Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Reboot

Avatar image for jacquenette_harper
    Jacquenette_Harper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

This blog is a little late for being about the reboot but whatever. I have decided to drop DC altogether with the reboot. The guy down at the comic book shop tells me he thinks they were good, but I don't think I will try them. Maybe one day I will go back, but for now, nope.

So, I will just stick to Vertigo (which I am not completely leaving DC, as Vertigo is an imprint of DC). I love my Vertigo titles (particularly Hellblazer and Fables) and Vertigo is yet to disappoint. So, goodbye DC, (at least for now).

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By soccersss
    @Jacquenette_Harper
     DC reboot has been hit and miss but it has had his brilliant titles. Batman and Animal are just a few of the brilliant titles. I wont give up hope on DC yet
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've considered this, on and off, but I'm stubbornly determined to stick around for at least 5 issues of each my new choices, and give it a chance.  I still prefer the old universe, and like the flavor of continuity more than change for the sake of sales.  That being the case, I'm collecting old trade paperbacks and hard cover editions of their older stuff.

At least you'll be able to try the "New 52" out later in the form of TPBs, if you ever become curious.

Jacquenette_Harper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xenozoic Shaman: That is what I have been figuring; that if I want to pick it up then I can do so with TPBs.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

So you won't try something that you may or may not like because of fear of change. That's pretty much what is wrong with the comics medium and why something had to be done.

In case you ever change your mind as a fan of Vertigo you may be able to like these titles:

Swamp Thing

Animal Man

I, Vampire

Demon Knights

Resurrection Man

Justice League Dark

Frankenstein

The Shade

All Star Western

Jacquenette_Harper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nighthunter: Not so much a fear, but really more upset. DC has messed up my favorite characters; I already checked the changes that were made to them, and so I refuse to buy DC now.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Adnan

I've taken this reboot as a chance to drop characters I'm familiar with and start anew with ones I know little/nothing about, and I've been, for the most part, enjoying myself so far. Although I'd say you'd be fine in just reading Vertigo, perhaps you could try a similar approach?

I second Nighthunter's recommendations, all those titles are great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.