Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Revamp: Titles & Creators Including Tim Drake, Static Shock, Hawk & Dove and More

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#301  Edited By jointron33
    @DMC: and hot!!!!
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#302  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @HubrisRanger said:

@Marshal Victory

Lots of negativity i'm feeling about this whole relaunch. I feel like I should say, as someone who a few weeks ago was buying zero DC products and had no real interest in buying any, this has seriously reignited my interest. Am I going to buy everything? Absolutely not. Is there enough going around that I might buy a healthy number of titles? If they make good on their promise for this whole thing to be accessible to newcomers, absolutely.

I agree that it loses its power or sense of significance when you recognize just how often in the past 5, 10, 20 years DC has felt the need to hammer the universal reset button. But setting a clear line in the sand and say "This is where the new start is, here is a shitload of diverse titles, and everyone is invited to jump on" makes a whole lot of sense to me. And as someone who has a love for some of the characters in the DCU but no real knowledge or interest in any of the storylines that have been going on, its a perfect way for me to feel invited back in. Again, I'll probably cherry-pick the titles and creators that fascinate me and avoid anything with JT Krul's name on it, but I feel much more invited to the whole DC line than I have in...god, maybe a decade? And if I'm not alone in that perspective, then this whole crazy stunt might be worth it.

Im glad you like what their doing.But i was looking at geting some dc monthly titles now after this news . Not so much.Well not at all to be brutal about it.Feels like they puled the rug out from their loyal fans in some respects... again... an again.MIght follow along the batman ttiles see if their worth picking up as trades but that doesnt help the monthly comics stay .. well monthly . 

I can see your point of view. Good post by the way.Hopefuly this stunt will not cost them more market share .
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#303  Edited By SilverZeo

Oh God, the Titans... it's like the 90s all over for them...

thebeegle88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#304  Edited By thebeegle88

okay about the paper on the back of superboy. It looks more like kid flash could have just slapped it on the back of him. I mean kid flash is a joker. he did spray paint on the red tornado in YJ #1

i haven't read every comment on here, so if someone has already pointed that out im sorry.  

I haven't read all the comments do to the fact there is alot of negative responses. There is nothing wrong with not liking something, but the way that it has been expressed is a little to over the top for me.  HORRIBLE, STUPID, WHAT HAVE THE DONE, THEY F@#$ED THIS UP. what ever happened to eh, its okay, im not a fan, or the ever popular i don't like it. of course express yourself. But its just my feeling that there is alot of over the top expression of why people hate something so much.  And my mama told me that hate is a strong word and should never be used lightly. I would have to agree.

I like Tim Drake and love his back story, but i am interested in how this new idea goes through. even with the titans. i don't like that they are changing wonder girl, but im game to see what they have to offer. I'm open to change. So ill  try it out. if they mess it up, whatever ill go find something else to entertain me

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#305  Edited By Eyz

And the title for "Worst (improvised) costumes by Jim Lee" goes to Teen Titans!

DiscoNightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By DiscoNightwing

Tim Drake is forced out from behind the computer? Jason todd is alive...some one mentioned it before but it sounds to me Tim's gunna be DCnu'd from the bat family, maybe he ended up with the blue beetle? that's my guess

Teen Titans is pretty wild looking...TT has kinda sucked for a real long time...it's attempts at being angsty comes of as sad and whiny with a lot of forced action and forgetable villians...I wished it was more fun and light hearted, but this dark and edgy thing could be cool. Happy about the costume changes, curious about Connor's though. Also don't want him to be the raging ass he is in the Young Justice cartoon I miss the funny carefree hoochie chasing clone he used to be before he got all whiny self doubting.
    thebeegle88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By thebeegle88

@BallsMonkey  
    AID's dude, i don't care how you feel about freedom of speech. but im sure who ever raised you wouldn't think highly of you wishing AID's upon anyone. Over the top much. if you think im blowing up...... wait a second im not the one who just told someone to get AIDS who are you? if you have AIDS i think you know how tough it is to live with it. if you don't go deliver some meals to someone who does. then think about what you just said. 

