Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC finished? They’re coming out fighting.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

DC/WB are getting there. Just be patient DC fans! More movies will come soon enough

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jphu8414: considering 5 TV Shows and 2 Movies confirmed I would say it's going to be a great time to be a DC fan

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Jphu8414

@timelord: Indeed! The small screen has been a treat for DC fans, and even more of them are on the way

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

The biggest problem that I have with that article is that the author either through ignorance or dishonesty neglects to mention that it isn't DC who gets to decide which properties get adapted to the big screen but rather WB. This is an important distinction because the author later on claims that DC has more flexibility than Marvel. Marvel has much more creative flexibility, just because they have plans laid out until 2028, doesn't mean they can't adjust, however DC really can't do anything, the only thing they can do is just nudge WB and hope they do something.

That's not to say WB/DC is going to lose, and frankly I'm not a big fan of the whole WB/DC v.s. Marvel thing because I love both universes and I just and to see great adaptations whether on the big screen or on TV.

I will say though that if WB/DC does want to come out on top, they can't have guys like Snyder and Goyer in charge of creating it.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I don't care about the movies or TV shows.

They messed up big time when they scrapped the old universe and changed everything with their ridiculous "New 52 Universe" garbage.

As a result I do not buy the comic books.

I do not waste money on their movies.

I do not waste money on their TV shows.

I do not waste money on any other tie in products.

They do not get any money from me or my family.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the new52 is what got me into comic books, and I really like DC, Yeah! Go DC!

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammertron: seriously? I guess trying to reorganize a comic for a newer generation is a bad idea. Lets just keep the same story lines for 70 years running so anybody wanting to jump on wont understand anything. Comics become way to jumbled after decades of writing so a series wide change is a good time for new writers and new ideas to happen

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mogo1: that's not true at all. There are new jumping on points all the time without throwing out all of continuity.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about the movies or TV shows.

They messed up big time when they scrapped the old universe and changed everything with their ridiculous "New 52 Universe" garbage.

I'm pretty sure people were saying this exact same thing when Crisis on Infinite Earths came out...

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammertron: If you don't watch DC movies, don't watch DC TV shows and don't read DC comics... what are you doing in the DC forum? Don't think I'm being hostile or anything but... why?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The article kind of annoyed me because it seemed like the guy writing had done little to no research at all. He kept calling it "Batman vs Superman" instead of the actual title; I wouldn't expect him to type out "Dawn of Justice" every time, but at least use "v" instead of "vs"

Also he didn't seem to have any idea what BvS was about. He was saying Aquaman is in it, which is still only a rumour, he was saying Wonder Woman *might* be in it, when that was confirmed months before the article was written, and he seemed to be under the impression that it is just a film about Batman and Superman fighting each other for two hours.

Also... why would DC be finished? I'm pretty sure the Batman comic is selling better than any Marvel series, fans seem to love Arrow while Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has struggled to build up much of a fanbase, and while MoS didn't do amazingly well, it's been less than two years since Christopher Nolan's Batman movies were making a killing for WB/DC

Did anybody actually think "this is the end for DC Comics" when Iron Man 3 came out? I seriously doubt it...

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

dc/wb is dead in water for me. assault on arkham was the last straw for animated movies, i'm done. tv shows are either p0rn for chicks or dumb. animated tv shows dead as well after beware the crappy batman show. and after mos and the teams working on their other movies ...... no. dc will kill the superhero movie craze.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.