DC is officially better than Marvel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been a Marvel fan my entire life, often thinking of DC as stupid. However, this past year DC is dominating for me. The new 52 is mostly awesome and the lower prices mean I can buy more books. I have no desire to buy a marvel book right now, while I can not wait for the new DC releases every week. Who is with me?

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome my friend to TEAM DC

and for the record Dc was always officially better than Marvel you just didn't know it yet

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, Marvel has been just floating there while DC has been backstroking against the current.

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns & Didio's brainwashing is working. Just kidding, to each their own.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11703 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
Johns & Didio's brainwashing is working. Just kidding, to each their own.
as apposed to Bendis & Quesada's : )
#6 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Should fit in well then here at DCfanboyVine

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. It's this thread again.

#8 Posted by Jane McClane (201 posts) - - Show Bio

WIN

#9 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has always been better. I'm glad you have finally figured this out. However, Marvel got me to buy a book for the first time since I tried (and hated) Fear Itself last week. So they're doing a little something now.

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgive me, I like both.

#11 Posted by Whisper_ (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Forgive me, I like both.

^

#12 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Forgive me, I like both.

#13 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Whisper_ said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Forgive me, I like both.

^

Even though they both like to step on my genitals and skull-f*** me with their frequent terribleness.  

But yeah, love both, though in a clinch I say DC. 
#14 Posted by SC (11937 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been a giant cougars fan my entire life, often thinking of girls my own age under 7 foot tall as stupid. However, this past year male midgets are dominating for me. I have no desire to date very tall women in their 70's and 80's right now, while I can not wait for any movies starring Verne Troyer, and uhm, that new English comedy with that Willow guy? Now who is with me

Okay, less seriously, its always good to see a person's taste expand. Maybe next stop? Indie comics. 

#15 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you don't know how to use the word officially properly.

Sad, what with this being a website devoted to a written art form.

#16 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

This year for DC, but marvel has been been better for more years than DC.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio

Better is a matter of opinion so nothing can ever really be officially better than anything but IMO currently DC is doing better than Marvel but overall I still prefer Marvel and once Quesada and all his flunkies remove their stain from Marvel hopefully things will improve

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (56851 posts) - - Show Bio

Always been DC for me. I don't find any character from Marvel to be interesting and DC=DC(n)U+Vertigo+Wildstorm, they win.
BB

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

Forgive me, I like both.

^
#20 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont get me wrong, I like both as well. I bought the new X-force today. But I also bought the new Green Lantern and Batman and Robin. Marvel has one book where I need to see what happens next, where DC has that in all the new books. I read, Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, Batman, Batman and Robin, JL, JLI, Nightwing, Action Comics, Superman, Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians. I have bought every issue of every one of those. I barely can pay my rent, but I love these new 52 books. All the characters have such a fresh bad a$$ take to them. I mean Green Lantern today, UNBELIEVABLE, Batman and Robin today, UNBELIEVABLE. They are soooooooooo damn good. Bad ass action, awesome writing, great art, suspensful endings. While the best Marvel book out imo, Xforce, is just kinda meh. Plus what do I have to look forward to in Marvel, A horrible drawn avenging spiderman? The only marvel stuff I want to read is the new scarlet spider, which they ruined by taking away his blue shirt, and the avengers book. The rest looks like junk. Im just saying, that DC is dominating right now. Dominating.

#21 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I started off with Marvel and ended up at DC as well. Not reading any Marvel books at the minute.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio

Always been DC for me. I don't find any character from Marvel to be interesting and DC=DC(n)U+Vertigo+Wildstorm, they win.
BB

This, however i will admit Spider-Man does have a special spot in my heart
#23 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

To each their own. Both sides put out a lot crap but Marvel to me has been consistently better for the long run.

I have to say I am enjoying Action Comics even though I was trying very hard to hate it.

#24 Posted by Superguy0009e (2258 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both

Want realism, go to Marvel

Want to be lost in fiction, go to DC

want a parody/original material, go to Image

etc

#25 Posted by Superguy0009e (2258 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj2DeadPool: also, try the moon knight series or the new ult spidey, both pretty good

#26 Posted by inferiorego (20577 posts) - - Show Bio

Both companies are the same. They both have times of creating greatness and times of garbage.

Right now, DC is better.

In a few years, Marvel will be better.

Repeat forever.

Staff
#27 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Whisper_ said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Forgive me, I like both.

^

#28 Posted by benjoe11 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Both companies are the same. They both have times of creating greatness and times of garbage.

Right now, DC is better.

Repeat forever.

^

#29 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at the Moon Night suggestion. A batman ripoff with multiple personalitys? uh no. I am curious to read the Daredevil book, and Ultimate Spiderman is kinda cool. I loved it when he died from blood loss picking up that truck. Im not sure I like the new ultimate spiderman though. I just do not want to give Marvel that extra dollar to read or try new books though. I feel like they are stealing from me lol. I mean if DC can help me out, what the hell is Marvels problem. And the stones they had charging 5 bucks for that crappy fear itself 7. We dont even get to see Ironmans armor or what the cool new costumes do. What a jip.

