Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC, let's talk movies.

• 93 results
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

A long time ago, in a galaxy far fa-- wait. Four years ago in this very galaxy, the people of Earth were blessed with Christopher Nolan's film, The Dark Knight. Just making it clear, TDK isn't a movie. It's a masterpiece. A sequel to the lackluster Batman Begins, this masterpiece took every single superhero film including the terrible Batman movies that we got in the 90's and said to them, "Ok, this is how you make a film. Not with cheap effects, not with Ben Affleck or Nic Cage, and not with Bat-Nipples and credit cards."  It reinvented the Joker, and over all, it was just really really really REALLY REALLY good.  Great job, WB. You made a masterpiece out of a comic book character. Congrats.  

Flash forward to 2011. What wonderful superhero movies did we have the pleasure to see? Let's see, Marvel made two Iron Man movies, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, X-Men: First Class, and Captain America. Oh! and all of them (with the exception of X-Men) are gonna tie into this one mega movie called the Avengers! Isn't that neat? Fantastic! Ok DC, what have you done since the epic film masterpiece you made four years ago? Uh... we made a Jonah Hex movie, a Watchmen movie and a GL movie that was pretty ok. ...Wait, you mean to tell me that since 2008, you only made those movies? How much did they make? Together, Jonah Hex, Watchmen and GL made $372,977,887. And Marvel? how much did Iron Man 2 make? In just that one movie we made $ 622,056,974 

Nearly doubled. With one movie. And it's part of a franchise that's done five films in the past four years with the 6th being made as we speak. DC, just what the hell are you doing? 

Unlike Marvel, DC actually owns the rights to all of their characters. That's right, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Captain Marvel are all under one roof. Most of which are A-list characters. And they can, in fact, be in a movie all together as a big happy family. And while they sit on these goldmines, Marvel spits out Captain America and Thor, B and C-List characters compared to Superman and Batman,and they made a lot of money. DC, can we talk man to man here for a sec? 

Make something happen. Do a character crossover. Give Flash a chance. Mention the Daily Planet in the sequel to your terrible Green Lantern movie. JUST DO SOMETHING THAT'S PART OF A BIGGER PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ok, nobody will look down on you if you do. Marvel just thought of it first. It happens, bro.  

I know, you guys are gonna end your Batman film franchise, and Superman is on his way, but if you don't do something soon, people are just gonna laugh at you. In fact, people are still laughing at Jonah Hex.. And GL... and even still Batman and Robin.  

So please, give Wayne Enterprises a mention in Man of Steel. Give the Daily Planet a shout out in GL 2: GL Harder (a name I just made up). Give the Flash and Wonder Woman a fighting chance at the big screen. Hell, it might even be cool to one day maybe see a JLA movie in out bright Avengers filled future.  

Give it a chance DC, life is for the living. And right now, you're about as alive as a block of wood. 

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

Yep, I love DC, I mainly blame WB though. WB doesn't want to take chances on these other heroes because they want to be guaranteed that their movie will be a success, so they bank on Batman & Superman. I hope that one day they'll get their heads out of their asses and give their other heroes a chance, and unite them. And they better make sure that when they have a solid script, they don't change it, GL's early draft script was really good, yet they made so many changes to it and turned GL into an okay movie, when it could've been great.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cosmo111687

I think that DC doesn't translate well into live-action and would do better working on theatrical releases of full-length animated features with WB.

Avatar image for theselfproclaimednerd
    theselfproclaimednerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Amen.  
    DC needs to get on top of it. As much as i love DC, they are failing as far as movies go. I mean let's face it, their characters are more iconic than Marvel's. When somebody mentions Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern or Aquaman, everybody knows what you're talking about (even though Aquaman is made fun of a lot). Hell, most people know what you're talking about if you say the word Shazam!  Most people could even tell you the origin and secret identity of some of these characters, and some might even be able to name a few SIDE CHARACTERS from that hero's universe!!
    For a long time, this wasn't the case with Marvel's characters. Sure, most would recognize names of characters like 'Captain America', 'Iron Man', 'Daredevil', or the 'Fantastic Four', but they probably couldn't identify them, and certainly can't tell you their origins! 
    WIth the success of the movies, this is slowly changing.  
    DC is losing their edge as far as popular consciousness is concerned. It will be impossible to regain unless they change their strategy. Soon.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

