Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Comics Announces the "Second Wave" of "The New 52"

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@spiderbat87 said:
    @HotSauceCommittee: Your a Marvel fan boy, that's why I said it. 

@Gambit1024 said:

@spiderbat87: It has? Well shame on me for not giving #2 and up a shot. But yeah, if any member of the JL aren't in a book, they have a good shot at being canceled anyway.

How fickle comic book fans are
    Based on? I'd criticise any company who relaunches their entire line, and then cancels a significant portion of it less than sixth months later. It's bad regardless of who or what you like. Only fanboy here is you, trying to defend this by making comparisons to other companies.
    Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@HotSauceCommittee: 6 / 52 is not a 'significant portion.'
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#203  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @HotSauceCommittee said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @HotSauceCommittee: Your a Marvel fan boy, that's why I said it. 

@Gambit1024 said:

@spiderbat87: It has? Well shame on me for not giving #2 and up a shot. But yeah, if any member of the JL aren't in a book, they have a good shot at being canceled anyway.

How fickle comic book fans are
    Based on? I'd criticise any company who relaunches their entire line, and then cancels a significant portion of it less than sixth months later. It's bad regardless of who or what you like. Only fanboy here is you, trying to defend this by making comparisons to other companies.
    Based on every thread regardless of topic you start bitching about "DC fanboys this and DC fanboys that" it get's old REAL quick.
    DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#204  Edited By DarthShap

@HotSauceCommittee said:

Why is it bad? It is business. Although I would have been very happy with a simple relaunch, without the partial reboot, they made a lot of money in the last few months and hope to do more by replacing what did not work by something that could (mostly the first three I guess). What so bad about that?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#205  Edited By Deadcool

Question:

Batman INC takes place in this new universe? or takes place in the universe before Flashpoint?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

So Earth-2 is JSA featured well at least it isnt about stupid batman

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#207  Edited By DMC

Well this is good new......sorta

As much as I like PG, I need more info on the series.....and see what her costume looks like.

Avatar image for andrewbullheaded
    andrewbullheaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMAC and Static canceled nnnooooooo. :( i hope at least they keep Blue Beetle for at least 20 issues. Looking forward for batman inc even with what ? 5 batman books ?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#209  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

G.I. Combat and Dial H yay !!!

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#210  Edited By Omega-Man

@Adnan:

I think what DC should do in the new reboot is kill off all characters and just have Batman in all there books lol seems to be how they are pulling it right now with 5 Batman books.

And to address this situation further. Why cancel Mr Terrific? or Static? theres nothing wrong with them. hey should have cancelled Red Hood and the Outlaws that comic sucks. and also Deathstroke should be cancelled, again it sucks (I like Deathstroke's character but his series is crap all he has going for him is that people keep saying he is badass yet I've seen Deadshot and Frankenstien in there books do much more badass feats in their books compared to Deathstroke)

Voodoo again another crappy series get rid of it and I don't see the point of it either along with Grifter. both are good characters but I prefer them in Wildstorm than in the DCU

Storybook9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Storybook9

If Static wasn't doing well, then get a new writer or artist or something! At least TRY to keep it, DC! Static is so important to the DC Universe. He deserves his own comic for freakin ever. Sure he has his flaws, but so does every single character in the DCU. He is a hero. He is a teenage hero. He is a black teenage hero. If DC gets upset about people saying it doesn't have enough leading and respectable minority characters, DON'T GET RID OF STATIC! Gah. So disappointed. However, I am excited about Ravagers (though I wish the name could somehow be changed, cuz I always think of rape when I hear it...).

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

No Caption Provided
    World's Finest indeed !
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Adnan

@Omega-Man : I like Voodoo :c

But yeah, they could just rework all the titles to have Batman in them, instant money lol.

• OMAC & Batman
    • Hawk & Dove & Batman
    • Resurrection Batman
    • Mister Terrific & Batman
    • Bathawks
    • Bats of War
    VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By VanAce

At least they gave the books a go. These books would have probably not faired all that well if they were not part of the New 52. This was their best chance to branch out to a wide audience and it seems they only appealed to a small amount.

Most likely the books are financially not worth having in print. I am sure these books might come back as limited series to test the waters sometime or another. They might even get an arc in DC Universe Presents.

