DC's Villain Trinity?!?!

#1 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

What is DC three most iconic villains?!?!

I mean I would put the three immortals Ra's al Ghul, Vandal Savage, and Darkseid but unfortunately if I say any of those names to random people maybe Ra's would be recoginzed due to Batman Begins but otherwise they would go over people's heads.

I would safely say the Joker and Lex Luthor however are WAY more iconic (though imo less of a threat).

So who would be the third if you were to make a trinity of villains? Or would you pick two others other than Lex and Joker?

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is about DC in general, why is this in the Batman forums?

#3 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

never heard of Vandal Savage..

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Darksied, Lex Luthor and Joker.

#5 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Oops, you are right I meant to put it there. Is there anyway I can move it?!!?

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: You can ask a mod.

#7 Posted by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

DC - Lex Luthor, Joker, and Cheetah

Batman - Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman

#8 Posted by End_Boss (737 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove: I would say Batman is more Joker, Bane and maybe Mr. Freeze. Bane did break his back and all that. I guess I usually consider Catwoman more often an ally than an adversary.

#9 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

For a Batman trinity I would definitely say the three skinny white guys! Joker, Two-Face, and the Riddler. They have been the iconic Bat villains for a LONG time.

#10 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

@ngroove: I would say Batman is more Joker, Bane and maybe Mr. Freeze. Bane did break his back and all that. I guess I usually consider Catwoman more often an ally than an adversary.

Geez, for once, think more "general-wise" than "current comic fan-wise". In GENERAL, most people consider Catwoman an enemy. Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin, has been Bats' most chief known enemies, perhaps for seventy years, forty-seven of them into public consciousness, thanks to the Batman television show.

#11 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The best known dc villains are still Joker, Penguin, Lex and Brainiac, and this list has been true since the 1980s.

#12 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Lex Luthor, Joker, and Darkseid would be the big three, but I feel that Wonder Woman needs one...

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio

it was established in Dwayne Mcduffie's Justice League run as Lex Luthor, Joker, and the Cheetah

#14 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Joker and Brainiac have also managed to enter the cultural vocabulary same as Bizarro.

#15 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, Lex, Braniac

@ngroove said:

I guess this would make more sense since the Big three heroes are Bats Supes and WW

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

#17 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

beat me to it.

It's got to be this 3 no matter how you slice it.

#18 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone saying Darkseid, Lex and Joker are onto something imo. Darkseid had so many amazing episodes in JLA and Superman's animated series, I assume even the most casual fans know about him. The Joker is unmatched in recognition, he has no equal. And Lex is the opposite number to the most iconic hero in comics, and has been around for decades.

Yep this is the Trinity of villains for DC. DCU Online wants it to be Joker, Lex, and Circe, so that each of the big 3 Heroes have a match, but I dont think people are buying it.

#20 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, Lex and Cheetah. Hands down.

#21 Posted by 4_color_image (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

Joker, Lex and Cheetah. Hands down.

Agreed!

#22 Posted by The_Tree (7463 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's to match DC's hero trinity, then it would be Lex, Joker, and Cheetah. If it's the biggest bads of DC in general, then I'd say Darkseid, Joker, and Lex.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker,Darkseid,Lex Luthor.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

#25 Edited by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

never heard of Vandal Savage..

well you should have

sorry not trying to be rude

@TDK_1997 said:

I agree with this

#26 Posted by lilben42 (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Top tier villain trinity to match the trinity

Darkseid, Circe, and The Joker

Recurring villain trinity

Lex, Cheetah, The Joker

#27 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (527 posts) - - Show Bio

If it had to be a triumvirate of villains who are both iconic and recurring threats, I would say it's as follows:

• Darkseid (Final Crisis, Justice League)
  • The Anti-Monitor (Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Sinstro Corps War, Blackest Night)
  • Superboy-Prime (Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War, Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds)

But if each member of the Justice League had a foe on the Legion of Doom, the line-up would be...

• Zod
  • Sinestro
  • Reverse-Flash
  • Black Adam
  • Black Manta
  • Ra'sal Ghul
  • Cheetah
  • Deathstroke
#28 Posted by starrk_coyote (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove said:

that is pretty much the same for me :)

#29 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I agree with the DCU online thing, only b/c for WW, Circe is her only other major foe besides Cheetah, and is more of a threat than Cheetah ever was. However, Cheetah has always been presented as her more known "arch-enemy" so it can really kind of go either way there. Lex and the Joker being the opposites for Bats and Supes is the obvious no-brainer and has of course always been that way.

#30 Posted by impossibilly (886 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think DC has a villains trinity, but rather a villains binity. Those two villains are Lex Luthor and the Joker.

While Wonder Woman is one of the most iconic superheroes of all time, none of her villains have a level of name recognition on par with her. Cheetah and Circe are definitely nowhere near as well known as Joker and Lex Luthor.

Even though the relationship of between Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman was a focal point of Infinite Crisis, at the end of Infinite Crisis, it's Luthor and Joker who take out Alexander Luthor, not Luthor, Joker and Cheetah. That's because the DC Universe has two main bad guys, and they are Lex Luthor and the Joker.

#31 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@impossibilly said:

I don't think DC has a villains trinity, but rather a villains binity. Those two villains are Lex Luthor and the Joker.

While Wonder Woman is one of the most iconic superheroes of all time, none of her villains have a level of name recognition on par with her. Cheetah and Circe are definitely nowhere near as well known as Joker and Lex Luthor.

Even though the relationship of between Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman was a focal point of Infinite Crisis, at the end of Infinite Crisis, it's Luthor and Joker who take out Alexander Luthor, not Luthor, Joker and Cheetah. That's because the DC Universe has two main bad guys, and they are Lex Luthor and the Joker.

This

#32 Posted by SuperSlayin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Seconded.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.