DC Comics Villains Tournament

#1 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen several tournament threads around this site, and participated in quite a few, so I've decided to make one of my own. Since DC is my favorite publisher, I decided to make it around their cast of villains.

Note that this is NOT a popularity contest. This is about which DC villain WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT. Please do not vote for a villain just because he/she is your favorite character. I will write an analysis of each villains fighting style, weaknesses, how this could effect the fight, etc.

Round 1 will include 64 of the most well-known DC Comics villains in 1 on 1 matches (32 battles). If I missed any villains you thought should have been included, I will ask at the end of round 1. If a match-up is made from this, the winner will be included in a 1 on 1 on 1 battle in Round 2, in which only a single villain is chosen from the three.

FIGHT RULES:

1: Only incapacitation is needed. The villains do not have to kill one another to win.

2: Each villain gets 30 minutes of prep-time.

3: All gadgets and normal arsenals of the villain is included.

4: No minions unless otherwise stated in the Battle Description.

5: The location of the fight is stated in the Battle Description, due to the varyious power levels of the villains.

6: First villain to ten votes wins.

If I have forgot a rule here, it will be included later on.

ON TO BATTLE ONE (sorry about all that writing)

RA'S AL GHUL VS. VANDAL SAVAGE

BATTLE DESCRIPTION:

This battle takes place in a unpopulated city (imagine Gotham) 30 feet apart. No minions allowed. Ra's Al Ghul has his normal arsenal.

RA'S AL GHUL

Ra's Al Ghul (also known as the demon's head) is the immortal leader of the league of assassins and is an enemy of Batman (as you all know). He gets his immortality from the Lazarus Pit, which cannot be used in this battle. He is a superb fighter and assassin.

VANDAL SAVAGE

Vandal Savage is an immortal enemy of the Justice League. Although his immortality does not require an object like Ra's, he can be incapacitated. He is an extraordinary intellect, strategist, and weapons master.

So, who do you think would win, Ra's or Savage?!? Vote Now!

#2 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally vote Ra's because he has more combat skill, and would probably be able to incapacitate Savage.

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal Savage.

He has the physical advantage. Plus, he has more experience (he has lived longer)

#4 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

1-1 Tie between Vandal Savage and Ra's Al Ghul.

#5 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's can fight better but he can't put Savage down. Savage

#6 Posted by ImFatBatman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's hands down, he has better fighting skills

#7 Edited by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's

#8 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

3-2, with Ra's in a slight lead.

#9 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#10 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal Savage

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

3-3, Tie.

#12 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm.

Well, Vandal Savage looked pretty impressive in Young Justice (he was toying around with Kid Flash) so I'll go with him.

#13 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

4-3, Vandal Savage with a slight lead. He only needs one more vote to win.

#14 Posted by Bruxae (13152 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's.

#15 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

4-4, A tie. The next vote decides the match.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one more vote for this match....

#17 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Ras

#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: @ultrastarkiller: @imfatbatman: @gator4eva: @pcn24454: @mk111: @bruxae: @dark_guyver: And the winner is Ra's Al Ghul.

BATTLE 2:

CAPTAIN COLD VS. MR. FREEZE

BATTLE DESCRIPTION:

Same unpopulated city location. Mr. Freeze is allowed all his freezing equipment and cryo suit.

MR. FREEZE

Mr. Freeze is a well-known Batman villain. His cryo suit is equipped with a freezing gun, which freezes people and objects. He needs his suit to survive, and if broken, would slowly kill him. Captain Cold could use this as an advantage. His suit also gives him enhanced strength and durability.

CAPTAIN COLD:

Captain Cold is another ice-themed villain, of The Flash. Captain Cold also has an freezing gun. He has a strict moral code about not killing, except in a kill or be killed situation (or for revenge, but that won't come up in this battle).

I vote for Mr. Freeze, because (even though it could be used against him) Mr. Freeze's suit gives him enhanced power, becoming a large advantage.

