DC Revamp: Titles & Creators Including Tim Drake, Static Shock, Hawk & Dove and More

Posted by G-Man (34147 posts) - - Show Bio
Teen Titans #1

Time for the latest batch of DC Comics revamp news. This time it comes courtesy of io9.

First we have Teen Titans #1 by Scott Lobdell with art by Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund. Now those that have been wondering about Tim Drake and relax. He is still Red Robin and still exists.

Legion Lost #1 involves seven heroes from the 31st Century that have traveled back to the present day in order to save their future from total annihilation. This will be written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Pete Woods.

Legion of Superheroes #1 is set in the 31st Century and deals with the heros reeling from the loss of seven of their finest. Written by Paul Levitz with art by Francis Portela.

Static Shock #1 marks the return of the character and will be co-written by John Rozum and Scott McDaniel. McDaniel will also provide the art.

Hawk And Dove #1 brings the duo back to action fresh out of the pages of Brightest Day. This will be written by Sterling Gates with art by a guy that did some work on the duo early in his career, Rob Liefeld.

Want to see more artwork?

== TEASER ==

What do you think about these titles and the creative teams?

Legion of Superheroes #1
Static Shock #1
Hawk and Dove #1
Legion Lost #1

Update

Apparently this will be the actual cover to Teen Titans #1 according to Bleeding Cool.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I'll pass on these.

#2 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy ... wow. Just wow.

Hawk & Dove should be interesting. Sterling Gates is a good writer, we'll just have to see how Liefeld's style of art goes with it.

#3 Posted by BurnSide (53 posts) - - Show Bio

like the wing-cape on red robin, i just hope he gets his own series aswell. superboy reminds me of a street fighter .
#4 Edited by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! I like that Titans cover a lot, but does anyone else get a heavy 90s feel from it? Not that that's a bad thing -- just wondering. 

I like Tim's costume, but I'd like it much more if he didn't have the feathered cape/wings. I'm intrigued as to why the description only mentions Tim, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash, and not anyone else. 

And assuming -- fairly, I think -- that that's Conner in the center, he's long overdue for a costume change. The taped on shield and tattoo raises a lot of questions, though. 

Nice to see Hawk and Dove especially after Brightest Day, too. 

#5 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm relived now knowing Tim will be in the reboot just hope he gets his own series

#6 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans.  
Literally WTF are they thinking? They could've come up with a great iconic fun lineup and book but this sounds like crap and Brett Booth is so horrible my eyes are vomiting. 
Red Robin? EXTREMELY OVER DESIGNED! AGAIN! 
Superboy? Sleeveless look has potential. IDK what the hell's going on in the back there though. And the jeans look will be missed. 
Wonder Girl? just a disaster. seriously a major fking disaster. 
Kid Flash? There was nothing wrong with the old costume, it's iconic and modern enough alrady. The Mask? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?! 

new characters? Unnecessary. We already have 100 other titans to choose from and you put a creepy ugly spider-girl and a smoke thing on the team? Why?  

I'm trying really hard to be onboard for this reboot but seriously so many of these redesigns are going to need to be fixed. Not just the titans either, Black Canary, Zatanna, etc. UGH i'm so scared now.

#7 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Could do without the tat on Conner, but I'm just being nitpicky. Nice to see Static getting a book.

#8 Posted by Phantim555 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY!!!! I'm a huge Tim Drake fan and I love this. I'm not sure how I feel about the wings and I miss the cowl but I do love the costume. Its new but different. Also, I love Static as well but I'm not really sold on his new costume. I like it but it may be too different from the one I like.
#9 Posted by sonic1435 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the Red Robin costume change
#10 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@BurnSide said:
like the wing-cape on red robin, i just hope he gets his own series aswell. superboy reminds me of a street fighter .
This is kind of his own series. If you read the description, it says that the book's focus is on him finding these kids with powers. It pretty much focus' on him.
#11 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it amusing that with every new DC title being released, you can pretty much tell which ones are getting canceled within 12 months.

