Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Do you guys want the superman/wonder woman series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you guys want the superman/wonder woman series? (357 votes)

Yes 45%
    No 39%
    Indifference 15%

I've heard many people say they do and many say they don't. So I made this poll to get a better understanding. I honestly don't mind their relationship although i still think Clark should be with Lois and the trinity should not date. But superman and Wonder Woman being together right now doesn't bother me too much really because its looking like it might end in trinity war

Therefore I do not want an ongoing series about their relationship. The batman superman series is good because its action am about their developing friendship but a series about wondys and supes love sounds silly. Why not make a trinity book instead?

Thoughts?

• 
    Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why not? I thought they were really close to each other and they do make a nice couple. I did liked the idea of them. I would have to go with a YES. Lol

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They didn't have to be, but they are a tedious tasteless couple, Wonder Woman is so painfully lame in this book I wanna slap her in the face, girl wake the fuck up lol and they always seem so sad.. and the stroll in the beach.. This book glorifies Superman some more

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@archizoom: This one gets it. I honestly can't believe anyone that is a fan of Wonder Woman could like this book. I'm sure they could fix it, if DC even care about Wondy........but, we all know that's bs.

Well, hopefully fans won't have to bare with it much longer. As we all know the sales continue(even to the latest issue.) to drop.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godstaff: This comic has not got in the top 10 and top 100 best comics 2013. While Superman Unchained, Earth 2 and AOS have repeatedly been the best comics in 2013.

Sales results are not in favor of this crap.

Kidding, right? You've noticed that only two issues made it into 2013, and the last one was over the end of the year, when every statistic were probably closed. Dude, you come back with numbers when this book had had a fair shot at it, okay?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@archizoom: I think every arc will glorify one of them more. And this one does deal with one of superman villains, who is on top of that also from krypton.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#506  Edited By Sovereign91001

Hell yeah I want this series, in fact I want more Superman/Wonder Woman.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: A WW arc is the real test for the book. If sales drop by alot during a WW centered arc then the book will become a Superman centered only book.

BlackRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why successful Superman Unchained are canceled, but this crap is still going?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: It doesn't paint Wonder Woman in a very good light but people seem to like it. Who knows what they like about it. Soule is building this relationship around a ton of old clichés.

@archizoom: I think every arc will glorify one of them more. And this one does deal with one of superman villains, who is on top of that also from krypton.

I'm talking about how weak she seems relative to him in this book. Soule obviously wanted to assert his superiority right off the bat.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: It doesn't paint Wonder Woman in a very good light but people seem to like it. Who knows what they like about it. Soule is building this relationship around a ton of old clichés.

@2cool4fun said:

I'm talking about how weak she seems relative to him in this book. Soule obviously wanted to assert his superiority right off the bat.

Obviously, you are reading some other book. Or your mind is too biased and twisted by hate. Take a look at this last issue, please.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#511  Edited By dernman  Online

@godstaff said:

@archizoom said:

@2cool4fun said:

Obviously, you are reading some other book. Or your mind is too biased and twisted by hate. Take a look at this last issue, please.

WW came out looking a hell of a lot better than Superman this last issue.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: I can't think of 1 moment where she seemed weak compared to him. We have WW vs Doomsday, which well it's doomsday, & we have superman vs Apollo which well, first superman got toyed around worse then WW, but then he won "only" cause Apollo powered him up. It's even discussed in the next issue how much overcharged he was after Apollos attack.

And I am picking up issue 5 today, but I heard she gets feats bigger then superman? Or at least as big as him.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: @godstaff: No obviously I hadn't read this month's issue when I wrote that but now that I have I'm still not counting my chicken before they hatch. She didn't beat them per se and Zod and Faora weren't at 100% so next month Superman might end up saving her again. This didn't dissolve the memory of Doomsday breaking both her arms with a single blow.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

@archizoom: I can't think of 1 moment where she seemed weak compared to him. We have WW vs Doomsday, which well it's doomsday, & we have superman vs Apollo which well, first superman got toyed around worse then WW, but then he won "only" cause Apollo powered him up. It's even discussed in the next issue how much overcharged he was after Apollos attack.