Do NOT put Lex Luthor in the Superman movie please. Been there done that.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By agent9149
    @Primmaster64 said:
    yes!!! lets get some doomsday, some brainiac, just somebody else but not that bald headed sociopath
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_tree
    @Primmaster64 said:

Hasn't it already been said that Zod was the villain?
    I'm fine with Lex being there, I'd want him to be a behind the scenes villain, and it to be like a subplot where Lex becomes obsessed with Superman, and starts plotting against him, but doesn't actually do anything until a sequel. And I'd love to see him go toe-to-toe with Superman in his powersuit in a sequel.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @The_Tree said:
    @Primmaster64 said:

Hasn't it already been said that Zod was the villain? I'm fine with Lex being there, I'd want him to be a behind the scenes villain, and it to be like a subplot where Lex becomes obsessed with Superman, and starts plotting against him, but doesn't actually do anything until a sequel. And I'd love to see him go toe-to-toe with Superman in his powersuit in a sequel.
    I agree with every thing you say
    Avatar image for theselfproclaimednerd
    theselfproclaimednerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Luthor's as much a part of the mythos as Lois or Perry. He's Superman's ultimate foil. I don't need him as a main villain, but I think he should be there. Plus we haven't had a PROPER Luthor in the movies yet. Sure, Lex is greedy, but land and money are not his ultimate objectives. Read All-Star Superman for the REAL Luthor. Lex basically wants humanity to thrive by its own means, more specifically, HIS means. HE wants to be the savior of humanity, a man, not some alien freakshow!! THAT is Luthor. 

He is to Superman what Sinestro is to Hal Jordan. He doesn't have to be the center of every story, but he should not be ignored.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By GTG12
    @theselfproclaimednerd

I agree
    Comicfan47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Comicfan47

Wow I knew DC was bad with movies but I didnt realise that bad haha. Iron Man 2 doubled the amount of 3 DC movies haha

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman

Green Lantern could have been a good movie if it was done right.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Agent9149: Exactly.

The only way I would ever accept Luthor in the movie, its if you have either Metallo or Bizarro on it. You don't see the Joker popping out in everything Batman related do you?
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dernman

I would like Luthor in the movie but I wouldn't want him as the main villain. Just let his presence be felt in the movie.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By WildStyle

I think DC's big heroes are flat out harder to translate into film. There is a reason why WB keeps pumping out Batman And Superman movies. WB should  focus on DC's other characters. Blue Beetle (Jaime), Green Arrow, and Suicide Squad could be great with the right directors. Especially Blue Beetle.  

Don't follow Marvels pattern  unless they have a stable of directors who can translate Wonder Woman, The Flash, JLA, etc into quality films. Good films are the key. Word of mouth is strong. We don't want another shitty movie like Green Lantern. Aquaman shouldn't even be considered. If they cant do it, don't worry. DC has plenty of other characters they could focus on instead of obsessing over their iconic ones.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gambit1024
    @The_Tree said:
    Yep, I love DC, I mainly blame WB though. WB doesn't want to take chances on these other heroes because they want to be guaranteed that their movie will be a success, so they bank on Batman & Superman. I hope that one day they'll get their heads out of their asses and give their other heroes a chance, and unite them. And they better make sure that when they have a solid script, they don't change it, GL's early draft script was really good, yet they made so many changes to it and turned GL into an okay movie, when it could've been great.
    I know. In the original script, they even managed to give Superman a shout out. Instead we got... Well, you know what we got. And what's worse is that even when they were thinking about doing a JLA feature, they wanted a rapper to be the Green Lantern. A rapper! I'd rather have Ryan Reynolds be all the characters than some rapper who's never had a serious acting job. It sickens me.  

