Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Destined to fail..

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xargo

First of all, lets me makes it very lear I'm not biased to any choice of either DC or marvel but recently i can't help but feel that all DC's resources are failing, its as if everything DC did after "young justice" was terrible

the new 52 was horrible this reboot managed to ruin pretty much most of DC's main characters

lets start with JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR, watching justice league: war, was a terrible experience they made superman a condescending jerk, wonder woman a ignorant savage (with a TERRIBLE voice actress by the way), captain marvel was hurriedness vomit in this film, and yes CAPTAIN MARVEL thats what he's called not shazam, and why was he a thief in this movie?? i thought captain marvel was supposed to be a good guy not a dumbass, the others were ok..well for what i new of them but cyborgs a titan not a J leaguer thats the way its SUPPOSED to be!, and see ? this is the problem with giving Martian Manhunter his own league on the one hand…. the new 52 made him look badass by giving him his own league and making him a kind of slightly more extreme superman and having his own confrontations with the just league, THE PROBLEM WITH THIS is movie makers will now no longer view him as part of the main league so thanks new 52, you've pretty much f**ked over any chance of j'onn getting his own movie/animated movie and the action of justice league: war was one of the few good things about it!..so imagine what they could have done with MMH, although on saying they action was good they'ed pretty much ruined darkseid as made him look weak as hell, getting stabbed in the eyes losing his ability to regenerate and not have him even draw blood on wonder woman was awful, the fight would have seemed a lot better had it been a closer one and our heroes were..ya know..ACTUALLY WOUNDED!…so all in all pretty terrible film that ruined great characters (also that brief fight between batman and superman was pretty good too mostly because it was a realistic take on it for once!).

JL:THRONE OF ATLANTIS wasn't much better, this one didn't even feel like a movie at this point what made the post crisis DC animated films so great is..for once they had badass intro like this >

now did we get that from thrones of Atlantis ? or war ?..no we didn't. One of the few unique things about this film is its an aquaman movie something thats rarely (if ever) been seen and despite making him the main character they made him seen more bland and boring than we'v ever seen I'm before he just goes from action piece to action piece with a real lacking of a sense of drama also they were dumb enough to cut out best line of the story (I AM YOUR KING!!) D:< in short very not worth watching but it only gets worse….

son of batman WAS BY FAR THE WORST, riddle me this how does one ruin of cool badass type of character like slade ?….have him get stabbed in the eye by a 9 year old, now damian wayne as always been an ass but this is just a little brat with a sword and mean this movie had literally nothing going for it bad voice work in the sense of poorly chosen voice actors unlikable version of the characters even ruining death stroke so ultimately a forgettable film……hmm.. you know I'm staring to be grateful thats they didn't attempted to make a martian manhunter animated movie..they'd only f**k it up at this point.

Now lets talk about MAN OF STEEL these films may be in the wrong order in terms of time frame but still, now I'm actually one of the few fans that really liked man of steel thats not to say its not without flaws (few they may be) and SPOILER ALERT superman killing zod really isn't that bad in a cinematic universe especially when he's out of options besides the only reason characters survive in comics is so that writer an use the again at later points, but films aren't like that theres usually only about 2 or 3 before a reboot these days (which are usually terrible from what iv heard anyway) so theres really less of a sense of value when it comes to villains…but i digress..man of steel was a very shadowy film (that is to say its lacking in colour to a certain degree) and while there were a few cheesily delivered lines there was a certain amount of emotional depth to the characters, although the love between lois and clerk WAS COMPLETELY FORCED but i liked that they didn't include that "lois is too stupid to figure out clarks superman" the same can't be said for the others as no ones seen him up close yet, so over all pretty good in my opinion but i have to ask WHERE WAS SUPERMANS BREATH POWERS like what the hell? but i thought snyder had things figured out.

And then the first trailer for DAWN OF JUSTICE came out…….(*sigh)…couldn't go one movie without batman could you… AND THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS! THATS THE STYLE YOU CHOSE?!? IT LOOK TERRIBLE I'm mean look how fat the bat symbol on his chest looks doesn't even look like a bat anymore and making this a VS movie was BY FAR the stupidest thing you could have done snyder because if either of them wins its ruin the movie for the other character, now wether out of trying to compete with marvel or just their own stupid ideas they've decided to do team up movie before they've even bothered to introduce the characters! so they've already managed to push wonder woman over to a side character before we'v even got to know her, i don't know how this route might work, it could..but i doubt it will but worst of all thanks to the idiocy of the new 52 comics martian manhunter won't even be given a chance to have a movie f**k you WB.. but as for batsVsups we'll have to wait and see...

in the case of JL war and monsters the sight of the trailer just p*ssed me off to be honest i mean REALLY ANOTHER MULTIVERSE STORY?!? BECAUSE WE HAVENT HAD F**KING TONS OF THEM BEFORE

they use the three most obvious character that they always focus on i mean..its not like they have loads of characters they've never made movies about before like martian manhunter hawkman or hawkwoman zatana or blue beetle (*le obvious sarcasm) and honestly i really didn't think we needed this movie and while ill try to withdraw judgment but i predict it will bomb.

lately the comics have really taken a turn for the worst too ESPECIALLY THE COSTUMES I mean what the hell?!? look a hal jordan he looks like a hobo!…..hobo..?…LOBO!! THATS ANOTHER THING THEY SCREWED UP BADLY and why is it batman's is slowly becoming god why superman is slowly becoming powerless, if its temporary far enough but permanently ?, it would be idiotic and i don't like what they're doing with MMH in the comics right now they've made him twisting his backstory and always making him fight the JL for dumb reasons.

But in after of everything iv talked about i found it difficult to believe DC is ever going to recover from this, what do you guys think ?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cry much?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relax

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok there was something id did forget to mention that was quite good, the batman arkham games gave a brilliant impression i hope rockstedy can make games of the same quality using Dc's other characters

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By darkdetective27

If they are doomed for failure they arent going down without a fight. I mean seriously they are bringing their A game. Have you seen the new trailers?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah....no.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Superguy1591

@xargo: How did the N52 ruin the characters?

Also, how can you say that the N52 ruined Darkseid by making him "weak" when Superman solo-ed Darkseid in the DCAU twice? Superman cant even move Darkseid in the N52.

Also, Cyborg can be on whatever team a writer wants to put him on.

THE_JOKER51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's funny because it seems to me DC has really upped their game since the conclusion of Convergence. And with how good the trailers looks for upcoming movies BvsS and SS (both look a hell of a lot ore intriguing than Antman) I see nothing success and return to prominence for DC in the very near future.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomed to failure.

Beata

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: the DCAU isn't canon its crap they knew barley anything about the characters they were writing and no cyborg will always be a titan as intended

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xargo: But...90% of your argument was based on DC's animations. How can you say DCAU was crap only to say the new DCAU is crap?

And now Cyborg is a Justice Leaguer.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

The only failure I can see in DC's future is Cyborg in 2020 because I dont know if he can hold his own movie.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: its quite simple their both crap and no cycborg will always be a titan, thats the way everyone wants it

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I'm fairly sure everyone would rather have the manhunter on the team

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xargo: One more time: everyone? Or you?

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, DC will Prevail. DC FTW!! I feel like Marvel is overrated. Marvel is great, but DC is better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.