Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC New 52 Reading Order

Avatar image for littlegreengeek
    LittleGreenGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LittleGreenGeek

Okay, i'm aware there are a lot of posts on here with similar titles and questions but so far none have helped me.

I'm fairly new to comics and i'm aware I have a lot to catch up on but I have a lot of free time coming soon!

I have got access to all issues of the new 52 through friends and purchases but i am very confused about where to start, previously i have just gone with reading a series as far as i can and then moving on to a new series and so on. But i have noticed a lot of references between series and would like to know is it at all helpful to read the issues in release order by week / month or is it fine just to read series by series.

I have also managed to obtain a checklist of all new 52 issues by month of release if anyone is interested in that.

Thanks for any help, I would love to get a clear answer on this so i can start catching up with Convergence and Post-Convergence (DC You??) issues.

Thanks! Elliot

EDIT: If you have a better suggestion on reading order then I'd love to hear it! :)

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on which characters you are really interested in,

these titles are pretty well self contained

Justice league (until throne of Atlantis)

Aquaman (until throne of Atlantis)

The Flash

Green Arrow (start reading at #17 they restarted the series)

I believe Wonder Woman is also

These titles reference each other a lot

all batman family books

all Green Lantern books

Earth 2 after #16(quality slipped here too)

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in a similar position. I've read a bit of Earth 2 and Red Lanterns, when I get some free time I'm going to finish them. Then I've been told to read Flash, which from what I know is great and has a great art style. Then I'll probably read an assortment of Bat Family books, wallet-willing.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Galactic_1000

Justice league Amazo virus

Justice league Darkseid war

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just from what I've read and think that it's good or great

• Aquaman
    • Batman
    • Green Arrow (starting from issue #17 up to issue #34 then you could decide if you want to pick up the new creative team's starting on issue #41)
    • Infinity Man and the Forever People
    • Forever Evil
    • Nightwing
    • The Flash
    • Wonder Woman
    Avatar image for littlegreengeek
    LittleGreenGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LittleGreenGeek

Okay thanks for the responses, sorry email notifications are not working for me :/

Yeah I have since started reading Justice League, Supergirl and Flash. I think i am basically going to work my way through individual series and hope that i can pick up on references, i seem quite good at it with tv and movies so hopefully. It's such a huge task to catchup though!

I have already read justice league 0-30, super girl 1-9 and flash 1-14 and not having too many problems so I'm feeling optimistic about this approach.

Avatar image for stanthelibrarian
    StanTheLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Batman, Snyder is a beast.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.