@cosmo111687 said:
    I think that DC doesn't translate well into live-action and would do better working on theatrical releases of full-length animated features with WB.
    Or even better yet, a DC movie shot in the same style Beowulf was. Who wouldn't wanna see a Wonder Woman or a Hawkman movie shot like that? Hell, Identity Crisis would be fantastic to see as a full length animated feature film on the big screen, now that I see it.  

@theselfproclaimednerd said:
    Amen.  DC needs to get on top of it. As much as i love DC, they are failing as far as movies go. I mean let's face it, their characters are more iconic than Marvel's. When somebody mentions Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern or Aquaman, everybody knows what you're talking about (even though Aquaman is made fun of a lot). Hell, most people know what you're talking about if you say the word Shazam!  Most people could even tell you the origin and secret identity of some of these characters, and some might even be able to name a few SIDE CHARACTERS from that hero's universe!!For a long time, this wasn't the case with Marvel's characters. Sure, most would recognize names of characters like 'Captain America', 'Iron Man', 'Daredevil', or the 'Fantastic Four', but they probably couldn't identify them, and certainly can't tell you their origins! WIth the success of the movies, this is slowly changing.  DC is losing their edge as far as popular consciousness is concerned. It will be impossible to regain unless they change their strategy. Soon.
    Hallelujah sir! That's exactly what I mean. Before Thor's movie, I would bet my life that more people know who Black Manta was before Thor was. It astonishes me that people at WB looked at GL's finished script and said "Boy, this'll make a lot more money than that Iron Man movie a few years back." And in that movie, the only creative construct Hal made was that race car track. Did you know that the only reason they put that in the movie is because Hotwheels wanted to use something for one of their commercial? I Swear! Look it up! 

@Comicfan47 said:
    Wow I knew DC was bad with movies but I didnt realise that bad haha. Iron Man 2 doubled the amount of 3 DC movies haha
    Yup. And it's such a sad thing too because Jonah Hex is actually cool in the comic books, Watchmen just shouldn't have been touched, and GL was just sad.  

@Primmaster64 said:
    I have no idea where this came from, but I agree? lol. I do think he should work as a behind the scenes villain like what was said before.  

@WildStyle said:
    I think DC's big heroes are flat out harder to translate into film. There is a reason why WB keeps pumping out Batman And Superman movies. WB should  focus on DC's other characters. Blue Beetle (Jaime), Green Arrow, and Suicide Squad could be great with the right directors. Especially Blue Beetle.   Don't follow Marvels pattern  unless they have a stable of directors who can translate Wonder Woman, The Flash, JLA, etc into quality films. Good films are the key. Word of mouth is strong. We don't want another shitty movie like Green Lantern. Aquaman shouldn't even be considered. If they cant do it, don't worry. DC has plenty of other characters they could focus on instead of obsessing over their iconic ones.
    I would agree, but if Thor can be translated as well as it was, I think anyone from the JLA stands a chance. Marvel's proved that with the right directors and actors, a great movie-going experience is possible. I know Thor wasn't Marvel's best film, but that movie was fun and full of imagination. Maybe, just maybe with this DC reboot, they can tweak the characters good enough so they can be translated into a respectable film. If Batman can go from George Clooney with bat-nipples to Chris Nolan's masterpiece, anything is possible. And DC gave lesser known characters a shot (Jonah Hex) and they blew it. Flash has never been given an opportunity and he (whether it's Barry, Wally, or even Jay Garrick) would be the easiest and most fun to bring to the silver screen. 
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_tree
    @Gambit1024: Yeah, Parallax's part was actually going to be for Legion from Emerald Dawn, Hector Hammond worked for the FBI instead of being a lame college professor, Guy Gardner had a cameo, and Alan Scott's character got the shaft and was replaced by Amanda Waller. All those things would'be made the movie a lot better, and Hal taking down Legion would actually be believable because Parallax was too big of a bad to be taken out so easily.
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, so someone finally boiled it all down to marketing and the bigger picture. Marvel does not own all of its own movie licenses, since I believe Sony still has its clutches on Spider-Man and X-Men. Every film Marvel made was the same basic construct but with a new hero, new city and set of easter eggs within the stories which were very profitable in the long run because everything felt like an advertisement. Marvel has more ties to the toy companies than any other company, just as Spawn eventually launched a sequence of realistic figures to guarantee a comfortable living for McFarlane. A Justice League movie wouldn't require many tie-ins, explanations and so on, just so long as it's pleasing to the eyes and ears of children, nerds and significant others of nerds alike. The movie industry is a tough medium altogether.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