Tim's got an interesting costume. It's kinda cool.

#12 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited for Teen Titans! Loving Tim and Kid Flash's new costumes….and Superboy's isn't too shabby either.

#13 Posted by Nasar7 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

They made Superboy into a Superdouche.

#14 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from the Legion and Static it sounds like the young DC heroes got the shaft. The Titans just look awful.

#15 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Eclipse should be happy now :P

#16 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

damn it, Tim and Bart's new costumes are too awesome to hate. And a Static solo series to boot? Fine DC I'll give this ridiculous revamp a shot.

#17 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@sEsposito7 said:
Awesome! I like that Titans cover a lot, but does anyone else get a heavy 90s feel from it? Not that that's a bad thing -- just wondering.  I like Tim's costume, but I'd like it much more if he didn't have the feathered cape/wings. I'm intrigued as to why the description only mentions Tim, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash, and not anyone else.  And assuming -- fairly, I think -- that that's Conner in the center, he's long overdue for a costume change. The taped on shield and tattoo raises a lot of questions, though.  Nice to see Hawk and Dove especially after Brightest Day, too. 
Yeah. It has a very 90's young justice feel to it.
#18 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: are you looking at the same kid flash costume as the rest of us?
#19 Posted by RedRobin92 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for a new Hawk and Dove title. As for the rest of them I couldn't care less, and it looks like Tim Drake will no longer be a member of my pull list. 

#20 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: No need to be snarky. You don't have to like the costume, but that doesn't mean nobody else can.

#21 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefield on Hawk and Dove feels like a stab in the Heart though....

#22 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok ... I'm sorry DC but THIS sucks! I really loved the Teen Titans but this doesn't look like the Teen Titans anymore! The new Red Robin outfit looks good but what's going on with the others? Cassie, Conner and Bart doesn't look like ... Cassie, Conner and Bart anymore. Sorry but the reboot was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea ...

I'm happy that Hank Hall is back as Hawk but I would love to get Don Hall back. Dawn is a good character but Don was much better ...

#23 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they'll end up re-rebooting the titans after a few months. The Legion looks good though! And the static shock series is exciting!  

Hawk and Dove won't sell. Won't last the year.

#24 Posted by darkrider (450 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF tim drake have wings are you kidding me

#25 Posted by mohawkmoose12 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading Red Robin but I realllly am not into this Teen Titans.

#26 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@JimmyOlsen1 said:
Ok ... I'm sorry DC but THIS sucks! I really loved the Teen Titans but this doesn't look like the Teen Titans anymore! The new Red Robin outfit looks good but what's going on with the others? Cassie, Conner and Bart doesn't look like ... Cassie, Conner and Bart anymore. Sorry but the reboot was a terrible, terrible, terrible idea ...  I'm happy that Hank Hall is back as Hawk but I would love to get Don Hall back. Dawn is a good character but Don was much better ...
I agree with how bad the titans look like they're sucking. but the reboot was good in theory. they're just not executing it well in every area. Some titles look cool! But this...i'm so upset about the Titans.
#27 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scarlet_Rogue: @Scarlet_Rogue said:

Liefield on Hawk and Dove feels like a stab in the Heart though....

Which is funny since he did the characters years ago and made Dawn.
#28 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans.... er.... erm..... well OK then. 
That's the biggest shake up / origin mess up I've seen so far.  

Is that meant to be Bart or Wally?

#29 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Hating Wonder Girls look. 
I loved her more casual Jeans and a tank top .. atleast it looked better than whatever that unflattering thing is. And a red lasso? REALLY DC? 

Why is a Witchblade rio-off on here? .... 

#30 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnny spam: And came back and did a Teen Titans story with Dawn and Holly!!! Which still, stabs me in the heart.

#31 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

GAH! GAH!!! Tim WTF DID THEY DO TO YOUR SUIT!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH CONNER HOW DOES HE HAVE A TAT? 

GAH!!!!

These are the UGLIEST things I have SEEN!

