DC Comics Creator Images: Please Read

#1 Posted by G-Man (30686 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Entertainment has recently posted a bunch of nice black and white images of their creators. Those images have made their way here. We are allowed to use them but they do not want the logo/watermark removed. Please do not remove the current 'official' image in the creators' galleries and absolutely do not add a manipulated image.

This is acceptable:

This is NOT acceptable:

Thank you.

Staff
#2 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems pretty cool.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

This site has a weird policy on watermarks.
Yeah, DC wants them I know. Though it's not like most comic fans don't know that those creators work for DC.
BB

#4 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

We need to name that move that Snyder's doing.

I really want to say the Snyder shuffle but he's not shuffling.

Don't see why DC want their logos on the pictures, DC don't actually own Scott Snyder.

#5 Posted by G-Man (30686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

@htb106 said:

I really want to say the Snyder shuffle but he's not shuffling.

Don't see why DC want their logos on the pictures, DC don't actually own Scott Snyder.

They do own the photos. I'd imagine a fancy photoshoot isn't cheap. They also own all the DC Comics images they allow us to post on the site so I have absolutely no problem with this.

Staff
#6 Posted by christz (5 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah these are really beautiful images and i do like these images

#7 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

Dude, he's doing the Master Hand from super smash bros, duh

#8 Posted by XamireDariafan15 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I put the unwatermarked version of that image as the desktop background on my laptop?

#10 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

Can I put the unwatermarked version of that image as the desktop background on my laptop?

No, DC owns your computer too.

Of course you can, silly rabbit!

#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

But what if I'm Professor Mat Elfring and my computer screen is displayed for all my students to see and every day they see the non-watermarked image, surely that's against the rules, isn't it a crime to sing Happy Birthday in public or to borrow someone a movie you rented? I don't want next week's top article on CV to be the arrest of a certain comic site moderator who dared to go against the grain!

#12 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to know that watermark rule varies. Oh well, what ever it take to share.

#13 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

DC Entertainment has recently posted a bunch of nice black and white images of their creators. Those images have made their way here. We are allowed to use them but they do not want the logo/watermark removed. Please do not remove the current 'official' image in the creators' galleries and absolutely do not add a manipulated image.

Is this just aimed at the watermark... I mean can we do whatever we want to the image, as long as the watermark remains intact... or does it mean that we can't / shouldn't do anything with the image at all (eg coloring them in... drawing on them... photoshopping etc) even if the watermark is intact?

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Babs said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

But what if I'm Professor Mat Elfring and my computer screen is displayed for all my students to see and every day they see the non-watermarked image, surely that's against the rules, isn't it a crime to sing Happy Birthday in public or to lend (fixed) someone a movie you rented? I don't want next week's top article on CV to be the arrest of a certain comic site moderator who dared to go against the grain!

As long as it's not on the actual site, it should be fine... and I'm fairly sure that if any of InferiorEgo's students go near his computer, they'll be more focused on the [fun articles that he writes for ComicVine, and his stand-up performances, which are very funny and you should see them]

#14 Posted by stimur (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I just love it

#15 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Augh! That's painful! You give us a great pose like that and we can't draw on it. So sad! :P

#16 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man, Snyder SO needs a mustache on that photo.

#17 Posted by saoakden (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@htb106 said:

Dude, he's doing the Master Hand from super smash bros, duh

Master hand and Crazy Hand going on there! Go Snyder!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.