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#308  Edited By DMC
    @IamV said:
    Superboy in all black everything looks pretty badass lose the tats and change the way the "S" looks on the back, Tim looks badass as well, i think it's just me but i wanna see a Red Robin/Superboy team up series kinda like Superman/Batman 
    lose the tatoo? are you kidding that's the best thing about his new look
    johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#309  Edited By johnnie619
    @Scarlet_Rogue
    agreed
    RedHood_DCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By RedHood_DCU

I actually like the new Red Robin's new design, looks cool. Still upset about the whole relaunch bull-shiz.

Avatar image for the_ghost_writer
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... Looks pretty cool. I like some of these redesigns for the reboot, even if I'm not sure who some of these people are (i.e. the spider-limbed girl, the black-cloud being, and the guy with energy fists from the Teen Titans cover). Tim's new outfit as the Red Robin is totally wicked, and I like Conner's new S-Shield tattoo. The subtly of the barcoding is very ingenious, especially considering his origin as "Big Blue's" teenage clone and all. 

I'm definitely going to be picking up Teen Titans, Legion Of Superheroes, Legion Lost, and Static Shock (the last out of nostalgia for my favorite show as a kid, and because Virgil is totally awesome). I'm not sure about Hawk and Dove though, but I'll probably give them a chance.
    krisboyz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By krisboyz781

If they wanted the Titans to look hip then they should at least have a black person in it. Teen Titans should be teens who are superheroes. They should make the characters look like they are wearing stuff doesn't cost that much. I know I wouldn't have the cash to make a super good looking costume.

Also Static's costume. Ehh, its okay. The costume doesn't look like his style. I like the classic costume the best with the hat. I made me feel more related to him. Also will these characters be getting power upgrades.

roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#313  Edited By roboticjesus

After looking the art over a few times, I love the Red Robin re-design best of all. Hate the Superboy costume. We have 2 images here and then what was released today with the Superman title announcements. Would almost take the 90's punk version over this.

Henrypm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Henrypm

wonder girl look like a gypsy , superboy to superdouche i see make him look costume cool not like douchebag . not necesary change the legion of superheroes they change their outfit all the time, i do like the outfit of static and dove , i do rather see hawk white not gray
    Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Kiddevil

i like superboys costume
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By danhimself

they should have mixed some of the Gen 13 kids into the Teen Titans

lokiofmidgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#317  Edited By lokiofmidgaard

Some of the new issues look interesting, others less so. My main concern is that by launching so many simultaneously both readers and retailers will be forced to pick and choose a lot more than if the releases had been staggered, and so many of these are doomed to fail.
    kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By kal-el09

wow conner looks lame!!!!

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By KZR

Which Kid Flash is it? 

.o0Johnny0o.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By .o0Johnny0o.

Brush.

#8B0000

Repeat.

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Blindside002
    @Eyz: Gotta disagree with that man, I have to give the worst redesign to Birds of Prey, and second place would have to be Supergirl. lol
    Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Midnight Monk

Red Robin,Wonder Girl, & Kid Flash looks incredible. Superboy looks...*barf* but who are those other guys? And why is Static not on this team!? Glad your giving his own Solo book but come on DCU spread some color on your freakin teams
    gerredboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By gerredboy

I kind of like the outrageous looking costumes. I've always thought Teen Titans was aimed at the younger generations anyway so the over the top costumes are cool.

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Midnight Monk

I'm still left wondering what will become of Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown?
    fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By fedykin87

And DC's company wide mid life crisis continues. Granted, I rather like Red Robin's costume but thats about the only thing I like. Everyone else and the changes so far reminds me of really emo and punk rocker 90s types of people. DC is trying REALLY REALLY hard to be cool and hip with this reboot and its flopping big time in my book.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By danhimself
    @Kal'smahboi said:
    @danhimself said:
    @Kal'smahboi said:
    I love Superboy's new design. But why does it look like the shield written on loose leaf and taped on his back?
    that's my biggest problem and as I look at the picture more it seems like it's possible that Kid Flash put it there as a joke
    That was one of my first impressions, too. Especially with Bart's smirk and his thumb pointed like that. It's like the superhero's version of a "Kick Me" sign. I wonder if maybe they make fun of Conner for identifying with Superman in the reboot.
    from an interview that newsarama did with Brett Booth

Nrama: Superboy?