Batman Begins was not lackluster.  >__> It was awesome.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dernman

I don't have hope of a JLA movie being any good but what they could do is have the JLA movie then have the spin offs of singular characters.
    Kind of the opposite of what marvel did.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dernman: Which is what I proposed Marvel did with Dr. Strange and the Defenders, and yet people disagreed because apparently Iron Man set the standard for team movies (never mind that X-Men has been around for a while).

gibson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gibson

Well, I am going to disagree about Dark Knight being a master piece, I have blogged about it before.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/dark-knighted-being-fooled-into-proclaiming-greatness/627730/

And i am going to disagree with referring to Thor and Captain America being B and C list characters.  Avengers characters are Marvel flagship stock (Save Spiderman who is owned by Paramount, but that is another discussion.)  And outside of comic fans, only Bats Supes and occasionally Wonder Woman is known and that is thanks to Linda Carter and her perennial hotness..

But my points are tone, continuity and fear.

Continuity: DC films doesn't have any. And it better get some soon. Warner Bros just lost their biggest cash cow in Harry Potter. And after Nolan is done with TDKR they will loose that as well. DC flicks just do not tie intogether. How many Metropolis lines were dropped in Batman movies? Or Gotham in Superman Returns? Did Green Lantern (my most beloved comic character) even reference Keystone City or some crazy amazonian showing up in a city somewhere? Nope. Each film stands ALONE and alone is where they will remain until they tie their franchises into a larger whole. Hell even in Captain America at the Stark Expo there was a throw away shot of the original Human Torch in a glass tube! Let alone you Steve Rodgers was at STARK Expo. 

My other point is tone. DC's answer is 'dark and gritty'. And guess what? That does not always sell. for a character like Batman it is fine. But after the relative flop of GL the Exec VPs said the next will be 'Darker'. Ugh. Marvel flicks are well lit, good color, good pacing and the tone is set for mass media to enjoy. Also, they are just good films. (Iron Man 2 kinda sucked, but hey cannot win them all). 

Green Lantern tried to rest it's hopes on a formula story, too much CGI and mostly Ryan Reynolds star power. And it did not work. So much so that DC now fears a loss if they were to make a Flash movie, or WW.  

Lastly is fear. DC fears being seen as a Marvel copy cat if they were to try same business model of independent character movies, with tie ins, for an team saga, i.e. Avengers. They have stated in the past they were not going to try this. Why not? 

I wish DC/Warner Bros well. I love comics and i love movies. Maybe they should have gotten Samuel L. Jackson?

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Or35ti
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    This. Also I think the reason Marvel is stomping DC in the movie biz is because they're taking risks. When Marvel dished out Iron Man, who at the time few non-followers new, they made him the talk of the town. Now with Captain America and Thor and the Avengers coming up they are raising more hype than ever because they took the risk of recreating the Marvel U in the form of cinema. They're even in talks of making a Doctor Strange movie and a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, who are B-list titles at best even in the comics universe (no hate for either titles, love them both!). What DC (or Warner Bros.) needs to do is stop treating every superhero movie like it's just another rom-com. The new Batman franchise was an exception to this but that should further teach DC what they can accomplish with a new and fresh and quite genius writer/director like Nolan and a respectable actor like Bale. DC has so much potential but if they rush everything like Green Lantern felt then it's just not going to work. Maybe even pull in some comic writers now to adapt some of their works. Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison would write killer Green Lantern and Superman screenplays, don't ya think?
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

Lack luster Batman Begins? Are you on something? It was as good maybe even better than the Dark Knight...

