Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC's Best Event?

• 66 results
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Nobody has mentioned One Million?
    BB

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sinestro Corp War, followed by Infinite Crisis

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My favorite would have to be Blackest Night followed by Jim Starlin's Rann/Thanagar: Holy War, which I'm not sure if that even counts because it only features certain cosmic characters. Then Identity Crisis. Out of the comics I have in trade paperback form, Identity Crisis and The Return of Superman (which introduced such characters as John Henry Irons and Superboy, and led to Hal Jordan being possessed by Parallax.) are the two I can read over and over again. I'm sure some of the comics I have in single issue form would fit into that category too, but it's just easier to reread one TPB than several issues. Now I didn't particularly care for any of the Crisis trilogy, especially Final Crisis, but the original is okay. And Flashpoint was just pointless aside from setting up the New 52, which I'm sure we can all agree was a huge mistake. I still don't understand Zero Hour. I've unfortunately never read either Millennium or Legends. I'm not crazy about any of the others such as Final Night, Cosmic Odyssey, or, Underworld Unleashed. And I can't really remember Invasion. I probably didn't understand it, but I o do lean toward that cosmic stuff. And I wouldn't consider 52 or Brightest Day events. Am I forgetting anything? Reign in Hell? Fair.

romanAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By romanAK47

This site is so good for great conversation and no BS (for the most part; u always have d-bags on the net)

Anyways, in terms of epic story and the biggest affect on the universe as a whole it's - COIE

If we're talking a family of books (Lanterns/Bat family) I vote for Blackest Night -even though it was universe-wide, the Lanterns had the most to do with it. As everyone always says Reis' art is just incredible for the lantern books and cosmic epic that it is, but Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi don't get mentioned enough. They're the ones who created these amazing stories and the Lantern universe in general from 2006-2013....that in itself is amazing.

All time fav - Infinite Crisis (but for me the story wouldn't have meant nearly as much if we didn't get the amazing finale for Ted Kord in Countdown to Infinite Crisis) The buildups in books like Villains United (which spawned Secret Six - another fav), Day of Vengeance (my first exposure to characters like Detective Chimp = unforgettable) and even the OMAC project despite the doucheyness of DC to leave that book and kill Max Lord off outside of OMAC Project mini. Infinite Crisis hit the spot for me when I was just getting into comics and before reading it I thought i would be a Marvel fanboy but IC changed my comic reading path forever!

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Haven't read Zero Hour, but of the others definitely Infinite Crisis (with Sinestro Corps Wars also, even if it only slightly includes the DCU as a whole). 52 close behind. Final Crisis was so jumbled to me, even if the idea was cool (the novelization of it flowed much more nicely IMO).

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

COIE - Awesome story but a bit much for a newcomer as I was when I first read it.

Zero Hour - My least favorite event from DC caused a lot of confusion

Identity Crisis - I liked this story despite what some might say

52 - Probably one of my top 5 DC stories ever

Infinite Crisis - very well done but not pulitzer prize great

Final Crisis - as with a lot of Morrison's stuff it was hit and miss but still solid

Blackest Night - I thought it was a little too long

Brightest Day - Waaaaaaay too long

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Flash Point, Blackest Knight and Infinite Crisis.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I enjoyed Blackest Night and Brightest Day.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF Certified.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Final Crisis, easily.

Still this.

INCREDIBLE story, amazing and relevant tie-ins. Top notch quality across the board.

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

52 no doubt. The Final Crisis event right on its heels.

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis & Sinestro Corps War

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Crisis for me. It had awesome moments for several of my favorite characters.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Blackest Night....I just love Ivan Reis's art

This.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro Corp War!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.