DC Nation Unleashes New Episodes of Green Lantern, Young Justice, Animal Man & Batgirl

• 62 results
Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

Make sure you set your alarm for this Saturday. At 10 a.m. ET/PT, Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Television is ready to deliver more DC Comics content than you can handle. Saturdays have been devoid of choices in animated programming but now we have a lot to look forward to.

In the sixth episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series, the Lanters travel to a mysterious planet to save the inhabitants from an approaching asteroid that is on a lethal collision course. Once they get there, they discover the planet itself will not allow its inhabitants to leave. Hmm... It's up to the Green Lanterns to figure out the mystery before the planet-killing asteroid destroys everything.

Check out this clip and images:

== TEASER ==

Of course the second half of the hour is all about Young Justice. In "Performance," the team goes undercover at the Haly International Traveling Circus to locate a thief stealing weapons across Europe. But a thief isn't all they find.

Here's a clip and images from the episode.

Of course that's not all you get in the DC Nation hour. There will also be some animated shorts. How about another episode of S.B.F.F. (Super Best Friends Forever)?

And how about some Animal Man?

Make sure you don't miss out on all of this.

Staff
#1 Posted by zachkastner (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, Animal Man is going to rock. Can't wait for that short!

#2 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

ANIMALMAN cartoon AWESOME

#3 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they release all these DC Nation shorts in a big DVD compilation. I'd buy that in a second.

#4 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE DC NATION. CANT WAIT FOR THE BATMAN SERIES!!!!

#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@zachkastner said:

Right? Looks really terrific!
#6 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

The animal man and batgirl ones are awesome, I wish we had dc nation over here :/

#7 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats why you have the internet my friend

#8 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2004 posts) - - Show Bio

ANIMAL MAN, and Young Justice and Green Lantern!!!

#9 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited for the Batgirl short and for another episode of Young Justice

#10 Posted by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man just made my day

Staff
#11 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

I ONLY want Animalman. and i want it BAD.

CAPS LOCK FOR AUTHENTICITY!!!

#12 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether you watch DC Nation or Marvel Universe, or both like I do, superhero cartoons are in a wonderful age. Not only have 4-6 great shows out right now, but whole blocks of programming geared to it. With behind the scenes looks, animated shorts, and talking to the creators like Joe Quesada and showing him draw the Hulk. This is great stuff. I love Young Justice and Green Lantern, and the Avengers, still watching the second episode of Utlimate Spider-Man but it looks good.

Looks like Animal Man uses CG animation and colors it to look flat, like that show Drinky Crow on Adult Swim used to do and how other shows do it too. Could be wrong though.

So Young Justice so far:

Artemis is the daughter of Sportsmaster and ex criminal Huntress, and sister to Cheshire, but hasn't told her teammates yet because she fears they wont trust her. (even though Batman and Green Arrow already know.)

Red Arrow is back on the team and makes Artemis look like a traitor at every chance he gets.

Miss Martian used her mind powers to knock out her friends and then mind wipe Psimon and then lied about it all when her teammates woke up, all to cover up that she is actually a horrible looking white martian. and she has some secret deal with Queen Bee too.

Superboy went on a secret solo mission and found out there was another clone, and that he himself was cloned from Superman and Lex Luthor. Lex tried to turn Superboy against Superman And that Lex could stop him in his tracks for hours with one word,"Red Sun" and maybe do more than that... (control him turning him against his friends)... but didn't tell his team about it.

Don't know if Robin, Aqualad, or Kid Flash or Zatanna have done anything against their team... yet. None of the kids will be innocent.

But things are going to explode in their faces soon.

#13 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked this one

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio

Get up early? pfffft I have DVR  

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

#15 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a second. What if a kid watches Animal Man, loves it, then tries out the current gore-filled ongoing? 

...wow. Looks awesome though, can't deny that. 

How much of this stuff has made it over to the UK, by the way? I don't have cable at the moment but I don't even remember hearing about Young Justice airing over here.

#16 Posted by DIOMJK (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man the animal man cartoon just looks WONDERFUL. Except I imagine a little kid who decides to pick up the title to get into comics and either gets a trade of the Morrison run or the current Lemire arc and just gets SCARED FOR LIFE.