#30 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate them. I Hate 'em Hate 'em Hate 'em! They got rid of the Flash I grew up with. I like Barry, I like him a lot. The only one I really don't like is Bart. But Wall-man.

#31 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Right now, DC is better.

Repeat forever.

While I agree I also disagree.

DC is doing better at the moment because they have been sitting by the sidelines watching mistakes after mistakes from both companies. This relaunch did more than just create a new continuity -- it created a new foundation for comic books. Marvel on the other hand is still left behind. I think they will follow the trend soon enough because Marvel is a company and they also want money.

Will Marvel be better? They need to look at the past to see what does work and doesn't work. They're still doing lazy events. I feel like events are lazy when creators look at characters and asks themselves how they get characters to fight. If it is a crossover that deals with story its fine because its interesting and only lasts two issues. But Marvel has been making six issue events that pits team against team and none of them have been interesting enough to say any of them had a good story.

Do I think they will change that? No. Because that is what Marvel does. They like to put hypothetical situations pleasing themselves and fans of hypothetical situations. Fans that ask the "What if?" questions. DC tries to pull something out of thin air but Marvel likes to be cluttered. They both have their faults because of that. Marvel has less creativity because everything has been done before or it ends up seeming repetitive. DC on the other hand can easily drop the ball with a bad idea. In the end it all depends on the management. The creative teams are personal preference so I don't really think that matters.

BTW I just revived this thread :D

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like to pick favourites. DC has some incredible titles, as does Marvel. Each have their strengths and faults.

#33 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of DC or Marvel I go by character. That little logo on the book means nothing. Especially when so many writers have written for both companies. I do prefer the DC universe as a whole though. As long as I get my Punisher and my Wonder Woman every month than It's all good in the hood........and a suburb of Phoenix where I actually live =)

#34 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

thers is about 10 titles from marvel i read, and i think about 40 from DC since the new 52, but ive been reading DC since 2010 so idk if i qualify for "DC has changed my view on comics"

#35 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares?

#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27273 posts) - - Show Bio
@HotSauceCommittee said:
Should fit in well then here at DCfanboyVine
yea, coz ya know, anybody who prefers DC over Marvel is instantly a fanboy
#37 Posted by Saren (24292 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer DC but it's not like both don't have their ups and downs.

#38 Posted by SC (11937 posts) - - Show Bio

Officially 2012 is all about Objectophilia. Telephone boxes, clock radios and Iphones are simply better. I found even though male midgets were the best, they still talked, unless you poured copious amounts of concrete over them after covering their little telepathic bodies with tin foil (make sure you get a permit from your local city council) and so I have moved on to an even better product, since lets face it, most things that talk know Jill about Jack, and only expel a string of syllable's from their mouths or fingers as it were to justify weird real life bias's and sick personal preferences that are clearly wrong.  

Make Mine Toaster, 52 Fax Like Objects attached to the Wall, Take one down and pass it around. 

#39 Posted by TurianAgent (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both Marvel and DC, but DC knows how to price their stuff at 2.99.

#40 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

actually after recent events they both made me want to avoid them. Boom Studios is more worth my interest so is Archie and perhaps I should read the Ninja Turtles.

#41 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio
@TurianAgent:  

I like both Marvel and DC, but DC knows how to price their stuff at 2.99

Would you say they are...drawing the line at that price?
#42 Posted by GreenGoblin (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has many quality comics. DC has only Batman.

#43 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Forgive me, I like both.

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

@GreenGoblin said:

This is entirely your opinion and you'll find that most don't agree with you. I can name at least five seriously quality DC comics (currently ongoing) off the top of my head and even more that have been canceled in the past.

#45 Posted by GreenGoblin (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@GreenGoblin said:

This is entirely your opinion and you'll find that most don't agree with you. I can name at least five seriously quality DC comics (currently ongoing) off the top of my head and even more that have been canceled in the past.

What are some good DC comics to buy? I've tried GL comics but I don't like them much.

#46 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of the DC reboot, I am now trying out a few DC comics. Before I could only get into Marvel, I felt daunted by the idea of reading a back log of comic.

#47 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

Instead of DC or Marvel I go by character. That little logo on the book means nothing. Especially when so many writers have written for both companies. I do prefer the DC universe as a whole though. As long as I get my Punisher and my Wonder Woman every month than It's all good in the hood........and a suburb of Phoenix where I actually live =)

also this.

#48 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

HAHA! 

I still wear my Marvel heart on my sleeve.
#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

@GreenGoblin said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@GreenGoblin said:

What are some good DC comics to buy? I've tried GL comics but I don't like them much.

What are you more into? Outright superheroics (Superman/Batman/GL) or more anti-hero stuff (Aquaman, Batwoman, Birds of Prey). There's also the magical spectrum of things, the Vertigo spectrum and a few others. There are so many different things for so many different people.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.