And I am picking up issue 5 today, but I heard she gets feats bigger then superman? Or at least as big as him.

Yes but that shows his power's upper limit is set very high, he can beat her antagonists whereas against his she's out of her league. In the 4 previous issues she seemed very vulnerable and lifeless, just so horribly lame and even as she threatened to kill Zod in this issue she seemed reckless and foolish. The dialogues in this book are so bad. Superman rep is rock solid, he didn't seem weak just because Zod and Faora's combined might was too much for him to handle but Wonder Woman has such an abundant history of humiliation and failure that when Doomsday broke her arms it was yet another demonstration of vulnerability

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

Yes but that shows his power's upper limit is set very high, he can beat her antagonists whereas against his she's out of her league. In the 4 previous issues she seemed very vulnerable and lifeless, just so horribly lame and even as she threatened to kill Zod in this issue she seemed reckless and foolish. The dialogues in this book are so bad. Superman rep is rock solid, he didn't seem weak just because Zod and Faora's combined might was too much for him to handle but Wonder Woman has such an abundant history of humiliation and failure that when Doomsday broke her arms it was yet another demonstration of vulnerability

I disagree that she seemed reckless and foolish in this issue. That whole exchange struck me as very similar to Simone's take on Wonder Woman in that Simone (as well as Rucka to an extent) viewed her and the other Amazons as pragmatists at heart. When she said she would kill Zod, the way it was phrased came off as not so much a threat, but a statement of fact. Aside from that one heated glare, she just threw aside Faora, analysed the situation and then made a calculated decision. I'm not entirely sure what seemed reckless or foolish about that exchange. If she had screamed "I'll kill you if you hurt him, Zod!" or something of that ilk, it would certainly imply as much, but she simply and calmly stated that if he followed his current course of action he would be "dead a moment later." There was no over the top exclamation or anger, it was just a stone cold fact.

She then withdrew with such militant precision and calm that rather than coming off as reckless or foolish, she appeared more similar to the soldier-like representation depicted in certain portions of Simone's run. I quite liked that she was able to assess the situation so logically and come to a decision that most other more reckless superheroes would not be able to make. She was able to recognise that retreating was not a loss, just the post poning of their victory. It's classic Wonder Woman, really, and the first moment of this run for me that really seems that way.

It also does say something that Zod and Faora's combined might was too much for Superman, but neither of them were able to land a strike on Wonder Woman, who was able to injure both rather quickly. Zod seemed to view her as so much of a threat that rather than kill Superman, thereby eliminating him as a threat, which would allow him to double team Wonder Woman with Faora, he decided that a mutual withdrawal would be in his best interest. He decided it would be best to retreat rather than take her on, even with Faora at his side.

I wasn't a huge fan of this book initially and I almost dropped it outright after the Apollo issue (which I maintain was a horrible interpretation of an otherwise interesting villain that devalues the inevitable showdown between him and Diana in the Wonder Woman solo). But this issue was a step in the right direction.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#516 dernman  Online

@dernman: @godstaff: No obviously I hadn't read this month's issue when I wrote that but now that I have I'm still not counting my chicken before they hatch. She didn't beat them per se and Zod and Faora weren't at 100% so next month Superman might end up saving her again. This didn't dissolve the memory of Doomsday breaking both her arms with a single blow.

I'd rather take what Doomsday (a monster more powerful than Superman) did to Wonder Woman than what a not 100% Zod breaking Superman's arm with barely any effort or twist.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

I disagree that she seemed reckless and foolish in this issue. That whole exchange struck me as very similar to Simone's take on Wonder Woman in that Simone (as well as Rucka to an extent) viewed her and the other Amazons as pragmatists at heart. When she said she would kill Zod, the way it was phrased came off as not so much a threat, but a statement of fact. Aside from that one heated glare, she just threw aside Faora, analysed the situation and then made a calculated decision. I'm not entirely sure what seemed reckless or foolish about that exchange. If she had screamed "I'll kill you if you hurt him, Zod!" or something of that ilk, it would certainly imply as much, but she simply and calmly stated that if he followed his current course of action he would be "dead a moment later." There was no over the top exclamation or anger, it was just a stone cold fact.

