a movie about an amazon princess raised on an island of dead victemized women who hate men.

#7 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be easy to make solo movies of Supes, Bats, WW, Flash and Green Lantern.

#8 Posted by RDClip (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to, at least, see a Wonder Woman movie before a JL movie.

#9 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Ant Man movie makes money, dc will probably become bolder in trying out more of their properties in the movies.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course Man of Steel and a Batman movie could be a massive successes. I think if they reboot Green Lantern correctly by making it more serious and an epic sci-fi story than a action-comedy, it could work. A Wonder Woman movie should be a mythological epic, sort of like the parts of Thor that took place on Asgard but with a more intricate storyline. It shouldn't try to aim directly for the male audience: I don't want her just to be the unimportant attractive character. I don't think audiences would buy a Flash or Aquaman movie, so they should introduce them in JL (if they use Aquaman) and Martian Manhunter's introduction should tie into the plot of the film or a sequel.

#12 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have

1- Man of Steel

2-Batman

3-Green Lantern (if they reboot, which they should)

4-Wonder Woman

5-JL

#13 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

A Green Lantern movie can be done like star wars. The green lanterns are like Jedi and they fight the yellow lanterns who are like sith. Maybe let the lanterns learn some kung fu too to make the fights look better. Wonder Woman can be done like the percy jackson movies.

#14 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just do a Superman trilogy. He needs it.

#15 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

I agree. See link to my blog above.

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6957 posts) - - Show Bio

A Green Lantern movie can be done like star wars. The green lanterns are like Jedi and they fight the yellow lanterns who are like sith. Maybe let the lanterns learn some kung fu too to make the fights look better. Wonder Woman can be done like the percy jackson movies.

this is already better than the steaming pile of dung that Ryan Reynolds was in

#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

I saw pretty cool.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

A superman-only trilogy would work really well, but I think Warner is going to try to make as much money as possible after Avengers made over 2,000,000,000. At least they scraped Will Beall's script- it shows that they actually care about the quality of the movie.

#20 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

@moon_bat_87: Your movies need to be made as soon as possible.

#21 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

A cyborg movie can be done like bionic man, plus armor, plus giant guns and other weapons.

#22 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg's backstory could make a really tragic and heartfelt movie, and then he's a giant robotic guy with missiles built into him blowing everything up.

#23 Edited by SaintG (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is done, batman is done you know christian bale it needs no reboot , green lantern is done so I hope it happens

#24 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@moon_bat_87 said:

@sandman_ said:

I saw pretty cool.

Thanks!

@moon_bat_87: Your movies need to be made as soon as possible.

Yeah I wish they could be....

@saintg said:

Superman is done, batman is done you know christian bale it needs no reboot , green lantern is done so I hope it happens

The Nolan films are set in its own universe. That is why Batman needs its own reboot.

#25 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who really wants to see an Aquaman movie???

Anyway I think they should keep Ryan Reynolds as GL. He was the only good thing in the GL movie.. If they wanna add Green Arrow (who would be pretty awesome), Stephen Amell should get the role, he's a great actor IMO. Mila Jovovich can make a really decent WW, as for the rest... I don't really know. Superman would be the one from Man of Steel of course.

#26 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: An Aquaman movie would be awesome and should be made! Also, I'm ok if they use Reynolds again because he wasn't what made that movie bad, it was the script and other various problems.

#27 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: An Aquaman movie would be awesome and should be made! Also, I'm ok if they use Reynolds again because he wasn't what made that movie bad, it was the script and other various problems.

#28 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner brothers maybe is still waiting for the Namor movie to come out before deciding on an Aquaman movie.

#29 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make Aquaman first so if Marvel made a Namor movie it would seem like a ripoff to the general audience.

#30 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: And also because an Aquaman movie has the potential of being goddamned awesome.

#31 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner Brothers is now more cautious bec they lost money on the flop Green Lantern movie. It could be years before we will ever see an Aquaman movie. Even Marvel don't seem to be in a hurry to do a Namor movie. Old tv pilot of Aquaman on cw also failed.

#32 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Now that I think about it, I really, really, really want to see an Aquaman movie right now.

#34 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: I agree that they won't make one anytime soon, but it would be so cool if they did.

#35 Edited by JulieDC (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should do a superman/batman movie first because it has never been done for live action and batman has been made to be so realistic that the general public may find it hard to see batman working alongside people with superpowers.

#36 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliedc: You have a really good point.

#37 Posted by MythiiC (52 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do a Justice League movie before any other JL members, I would want it to be the characters origin to how they got on earth, or how they became heroes - within that movie. I'm not talking about their powers, but how they got their actual identities e.g. The Flash.
It would be believable (to me) that Barry got his powers earlier, but he always helped around by being a blur, someone noone actually saw, up to a certain point which could be an invasion by darkseid. Similar to GL, he could have been off world, with his first public appearance to earth being helping the other heroes.
It'd be pretty cool if Man Of Steel left some seeds for Wonder Woman or Cyborg though, just by featuring Steve Trevor or Star Labs & Dr Stone...

#38 Posted by The Stegman (23770 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible, but they have to work really hard on it, really, really hard.

#39 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we do movies about other heroes that aren't Batman?

Flash is long overdue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.