#32 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new outfit of Tim , but the new  Superboy "Street Fighter "  style is horrible . What 's with the tattoo ? Living in Smallville was reformed , and now became a gang member ?

#33 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@JimmyOlsen1: The Bart Costume looks like his old Impulse one with darker colors.

#34 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk and Dove yay. Liefeld though.....ew. That's going to keep me from reading it.

#35 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cherry Bomb said:

I loved her more casual Jeans and a tank top .. atleast it looked better than whatever that unflattering thing is. And a red lasso? REALLY DC?

Why is a Witchblade rio-off on here? ....

I also don't like the Troia thing she has going on.

#36 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2242 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew. This is the first new costumes I'm not sure I like, although I think Red Robin might look better with a different artist. Just, wow, what a radical redesign. 

And now we FINALLY have the first 2 of the 52 titles that I DEFINITELY won't be getting. All the others until now I'm either definitely getting, or probably getting, but Legion of Superheroes and Legion Lost, NO. But that's nothing new so I can't count it against the relaunch.

#37 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scarlet_Rogue said:

@Cherry Bomb said:

Why is a Witchblade rio-off on here? ....

I also don't like the Troia thing she has going on.

Me neither, they've completely eliminated Wonder Girl and replaced her with someone else ... 
#38 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
Re: Teen Titans: Yes! Tim! That is awesome, even though I hate every single costume on that cover and wish that you had a better name than "Red Robin." Especially Superboy's costume. Zow--that is bad. I'm hoping this is very much a "Tim" Book because the dude deserves his own title. I'm just happy he's still around. 

Re: Legion stuff: They're really doubling down on this. How many Legion books have failed and they've now got two of them. I would think a REBELS book would take one of those, but they could both still be good. 

Re: Static: Totally deserved, and Virgil's costume looks awesome. 

Re: Hawk & Dove: Not a fan of Leifeld at all. Could not care less about this book.
#39 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The TT redesigns will take some getting used to, especially Conner's and Tim's. 

But the big question here is; 

Wally or Bart?

#40 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt

I think it's Wally he's hair is red.
#41 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: This needs to be Bart! If this isn't Bart I'm so pissed ... Bart, Conner, Cassie and Tim - that's the dreamteam ... THAT'S the Teen Titans ...
#42 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew he'd be on the Teen Titans, he was made the leader just a while ago.  Plus, a new costume.  Finally.

#43 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-Man said:
@FadeToBlackBolt:   I think it's Wally he's hair is red.
Isn't Bart's hair red too? 

@JimmyOlsen1
I love Wally West, he's one of my favourite characters ever. I'm freaking out that he's going to be wiped from existence, so I'm hoping it's him (even though that's not ideal), purely so I know that he's safe. It's doing my head in waiting around.
#44 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Another big question: Why hire Brett Booth and Liefield at all? They're both just awful.  

I'm so fking mad about the Titans. I LOVE THE TEEN TITANS. Tim, Connor, Cassie, and Bart are some of my favorite characters. but they've ruined them. there's no defending how awful they look. and rumor has it they're revamping Cassie and Connor's origins which i dont even know how to respond to. I've heard Wonder Girl is a thief and this is Superboy's first appearance. I'm so upset.

#45 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

The Teen Titans doesn't really have Teen Titans feeling... I think I'll pass...

#46 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Wally is amazing! I really liked him but Wally needs to be the Flash - yeah I like Barry too but ... there is still Jay - he's also a flash. They need to give Barry a new codename, Wally needs to be the Flash and Bart needs to be Kid Flash ... or Impulse ...
#47 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt

No Bart's hair is Brown
#48 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a new Static series, that is going to be good. 

Teen titans is looking cool also, Superboy and Kid flash look great, Tim is looking good and Wonder Gril is probably going to look better in the actual book, that cover is too small for a good jugdment
#49 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-Man : sometimes it's more red than brown ... and they changes so many things ... they can even change haircolors.
#50 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's Donna as WW and Wally as KF.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.