She then withdrew with such militant precision and calm that rather than coming off as reckless or foolish, she appeared more similar to the soldier-like representation depicted in certain portions of Simone's run. I quite liked that she was able to assess the situation so logically and come to a decision that most other more reckless superheroes would not be able to make. She was able to recognise that retreating was not a loss, just the post poning of their victory. It's classic Wonder Woman, really, and the first moment of this run for me that really seems that way.

It also does say something that Zod and Faora's combined might was too much for Superman, but neither of them were able to land a strike on Wonder Woman, who was able to injure both rather quickly. Zod seemed to view her as so much of a threat that rather than kill Superman, thereby eliminating him as a threat, which would allow him to double team Wonder Woman with Faora, he decided that a mutual withdrawal would be in his best interest. He decided it would be best to retreat rather than take her on, even with Faora at his side.

I wasn't a huge fan of this book initially and I almost dropped it outright after the Apollo issue (which I maintain was a horrible interpretation of an otherwise interesting villain that devalues the inevitable showdown between him and Diana in the Wonder Woman solo). But this issue was a step in the right direction.

Well I mean she has to be incredibly confident in her abilities to think she can defeat 2 powerful kryptonians by herself and unfortunately she's not that powerful. A pragmatic response in that delicate situation would've been to negotiate Superman's release. Realistically, after Zod killed superman (assuming he was going to), they would've killed her too. So she was rather impetuous and quite impertinent in my opinion. Simone's wonder woman was smart and self-aware, she was a great person without being nauseatingly perfect like Rucka's, she was opinionated, she was a Woman and frankly Simone's dialogues were sophisticated whereas Soule's are a bit puerile. She sure talked the talk so now I hope she walks the walk in the next issue but for some reason I have a feeling Soule's gonna piss in my cornflakes again.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

Well I mean she has to be incredibly confident in her abilities to think she can defeat 2 powerful kryptonians by herself and unfortunately she's not that powerful. A pragmatic response in that delicate situation would've been to negotiate Superman's release. Realistically, after Zod killed superman (assuming he was going to), they would've killed her too. So she was rather impetuous and quite impertinent in my opinion. Simone's wonder woman was smart and self-aware, she was a great person without being nauseatingly perfect like Rucka's, she was opinionated, she was a Woman and frankly Simone's dialogues were sophisticated whereas Soule's are a bit puerile. She sure talked the talk so now I hope she walks the walk in the next issue but for some reason I have a feeling Soule's gonna piss in my cornflakes again.

Well, for one, she had Faora at sword point, so the Kryptonian female was done for the moment Zod killed Superman, She just had to confront him, therefore, she wasn't being wreckless, but bold. Otherwise, she wouldn't be in a position of negotiate a withdrawal: your woman for my man (it wasn't voiced, was implicit). You think if Zod had had the upper hand he would give it up so quickly?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: That was not reckless an foolish, if you have 2 people that earths so called strongest hero ( i still think MM is the strongest ) can't lift a finger too, and are destroying a village, you should go at them with every f-ing thing you got. And that tactical retreat was actually really smart.

Also of course she knew she could not beat them alone, that's why they retreated, she just attacked them in a 2v1 cause that's what a hero should do, defend others, not stand around cause they are weaker. Btw honestly their are a lot of good arguments that are backing up my opinion here. I hope you can see past the hate, and look at this comic with a fresh start.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godstaff said:

Well, for one, she had Faora at sword point, so the Kryptonian female was done for the moment Zod killed Superman, She just had to confront him, therefore, she wasn't being wreckless, but bold. Otherwise, she wouldn't be in a position of negotiate a withdrawal: your woman for my man (it wasn't voiced, was implicit). You think if Zod had had the upper hand he would give it up so quickly?

