DC Comics Facebook Poll blows up in DC's face.

#1 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the New 52 was rather successful, but I suppose long time fans aren't happy about it and I can't much blame them. To just change your entire unverse was bound to be controversial and p!ss off alot of people.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: The issue with the new52 is that everything they've done could've been done in the previous continuity rather easily and still not eliminated so many fan favorite characters.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Blood1991: The issue with the new52 is that everything they've done could've been done in the previous continuity rather easily and still not eliminated so many fan favorite characters.

True in some aspects, but this is a fresh start for characters who weren't given much of a chance despite being incredibly well know like Aquaman and Wonder Woman. My biggest issue is that some characters were put on this train with clear tracks to success, while others were thrown in a creepy guys van and are being hauled off to who knows where. Characters I love have been abused and been redone poorly in my opinion.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:

*cough* Static and Power Girl *cough*

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Blood1991:

*cough* Static and Power Girl *cough*

*COUGH* Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison Ivy *COUGH* I could continue, but I think we can all nname at least a couple of characters who we don't feel are being handled well.

#7 Posted by timdrakerules (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

My biggest issue is that some characters were put on this train with clear tracks to success, while others were thrown in a creepy guys van and are being hauled off to who knows where. Characters I love have been abused and been redone poorly in my opinion.

Agreed. Because of the New 52, I tried characters and series that I probably never would have given a second glance (Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Frankenstein, etc.), and some of those have proven to be among my favorite books to read each month. So I'm thankful for that--but at the same time, there are some characters that have really gotten the short end of the stick, in my opinion.

#8 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

BWAHAHAHAHA. good.

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (5509 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than New Teen Titans 7 not being canon anymore, I still can't bring myself to care about these continuity changes, not matter how horrible they are.

#10 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if DC can take a hint...

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

I wonder if DC can take a hint...

WE NEED MORE BATMAN BOOKS! Wait... that's actually partial right, Spoiler, Black Bat etc etc...

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12605 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, my God that is just great, I wish I got to vote on it. Hopefully DC takes the hint.

#14 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they yank it out? That's even more embarrassing. If they were proud of their product, they should stand by it and leave the poll up.

#15 Posted by SupBatz (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes... Doubtful, but hopefully DC will learn a little bit from this.

#16 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

If sales are good, there's no reason on earth for DC to "revert".

I think the votes don't match the reality. If people really hated the new DC52, they'd stop buying the books, right?

#17 Posted by TheElusiveNewReader (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that people that have liked DC on Facebook are more likly long-term passionate fans that would more likely dislike change (I myself did not even know DC had a facebook page). Like Crash Recovery said we vote with our money and thats the only vote that matters. You have to remeber no matter how much your hobby means to you, it is still a business with paid employees that have familes who depend on your money, not your opinion.

#18 Posted by cameron83 (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE NEW 52,some people said get rid of barry allen.I LOVE THE NEW 52,i hope the new 52 goes on.

COMMON SENSE PEOPLE,it is like people want cassandra cain and steph and all of those characters to appear in the first new 52 comic.I mean seriously,also it is a reboot,if you don't like it,then just don't read it.

#19 Posted by Catsnlynne (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

I love (most of) the New 52. Don't ever get rid of Barry Allen.

#20 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a new reader so new 52 is great for me and I like it. Dc should try satisfying OLD FANZ more also. make it a win-win!

#21 Posted by HammerTron (581 posts) - - Show Bio

I havne't participated in any polls, but I did vote with my wallet. I have not, and never will, bought any of the new DC comics. I am also avoiding any movies, TV shows, toys, or other products featuring these characters.

#22 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

DC in the past year has made the New 52, released the Dark knight Returns, put out that god awful superman trailer, Arrow looks ok but generally not looked upon with love, tried to make a bad Wonder Woman show, and put out Batman Earth-1... in terms of creative quality they will never listen lol

#23 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the New 52, but this is hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.