But I guess I agree with everything else.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Just wondering but how would every one feel if Nolan was put in charge of all the DC moves?

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I completely disagree about The Dark Knight; it's the exact opposite of what I want from a Batman movie. It was boring, had a terrible pace, had bad acting, and lacked humor. It didn't reinvent the Joker at all, he was given no origin and was a one dimensional character. Nolan proved with that film that he doesn't care for the source material and as a result we'll never good another good Batman movie like Batman Begins if Nolan is still directing. Nolan tries too hard to place Batman in an ultra realistic world and really stars to lose sight of what makes the world of Batman so interesting. As much of a DC fan as I am I just don't think there is anybody at Warner Bros who has much of an idea on how to make any of the characters work in a live-action world. The last DC film I particularly liked was Superman Returns. Also Batman Begins was the superior to TDK but Batman Forever is still the best Batman film to me and George Clooney is actually one of my favorite live-action Batmans. 

Still if Thor worked well than I want to see Aquaman on the big screen with the beard and all. Same with Wonder Woman, she can work on the big screen. because Thor worked. DC seems to reluctant to get new directors and is instead relying solely on Christopher Nolan to make money for them. Like somebody said above me, DC films don't have a continuity which is pretty stupid because Marvel has one and they've had quite a bit of success with it. Once TDKR comes out I hope they get to work on planning a Justice League and finding a new Batman and new director for a new Batman series.

tbone1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By tbone1225

DC also doesn't translate as well into a conglomerate world. Though there are plenty of things that bring these heroes together like the Justice League, it is superficial compared to Marvel. Marvel's conglomerate universe works better because their main franchises (with the exception of Spider-Man) are teams: Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers. DC features stand-alone heroes that occasionally fight together. When you talk DC you talk individual comic books (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash). I think the reason they haven't tied them together in a greater universe is the same reason we haven't seen a Batman/Superman movie. They work well apart, but we lose a bit of these characters when they're put in the same place. That's why they all live in separate cities. They might as well be separate universes.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gambit1024
    @InnerVenom123 said:

It was good, but I felt is was boring as all hell.  

@Dernman said:
    I don't have hope of a JLA movie being any good but what they could do is have the JLA movie then have the spin offs of singular characters. Kind of the opposite of what marvel did.
    I'd be alright with that. Just make something of a franchise with these goldmines of characters.  

@gibson: Agree to disagree on TDK, but when you're comparing Superman and Batman to Thor (before his film) he was a C-lister. A B-Lister at best. I'll give Captain America the benefit of the doubt, but no way was Thor as well known as Superman. And Spidey's owned by Columbia/Sony just like Ghost Rider. My point on continuity is that they CAN do it. For some reason, they just won't. In Superman: Birthright, Clark's mom mentions something about a nutcase in Gotham who wears a mask. In Batman: Year One, Alfred mentions something about a flying man in Metropolis. It's possible, but they just wont do it! When Marvel has Samuel L. Jackson tying the movies together, DC needs a character that can do the same thing (Amanda Waller, Oracle, just someone.) I agree with your point on tone, though. Iron Man wasn't dark and gritty in the least, but it made cash, didn't it? And, yeah, Iron Man 2 wasn't so great, but it made BANK. DC really shouldn't care about being "copy cats". Movie studios do that kind of thing ALL THE TIME. Marvel just had a good idea first. I wouldn't look down on DC for doing the same.  

