Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Pre New 52 Animated Movies

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By batmannflash

Excuse me if this has been answered already, but since DC is now doing New 52 animated movies, do you think they'll ever do any Pre new 52 stories in the future, like The Killing Joke or Long Halloween?

Because I hope they do. There are tons of Pre New 52 stories that are movie-worthy for animation.

But I think they're solely doing stories from Flashpoint to present

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SupBatz

It won't last forever. Eventually, DC management will change and they'll realize that freezing out Pre-Flashpoint events entirely just doesn't work. There are too many great stories and characters that came in the past eighty years to just be forgotten indefinitely.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

OMG, they need to make the Long Halloween!!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@supbatz said:

It won't last forever. Eventually, DC management will change and they'll realize that freezing out Pre-Flashpoint events entirely just doesn't work. There are too many great stories and characters that came in the past eighty years to just be forgotten indefinitely.

This. No Killing Joke movie means no Mark Hamill and this makes me want to cry ;.;

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I imagine they will eventually get back to them. I think right now they just want to start a streak of New 52 movies to go along with the comics and events. I'd love to see a Long Halloween animated movie.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gator4eva: @peppeyhare: @lyrafay: @supbatz: I hope you all are correct! I would love to see Killing Joke (with Mark Hamill of course) and Long Halloween (preferably using the voice cast of Batman TAS). What are some pre 52 stories that you would like to see become an animated movie?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Probably theres not that many good N52 stories that they can or are willing to adapt.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Aside from some mainstream stories everyone wants as well as me I'd like Emperor Joker, Justice League The Lightning Saga, and Batman Hush

@ultrastarkiller: To be fair there haven't been that many stories yet. I'm thinking they plan on coming out with some good stories they want to eventually turn into movies as well.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gator4eva: Those are good choices. Would you be interested in Identity Crisis. It's a great story but I doubt it'd be made

@ultrastarkiller: There're going to be plenty of stories in the future. They could make movies for: A Court/Night of Owls, Death of the Family, Trinity War, H'el on Earth (maybe?), Rotworld, Throne of Atlantis

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I allwasy wishied to watch Blackest Nigth animated i guess now it's gonna be impossible

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: I'd definitely be interested in it but I haven't read the story yet, I want to soon though.

@marcosvergara14: I wouldn't lose hope. That's one I want as well. That and then Brightest day.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batmannflash

@gator4eva: read it! One of my favorite DC stories. Emotional, great mystery, and extremely intense

@marcosvergara14: Not impossible. They could make Blackest Night, Brightest Day, and/or Sinestro Corps War.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Have you read the Swamp Thing/Animal Man crossovers? That's Rotworld

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

@ultrastarkiller: I'd like to see some Animal Man New 52 animated, but there's also the Court of Owls or Death of the Family arcs from Batman (big sellers, easily made into animateds). I've heard there's some good Aquaman New 52 stuff, and I know he's a fairly popular character, especially for the crowds more used to the animated stuff than the comics, but he doesn't really appeal to me personally so idk if there are arcs that could be made into good animated material.

Honestly, it's really in their best interest to promote the New 52 stuff above all others right now just to try to expand the audiences of their ongoing series. Obviously there's a lot more classic material that can (and should) be made into animated material, but I feel that DC doesn't really want to promote that stuff and then have to turn around and say "You liked that, huh? Check out all the new stuff that's totally different." I've been pushing for a Blackest Night animated movie for a long time, and I think that this would be the best time for them to do it. Flashpoint was very well done, and if they follow it with Blackest Night they can get a big boost into the New 52 stuff just by saying "check out the aftermath of that awesomeness with the ongoing series."

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As far as New 52 stories go, I'd love to see Rotworld adapted. Or any of the arcs from Aquaman. Batwoman: Elegy or the Medusa arc would be a dream come true but I don't see that actually happening.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I wouldn't think so...especially if they intend to turn the spotlight on to less popular characters

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gregroyj42

I would love to see JLA tower of babel and some of the old JSA stories animated.

GLJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are so many good stories to adapt from pre-New 52. I hope they don't shut them all out of mind when developing new animated flicks. Kingdom Come and Long Halloween just to name a couple. Green Arrow Longbow Hunters would be another. Anyway, I think for now they will focus on New 52 era stories to adapt. This will be their way to keep interest in the new direction as opposed to the past.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batmannflash

@gljedi: Yeah, I think I agree with you on all of that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.