@archizoom: That was not reckless an foolish, if you have 2 people that earths so called strongest hero ( i still think MM is the strongest ) can't lift a finger too, and are destroying a village, you should go at them with every f-ing thing you got. And that tactical retreat was actually really smart.

Also of course she knew she could not beat them alone, that's why they retreated, she just attacked them in a 2v1 cause that's what a hero should do, defend others, not stand around cause they are weaker. Btw honestly their are a lot of good arguments that are backing up my opinion here. I hope you can see past the hate, and look at this comic with a fresh start.

That's true, she only would've confronted him (assuming she could snap Faora's neck with her bare hands which i'm not sure about) but Superman would perish and Zod, the man who killed him, is obviously tremendously powerful, her overbearing confidence left a bad taste in my mouth. She should've made a deal with Zod. Instead the tactical retreat was his idea. But that's just my opinion. I don't like very much when they talk big like that because they sometimes end up lifeless on a bed of rock and dirt.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By r2datu

@archizoom said:

@godstaff said:

@2cool4fun said:

That's true, she only would've confronted him (assuming she could snap Faora's neck with her bare hands which i'm not sure about) but Superman would perish and Zod, the man who killed him, is obviously tremendously powerful, her overbearing confidence left a bad taste in my mouth. She should've made a deal with Zod. Instead the tactical retreat was his idea. But that's just my opinion. I don't like very much when they talk big like that because they sometimes end up lifeless on a bed of rock and dirt.

Well, the idea that she's not powerful enough to take them both is an inference you made, rather than the characters.

By her own assessment of her abilities, she believed she was capable of holding her own and that would have been reckless or foolish if the information given in the book and in others had not supported her assessment. However, it was not only Diana that believed she could pose a major threat to both of them, but Zod as well. Zod was the one who suggested the withdrawal rather than fight Diana even with Faora's help. By Zod's assessment, she was enough of a threat that even a two on one fight was too risky in his mind. This is supported by the fact that neither Zod nor Faora were even able to touch Diana during their brief exchange. Diana's own assessment of her chance against Kryptonians was also supported by the fact that she's done very well against them in new 52 canon. Her only two other battles were against Supergirl and Superman, the former of whom she was able to demolish with minimal effort and the latter of whom she was able to bleed and knock for a loop with a single kick. Her assessment and her threat wasn't made without precedent. She's taken on New 52 Kryptonians before and won.

I'd argue that she came off as more overbearingly confident in Simone's Genocide arc. During her third battle with Genocide, she made a similar, far more over the top threat by asking what direction Genocide would like to face when her head was mounted on a pike. Similarly, it was phrased as an inevitability rather than a threat. The difference was, that unlike with Zod and Faora where she had previously done extremely well against similar opponents and even her opponents believed that she could defeat them, her track record with Genocide suggested that she had no chance to win. In her first fight, she was defeated by Genocide rather easily and beaten viciously to the point of near death. In her second fight, she was destroyed again, even when she had Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Green Lantern, Firestorm, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Vixen and the Gorilla Knights to back her up. One could argue that making a threat in this situation was infinitely more foolish than taking on two Kryptonians. However, she was able to back up her threat and Zod implied that she could have done just that in this issue.

Essentially, the threat would have been reckless and foolish if there had been no precedent when it came to her battles with New 52 Kryptonians, but she has done extremely well in her battles against them and Zod himself believed she could win.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

Well, the idea that she's not powerful enough to take them both is an inference you made, rather than the characters.