@spiderbat87
    said:
    Just wondering but how would every one feel if Nolan was put in charge of all the DC moves?
    I'll have an answer when Man of Steel comes out. Apparently he's executive producer or something like that. 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Gambit1024: We got a lot of Superman villains that need a spotlight...Why should Lex Luthor appear in every movie?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Primmaster64: Because Lex is just as important to the Superman mythos as Lois Lane is. I don't think he should be a villain in every movie, but he should be included in the overall plot. 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Gambit1024: And that's where we have a problem.If Lex is part of the Superman family, so should be Cyborg Superman dude. We really need to step away from that bald man and use the incredible awesome villains Superman has. Jesus, why can't we use Doomsday, Metallo, Bizarro, Conduct, Ultraman, Tirano, Darkseid, Preus, Parasite, Toyman, ect? They are also Superman villains. And a lot of people are tired of seeing Lex Luthor. He should be put down to rest for a while at least. You don't see the Joker popping out in everything Batman related nor Venom or  Green Goblin in everything Spider-Man related.
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bearded Justice

Ehhh Watchmen was rated R that's a complete different ballpark.  There's just not nearly the same audience potential there. 

Look, Marvel is just more popular right now in the media.  That's just how it is.  I'm not happy about it, but there's no use crying over poor films.  DC dominated the film industry for a few decades there and now it's time for them to gracefully step aside.  I doubt there's much they could do too, without immediately being called copycats.   

but, if I were in charge... I'd just do a Justice League movie, or a Justice Society movie if I really wanted to be a fanboy.  I'd say, "Man, it's not my fault if the non-comicbook reading public don't know these characters.  Screw them!"  Oh, and I would make it disturbingly close to the comics.   
    Very few movies ever lose money, what with DVD sales and all that fun stuff.  Stop worrying about the money.  Stop worrying about what the dickheads will think, and just make the damn movie you want to make.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

I still say Jonah Hex needs another shot, but this time done right, drop all that non sense about him talking to dead people and make it an actual western, just have our disfigured bada$$ bounty hunter going after a bounty, make it R rated and if at all possible keep out any supernatural involvement or at least minimize it, cause I know Hex occasionally deals with the supernatural but save that for the sequels 

gibson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gibson

At least DC ownes Marvell when it comes to the Animated universe. DC Animated are just far far better for the most part. Better acted, better animation. Better stories. I liked the new Avengers cartoon (that theme song rocks) but it didnt get good until the end. While Young Justice, Batman Animated, Superman Animated, JLA, Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, Batman Begins and the slew of direct to  DVD animated movies rocked! Hell that Wonder Woman animated movie was so good it made u care about her. 

Marvel animated are ok, but compared to DC, DC is the master. 

