Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC has left New York

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vivide
    No Caption Provided

http://www.comicsbeat.com/goodbye-1700-dcs-new-york-offices-close-for-good-today/

"DC Comics has been part of New York City — and vice versa — for decades,"

"It's never easy to say goodbye but we are excited about the future and everything it holds."

" New York won't be quite the same without a DC Comics, and as a New Yorker whose life was shaped by his city and by the DC offices, I can be sad about that."

No Caption Provided

Have a great time in Burbank DC and keep making good books, thank heavens you did not land in San FernandoFransisco

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

???????

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice to know that DC and Marvel actually respect each other. The fanbases ... Not so much

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So, I take it the main offices are now in California. Well, I guess it could help the movie and television branches coordinate better with the comic source material.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vivide

@penguindust: DC says they do not want to join everything in one continuity like marvel, they want to give writers free reign (don't like that though)

Nice to know that DC and Marvel actually respect each other. The fanbases ... Not so much

just pawns in the game of companies

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: I didn't really mean one continuity. Just that if the live-action writers or production staff (costuming, make-up, set design, etc...) have questions, it's easier to just drive over to DC HQ for answers or inspiration. Teleconferencing can only take you so far.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel and dc need each other

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're coming back. One way or the other.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

marvel and dc need each other

No.

Yes.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine if DC and Marvel were people instead of companies...... Marvel would be like:Will miss you.....Bitch!!!!

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Kinda sad. Comics have so much history with New York. It would be so weirder if Marvel left for California or some other state too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@impervious:

They have good relationship between each company´s staff (not couting with the movies). Fanbases wars is stupid lost war, people accept the similarities and differences.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kinda sad. Comics have so much history with New York. It would be so weirder if Marvel left for California or some other state too.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

@crazyscarecrow: Yeah but for Marvel it's different, because most of the characters actually live in New York, that's where the Avengers are based, it's where the X-Men used to be based, it's where the Fantastic Four are based... Marvel and New York are so closely connected it would be ridiculous to move them out of that city.

DC on the other hand... Superman is from Metropolis, Batman is from Gotham, Wonder Woman is from Themyscira, Flash from Central City, Green Lantern from Coast City, Aquaman from Atlantis, and the Justice League base is in space. DC have nowhere near the amount of connections to New York that Marvel does. In fact, I may be wrong but I'm not sure there are ANY DC heroes who live in New York, but Green Lantern at least lives in California, so if anything DC are moving closer to somewhere they have a character based.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the reason for the move in the first place?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. they moved

@crazyscarecrow: Yeah but for Marvel it's different, because most of the characters actually live in New York, that's where the Avengers are based, it's where the X-Men used to be based, it's where the Fantastic Four are based... Marvel and New York are so closely connected it would be ridiculous to move them out of that city.

DC on the other hand... Superman is from Metropolis, Batman is from Gotham, Wonder Woman is from Themyscira, Flash from Central City, Green Lantern from Coast City, Aquaman from Atlantis, and the Justice League base is in space. DC have nowhere near the amount of connections to New York that Marvel does. In fact, I may be wrong but I'm not sure there are ANY DC heroes who live in New York, but Green Lantern at least lives in California, so if anything DC are moving closer to somewhere they have a character based.

TT were/or located in San Francisco. So yeah.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. they moved

@minisaladfresh said:

TT were/or located in San Francisco. So yeah.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

During the New Teen Titans the Teen Titans were based out of New York City. It was the home of the first Titan's Tower. The second one was built in San Francisco in the early 2000's. The Justice Society was also based out in New York.

I do know that Wonder Woman spent sometime being a resident hero there as well.

Gotham City was very much based on New York City and Gotham was even a common nickname for the city before Batman was created. Metropolis is also partially based on New York.

THE_JOKER51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By THE_JOKER51

@minisaladfresh said:

I always thought of Gotham as DC's fantasy version of New York, it's at least the city I always think of when reading Batman. Metropolis meanwhile always reminded me of Chicago, given it's proximity to Kansas (Smallville.)

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_joker51: Funny you should say that, Bob Kane apparently intended Gotham to be a dark, sinister version of New York. However, since then it's been shown that New York exists in the DC Universe so clearly Gotham and New York are separate cities.

DC did once publish a map of the USA with the important cities pinpointed. Gotham is in New Jersey, Metropolis is in Delaware, Central City is in Ohio, and Coast City is in California.

I'm sure there are several continuity problems with that, but that's the official story.

Interesting that you picture Metropolis as Chicago too, since the Gotham in The Dark Knight Trilogy was actually Chicago.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: I need to see this map. I always thought of Metropolis as being Chicago though being located somewhere in maybe Ohio since that is where Siegel and Shuster are from. I even believe that early on they called Superman's home city, Cleveland. I knew that about Gotham being New York though it was decided that it was New Jersey. Central City I always thought it would be somewhere in between Kansas and Missouri. I thought it was suppose to be the fictional Kansas City.

There was also a map that shown Smallville being in Maryland.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: The original New Teen Titans series had them based in New York City. Also Wonder Woman was in New York for awhile though Wonder Woman seem to jump from place to place. She really needs to settle down somewhere.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Warmer weather, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.