Still nice to see him get some love. DC has probably realized that while Marvel dominates the movies, DC always beats them in tv, here's hoping for more!

#17 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited about DC Nation! Maybe they can add a Flash Cartoon to the lineup! or another Superman show even.

#18 Posted by fables87 (978 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to finally see Donna Troy on television. Animal Man too.

#19 Posted by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DC Nation.

#20 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

the green lantern animation is great

#21 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man!? In a cartoon!? That's just awesome.

Sure it's only a short...but still, seeing Animal Man on TV for the first time (I think?) is awesome.

#22 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man?!!

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (57959 posts) - - Show Bio

ANIMAL MAN!
BB

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (57959 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zomboid said:

Animal Man!? In a cartoon!? That's just awesome.

Sure it's only a short...but still, seeing Animal Man on TV for the first time (I think?) is awesome.

Animal Man has appeared in JLU.
BB

#25 Posted by BKole (500 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal MAAAAAAN! Freaking genius.

#26 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

That Animal Man cartoon looks awesome.

#27 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

ANIMAL MAN!!! I hope they dont make him out to be to much of a joke.

#28 Posted by Sharkey (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Animal Man, your odd expressions make me laugh!

That picture of the confused Captain Cold is funny as well. :)

#29 Posted by pikahyper (11926 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I'll have to tivo the whole hour just to watch the Animal Man short...

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still chuckling at that Animal Man clip

#31 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, Animal Man!

#32 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Best Friends Forever! lol

#33 Edited by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Saturdays, huh? Okay. I missed having a reason to wake up early Saturdays. Funny, how CN's doing the DC thing and Disney's doing Marvel.

#34 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I was browsing YouTube earlier an saw the BATGIRL SBFF one. The animation looks a bit goofy but cute.

#35 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl looks too grown-up because of her wide hips

#36 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: Megaditto

#37 Posted by The Impersonator (5395 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatClaw89 said:

LOVE DC NATION. CANT WAIT FOR THE BATMAN SERIES!!!!

Are you serious? That new Batsy show looks awful. =P

#38 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Wait a second. What if a kid watches Animal Man, loves it, then tries out the current gore-filled ongoing?

Well, he can still get the older stuff

#39 Posted by kennybaese (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

We live in a world were Animal Man gets a cartoon, guys. WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

Also, it's a little weird he's not in his New 52 costume.

#40 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

I love you Buddy Baker!

#41 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@walkingcarpet said:

We live in a world were Animal Man gets a cartoon, guys. WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! Also, it's a little weird he's not in his New 52 costume.

no one is.

#42 Posted by noj (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope theres some kinda story behind the Young Justice clip. I mean how the hell does DICK GRAYSON screw up on the trapeze while Miss Martians going at it like a pro? Cant wait to see the episode though!

#43 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

I hope theres some kinda story behind the Young Justice clip. I mean how the hell does DICK GRAYSON screw up on the trapeze while Miss Martians going at it like a pro? Cant wait to see the episode though!

I'm wondering the same thing...

#44 Edited by Onemoreposter (4026 posts) - - Show Bio

@walkingcarpet: Thats because his new 52 costume sucks. His show looks awesome though.

I dig the accent on Wonder Girl. It actually makes alot of sense that her, Wonder Woman, and the rest of the Amazons would have mediterranean accents.

#45 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Kid Devil in one of the pics under Young Justice!? If so then this show is unbeatable!! I LOVE YOUNG JUSTICE!!

#46 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@zachkastner said:

This :D

#47 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

Is that Kid Devil in one of the pics under Young Justice!? If so then this show is unbeatable!! I LOVE YOUNG JUSTICE!!

Seems like he's just a performer. Still, at least Blue Devil is in the show, so maybe we'll see him later.

#48 Posted by kennybaese (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

@walkingcarpet said:

We live in a world were Animal Man gets a cartoon, guys. WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! Also, it's a little weird he's not in his New 52 costume.

no one is.

True enough. I guess I hadn't really noticed, but yeah, no one really is. They should probably get on that.

#49 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

The Animal Man short looks the best.

#50 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all these, the Animal Man one I saw at the DC Nation Panel at Wonder Con, and this particular short is funny for what Buddy ends up doing, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.