By her own assessment of her abilities, she believed she was capable of holding her own and that would have been reckless or foolish if the information given in the book and in others had not supported her assessment. However, it was not only Diana that believed she could pose a major threat to both of them, but Zod as well. Zod was the one who suggested the withdrawal rather than fight Diana even with Faora's help. By Zod's assessment, she was enough of a threat that even a two on one fight was too risky in his mind. This is supported by the fact that neither Zod nor Faora were even able to touch Diana during their brief exchange. Diana's own assessment of her chance against Kryptonians was also supported by the fact that she's done very well against them in new 52 canon. Her only two other battles were against Supergirl and Superman, the former of whom she was able to demolish with minimal effort and the latter of whom she was able to bleed and knock for a loop with a single kick. Her assessment and her threat wasn't made without precedent. She's taken on New 52 Kryptonians before and won.

I'd argue that she came off as more overbearingly confident in Simone's Genocide arc. During her third battle with Genocide, she made a similar, far more over the top threat by asking what direction Genocide would like to face when her head was mounted on a pike. Similarly, it was phrased as an inevitability rather than a threat. The difference was, that unlike with Zod and Faora where she had previously done extremely well against similar opponents and even her opponents believed that she could defeat them, her track record with Genocide suggested that she had no chance to win. In her first fight, she was defeated by Genocide rather easily and beaten viciously to the point of near death. In her second fight, she was destroyed again, even when she had Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Green Lantern, Firestorm, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Vixen and the Gorilla Knights to back her up. One could argue that making a threat in this situation was infinitely more foolish than taking on two Kryptonians. However, she was able to back up her threat and Zod implied that she could have done just that in this issue.

Essentially, the threat would have been reckless and foolish if there had been no precedent when it came to her battles with New 52 Kryptonians, but she has done extremely well in her battles against them and Zod himself believed she could win.

She didn't defeat superman, she just kicked him and when she fought supergirl she said their strength and speed were closely matched (though supergirl is a teenage girl, i hope this means Kara's not quite as strong as Diana yet) and the outcome came down to Wonder Woman's superior battle experience and technique. Zod and Faora though are adults with military training and she didn't have the lasso. The challenge would've been far greater. Fighting 2 foes is more than twice as difficult. I do think she was reckless because superman's life was on the line, she didn't know the enemy, who knows what Zod could've done. But i'm fault finding here definitely. Soule probably didn't think about it, he just kind of had her saying that.

Against Genocide, I think the fact that she had lost the 2 previous encounters between them made those words seem self-empowering actually since losing was not an option. We knew she was going to win for obvious reasons, but Diana was doubtful and Genocide didn't even care. And then Simone had built a different, more engaging personality for Diana, that changes our perception of things.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

She didn't defeat superman, she just kicked him and when she fought supergirl she said their strength and speed were closely matched (though supergirl is a teenage girl, i hope this means Kara's not quite as strong as Diana yet) and the outcome came down to Wonder Woman's superior battle experience and technique. Zod and Faora though are adults with military training and she didn't have the lasso. The challenge would've been far greater. Fighting 2 foes is more than twice as difficult. I do think she was reckless because superman's life was on the line, she didn't know the enemy, who knows what Zod could've done. But i'm fault finding here definitely. Soule probably didn't think about it, he just kind of had her saying that.

Against Genocide, I think the fact that she had lost the 2 previous encounters between them made those words seem self-empowering actually since losing was not an option. We knew she was going to win for obvious reasons, but Diana was doubtful and Genocide didn't even care. And then Simone had built a different, more engaging personality for Diana, that changes our perception of things.

Fair points, I just think that her threat was supported by the previous battles as well as the fact that Zod made the same assessment that it was likely she was capable of killing him.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

Fair points, I just think that her threat was supported by the previous battles as well as the fact that Zod made the same assessment that it was likely she was capable of killing him.

Then I hope she fights Zod though the cover's already been released, it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526  Edited By Godstaff
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Hey! For those who may appreciate them, here are my two latest:

The first, a sketch by Tony S. Daniel colored by me.

Second one not so much of a Valentine's day card, but a friendly reminder.

Godstaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since most folks here don't like it or read it, anyway, here's one huge spoiler.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for starsapphirelove
    StarSapphireLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Im hoping we get more action packed arcs and we get to see more of how SM and WW take that their relationship has been elevated to celebrity status. Also more Strife

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.