Hell, the Batman: Under the Red Hood flick captured the essence of the Batman mythos more than Nolan ever has (possibly ever could)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#36  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @theselfproclaimednerd said:
    I think Luthor's as much a part of the mythos as Lois or Perry. He's Superman's ultimate foil. I don't need him as a main villain, but I think he should be there. Plus we haven't had a PROPER Luthor in the movies yet. Sure, Lex is greedy, but land and money are not his ultimate objectives. Read All-Star Superman for the REAL Luthor. Lex basically wants humanity to thrive by its own means, more specifically, HIS means. HE wants to be the savior of humanity, a man, not some alien freakshow!! THAT is Luthor.  He is to Superman what Sinestro is to Hal Jordan. He doesn't have to be the center of every story, but he should not be ignored.
    this. dont make him the bad guy in every movie but you cant just ignore him
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: Of course we can :D
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Na he should be in the movie just not the main bad guy. It would be like not having Lois Lane n the film just because her and supes aren't together.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Primmaster64
    @spiderbat87: So I guess we should have the Green Goblin or Venom in every Spider-Man movie or the Joker in every Batman movie? Sorry if I sound like I dick, but this is how I see it. I just don't wanna see Lex. Superboy , Power Girl and Supergirl along with Krypto, Eradicator or Steel aren't gonna be in the movie. Hell Cyborg Superman is part of the Superman family and he ain't gonna appear in the movie. Just let him sit this one out at least.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Primmaster64 said:
    no way. Lex's rivalry with Supes is an essential part of Superman mythos. not having him in at least one movie in the series would be outright disrespectful. 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: I think we can manage a Superman movie without Lex. I'm tired with that guy...he's been done to death. Let him sit this one out.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @spiderbat87: So I guess we should have the Green Goblin or Venom in every Spider-Man movie or the Joker in every Batman movie? Sorry if I sound like I dick, but this is how I see it. I just don't wanna see Lex. Superboy , Power Girl and Supergirl along with Krypto, Eradicator or Steel aren't gonna be in the movie. Hell Cyborg Superman is part of the Superman family and he ain't gonna appear in the movie. Just let him sit this one out at least.
    We already know its gong to be Zod anyway but the point is Lex is part of the Superman story as much as Clark, Lois, Jimmy and Perry he is in the cast of characters not just a villain that pops up now and again. Even f he is involved it does not mean that none of the other villains wont turn up, like I said he wont be the main bad guy. Like how he was in Smallville, he wasn't the main "freak of the week" every time but he was part of the over all story.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Primmaster64
    @spiderbat87: Don't get me started on Zod..recycled villain...They should have used Brainiac...and like I mentioned before....The only way I see Lex on it if we have either Metallo or Bizarro as the villains since he was the one that created them. Other than that they should really let him sit this movie out....A lot of people are sick of Lex man. As for the family, Superboy, Supergirl, PG, Steel, Eradicator, and even Hank Henkshaw are part of it....and I won't see them on the film...sadly.....But I really would have liked either Mongul, Brainiac, Darkseid or Doomsday in a film.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @Gambit1024: And that's where we have a problem.If Lex is part of the Superman family, so should be Cyborg Superman dude. We really need to step away from that bald man and use the incredible awesome villains Superman has. Jesus, why can't we use Doomsday, Metallo, Bizarro, Conduct, Ultraman, Tirano, Darkseid, Preus, Parasite, Toyman, ect? They are also Superman villains. And a lot of people are tired of seeing Lex Luthor. He should be put down to rest for a while at least. You don't see the Joker popping out in everything Batman related nor Venom or  Green Goblin in everything Spider-Man related.
    Cyborg Superman isnt remotely essential to the mythos though. he's had a handful of superman fights of course but these days he's more of a GL villain if anything. and no one on this thread has ever said that he has to be the villain of every movie or even most of them so why do you feel the need to act like people are going "ZOMG, LEX LUTHOR SHOULD BE THE ONLY PERSON SUPERMAN EVER FIGHTS!!!". Its possible for Lex to be in movies without even being a major player. 
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Primmaster64 said:

@spiderbat87: Don't get me started on Zod..recycled villain...They should have used Brainiac...and like I mentioned before....The only way I see Lex on it if we have either Metallo or Bizarro as the villains since he was the one that created them. Other than that they should really let him sit this movie out....A lot of people are sick of Lex man. As for the family, Superboy, Supergirl, PG, Steel, Eradicator, and even Hank Henkshaw are part of it....and I won't see them on the film...sadly.....But I really would have liked either Mongul, Brainiac, Darkseid or Doomsday in a film.

Henshaw is not family. he shares some dna which makes a relative AT BEST. 

when  Gambit mentioned "family"  he means the essential cast of the superman mythos. not exclusively biological relatives. 

and for the record we did see supergirl and steel in movies and well......the studios f%^*#d that up.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: LOL I'm sounding like an anti-Lex guy...which I probably am.I just don't really want him in the movie overall man. And this is coming from one of the biggest Superman fans in the site. We need to use the other villains without Lex Luthor interfering. And Yes Hank is still a Superman villain. And yes I really hate the fact that they made him a GL villain like Mongul. Just like to see a movie where Superman punches someone and Lex ain't in it.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Brainiac is a bit much to use in the first film though and there is noway they should use Darkseid. and having Superboy turn up with no Lex would be weird also Supergirl should not be in the first film, it takes away Kal's uniqueness. 
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: He is...and yes...those where horrible...sadly.

@spiderbat87
    So you're saying use Lex first, then Brainiac....the Darkseid?
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: He is...and yes...those where horrible...sadly.

@spiderbat87: So you're saying use Lex first, then Brainiac....the Darkseid?
    he's not family. there's more to family then genetics. and while he may still be an enemy he still has had a much larger effect on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern corp ie destroying his hometown and everyone in it /driving him insane and all that. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.