Booth: This was really Scott and I just wanting him to be Superboy, since he's not into spandex, The gloves are a nod to his 90's outfit. The "S" on his back is a joke — Bart put it there because on the original, he didn't
    have the tattoo on that side, so it was ambiguous who it was. He's just wearing a muscle shirt and some pants and boots. Just not the traditional "S" shirt and jeans. I added the tattoo as to his design because of a misread email, but everyone liked it so we kept it. The bar code idea was added a bit later but was genius!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#327  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @danhimself: Oh sweet. Thanks for posting that.
    dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By dorsk188
    The more of these revamped costumes I see the less I am impressed.  The Teen Titans color palette is inexplicably restricted to Red, Black, and Yellow.  Any artist knows to throw in some contrasting colors like some greens or blues, even if it's just in the backgrounds.  These pictures are so muted and barren, it feels like Mad Max DC.  The old Titans probably went too far the other direction (everyone wearing garish, largely unorganized colors), but now it's painfully drab.

I read most of the comments, but I couldn't find any confirmation on the TT line-up.  We've got Red Robin and  Superboy.  I think we can safely assume Cassie and probably Bart as Kid Flash.  Does anyone have any idea on the other three?  I don't recognize them, but my DC knowledge is fairly limited.  The purple shapeshifter with an E on his chest... could be related to Elongated Man, maybe?  Could the insectoid Witchblade girl be the new Bumblebee?  Black cloud lady is probably Raven, right?  Or are these new character's entirely? 

@Jake Fury said:
    Dear Tim Drake,  I want my flying harness back.  Signed, The Falcon
    QFT
    dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By dorsk188
    @danhimself said: 
    Booth: This was really Scott and I just wanting him to be Superboy, since he's not into spandex, The gloves are a nod to his 90's outfit. The "S" on his back is a joke — Bart put it there because on the original, he didn't have the tattoo on that side, so it was ambiguous who it was. He's just wearing a muscle shirt and some pants and boots. Just not the traditional "S" shirt and jeans. I added the tattoo as to his design because of a misread email, but everyone liked it so we kept it. The bar code idea was added a bit later but was genius!  
    That may be the most painful thing I've ever read regarding a creative process.  I'm not saying comic book characters must have costumes, like it's some kind of article of faith, but it's like they don't want to make the character the slightest bit memorable or iconic.  It's basically: "We designed him wearing clothes.  Just black clothes.  Black on black with no design whatsoever.  Oh, and we gave him gloves... they were black, of course." 

I mean, this is just pathetic.  It's like they are so timid that they can't even put a pencil to paper.  Reminds me of every half-assed adaptation like Smallville or Catwoman that is so afraid of not being cool, they can't be anything at all. 

Genius is not a barcode tattoo.  Genius is not black on black with black black black.  Genius is daring and elegance and unique.  The Superboy design is so powerfully mundane that I wouldn't be able to tell if a fan was cosplaying this design or not.  Sorry to unload like that, but that quote hit a nerve.
    NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By NexusOfLight

Not diggin' Static's redesign. Maybe it's just this picture though.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Amegashita
    @DiscoNightwing said:
     Tim Drake is forced out from behind the computer? Jason todd is alive...some one mentioned it before but it sounds to me Tim's gunna be DCnu'd from the bat family, maybe he ended up with the blue beetle? 

Tim Drake, Batman’s former sidekick, is back in action when an international organization seeks to capture, kill or co-opt super-powered teenagers.

As Red Robin, he’s going to have to team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and the hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash to stand any chance at all against a living, breathing weapon with roots in another world! They – along with a few other tortured teen heroes – will be the Teen Titans in this new series from writer Scott Lobdell (WILDC.A.T.S, Uncanny X-Men) and artist Brett Booth (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)!

So no DCnu'd out of the Batfamily for good ol' Tim Drake.
    afrokola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By afrokola

Teen Titans looks freaking sick! I definitely will have to check out issue 1.

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

is it me or does the titans cover look like something michael turner would do... god, it makes me miss him now :(

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Adnan
    @NexusOfLight: It's pretty different to his standard look. His costume was originally made up up things found around the house, with a bit of sewing here and there. His hoverboard wasn't as futuristic as it looks like on this cover either. I'm thinking this new design has something to do with his internship at S.T.A.R labs (mentioned in the solicit description)
    aminenafti33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wanna see a new 52 red robin series i wonder if he will be in gotham or not

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.