#19 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Freeze

#20 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

2-0 Mr. Freeze.

#21 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr Freeze is definitely superior

#22 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Freeze but I heard someone one say Cold was the best can't remember who but I would love to hear why. But anyway Freeze.

#23 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

4-0, Mr. Freeze in a large lead. One more vote for Freeze and he wins.

#24 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Freez

#25 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: @gator4eva: @ultrastarkiller: @dark_guyver: And Mr.Freeze with the complete victory .

BATTLE 3:

CLAYFACE (Basil Karlo) VS. PARASITE

BATTLE DESCRIPTION:

Same unpopulated city area. Neither have arsenals or minions.

CLAYFACE

Clayface is a batman villain that has the ability to shapeshifter into any form. He is very powerful and often creates weapons from his body. Almost all physical attacks will not work on him.

PARASITE

Parasite is a Superman villain that has the ability to absorb energy from his opponents. Although does have super strength, that ability is nearly pointless on Clayface.

I vote Parasite. With no other powers, Clayface would have to hit Parasite eventually, an opportunity Parasite could use to absorb his energy.

#26 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:Parasite absorbs Clayfaces powers. That is if he can touch him. Does it work if Clayface punches parasite then by the punch he absorbs his powers?

#27 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is a tough one. I could see it being hard for parasite to touch clayface but I'd wonder if a piece of clayface fell off and parasite touched it if he'd get to absorb his powers....i'll go with Clayface though.

#28 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: that was my reasoning of why Parasite would win. If Clayface tried to attack Parasite, Parasite could absorb his powers. But I'm not entirely sure, I'm not an expert on the character.

#29 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Parasite

#30 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

2-1, Parasite in the lead.

#31 Edited by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Clayface, I believe he has a poisonous/dissolving touch

#32 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Yeah, I posted that before the last vote was up. I edited it to be 2-1.

#33 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Clayface.

#34 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Btw, that was the third Clayface with the dissolving touch, Preston Payne. I'm talking about the first Clayface, Basil Karlo.

#35 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

3-2, Clayface in the lead.

#36 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Then parasite

#37 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ImFatBatman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

clayface

#39 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

4-3, one more vote for Clayface and he wins.

#40 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one more vote.....

#41 Posted by theRedHoood3 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

CLAYFACE

#42 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@gator4eva: @martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: @batmannflash: @dark_guyver: @ultrastarkiller: @imfatbatman: @theredhoood3: And the winner is Clayface.

BATTLE 4:

DEADSHOT VS. MERLYN

BATTLE DESCRIPTION:

The battle takes place on the rooftops of a city. The two fighters are far apart on the roofs and are both behind cover when the fight begins. They both have their complete arsenals.

DEADSHOT:

Deadshot is a master sharpshooter and assassin for hire. He has a near-perfect track record and is associated with the catchphrase "I never miss." His massive arsenal includes wrist-mounted silenced pistols, an incredibly large stockpile of firearms, and various explosives. He also wears a suit of armor that can withstand gunfire and explosions, although just barely and that suit of armor is usually destroyed because of it. His helmet also increases his senses.

MERLYN:

Another assassin for hire with incredible skill, Merlyn is a main villain of Green Arrow. He has skill with a bow equal to Oliver Queen himself, and also utilizes the same trick arrows.

This is a tough one. Although I think they both have about equal skill, Deadshot has a larger arsenal. His armor, however, would be useless in this fight, as Merlyn could destroy it with an explosive arrow or others. I think Merlyn is the more agile of the two, which could be a valuable asset against Deadshot's arsenal. I think I'm going to choose Deadshot, although this would be incredibly close, maybe even a tie.

#43 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot, just by a little bit

#44 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot for me as well.

#45 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

3-1 Deadshot (theredhood3 voted for merlyn in a pm).

#46 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot

#47 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

4-1 Deadshot, one more vote and he wins.

#48 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else want to vote?

#49 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot stomps

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.