As for the new titles announced I might need to hear more about them but GI Combat is interesting me the most. There are some interesting ideas there so at least they haven't gone with some completely safe.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By DarthShap

@reaper2923 said:

So Earth-2 is JSA featured well at least it isnt about stupid batman

We do not know that. If it is Earth-2 and their Huntress is Helena Wayne, Batman could very well be part of the team, unless if it is in direct continuity with pre-Crisis Earth-2 and he is already dead (worst death ever).

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#216  Edited By Wolverine0628

@spiderbat87: @Dernman: Wow, didn't realize Timber Wolf was older! But it's definitely not a complaint; DC could use their very own Wolverine-type character.

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Adnan: I think you mean Mr. Batman. 

Resurrection Batman's not getting cancelled yet.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Adnan

@The Mighty Monarch:Even better, these just may be the unique new directions that will change the face of the DCU forever!

And I'm not sure why I put Resurrection Batman there over Static Bat.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#219  Edited By dernman
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @HotSauceCommittee said:

Lol at cancelling titles not even 6 months after you rebooted your entire universe.

Lol at Marvel cancelling series before they'v even released one issue 

I actually LOLed at that. 
    DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By DarthShap

@Storybook9 said:

If Static wasn't doing well, then get a new writer or artist or something! At least TRY to keep it, DC! Static is so important to the DC Universe. He deserves his own comic for freakin ever. Sure he has his flaws, but so does every single character in the DCU. He is a hero. He is a teenage hero. He is a black teenage hero. If DC gets upset about people saying it doesn't have enough leading and respectable minority characters, DON'T GET RID OF STATIC! Gah. So disappointed. However, I am excited about Ravagers (though I wish the name could somehow be changed, cuz I always think of rape when I hear it...).

My guess is Static will get drafted to either Ravagers or Teen Titans, will stay there for a year or two and then DC will give him another shot at a solo title.

The reason why is people rarely come back to an obscure title that did not get good feedback in the past just because the creative team changed (although it definitely they definitely do when it is a big series). It is way more profitable to just cancel and relaunch it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By dernman
    @Deadcool said:

Question:

Batman INC takes place in this new universe? or takes place in the universe before Flashpoint?

It's going to be in DCnU. The one shot that I believed caused you confusion was a book that was meant to come out before flashpoint. 
    Poor planing and delays made them end up with a rush job that tried shove everything they could into it. I suspect that the book was going to be just the Bargirl story but because of the reboot they ended up shoving more into it when all that was really going to evolve over time in the Batman Inc book. 

So like I said it will be in the new universe.
    Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@Adnan: But that's Earth 2, I want a series for the Earth 1 JSA Before Alan Scott was forced to wear one of the ugliest supersuits ever!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#223  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If I really had my wish Morrison would be writing Action Comics and Superman rather than doing Batman Inc.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Adnan

@Miss_Garrick:Ah, ok. The JSA don't seem to be compatible with the main Universe in DCnU, since Superman is now apparantly the Earth's first public superhero. I get the feeling that the two universes will crossover at some point though (something I won't be looking forward to too much, but whatever), and the creative team working on Earth-2 is really good. Assuming it has the characters you like, you should give it a try imo.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By dernman
    @Miss_Garrick said:

@Adnan: But that's Earth 2, I want a series for the Earth 1 JSA Before Alan Scott was forced to wear one of the ugliest supersuits ever!

There is no other. They separated them like it originally was before crisis. Honestly I prefer it separated.
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Adnan: The DC-N-nU 

Action Comics

All-Star Batman

Animal Bat

AquaBat

Batgirl

Batman

Batman and Robin

Batman: The Dark Knight

Batwing

Batwoman

Bats of Prey

Blackhawks

Blue Bat

Captain Batom

Catwoman and Batman: A Soap Opera

Batman Universe Presents

DeathBatman

Batman Knights

Batman Comics

The Bat-Flash

Frankenstein: Agent of Batman Inc.

The Fury of Batman: The Nuclear Batmen

Batman Arrow

Green Batman

Batman Corps

Green Lantern: Emerald Batman

Grifter.... I Mean Batman

Batman and Batman

I, Batman

Justice League

Justice League Batman

Justice League Batman Incorporated

Batman Lost

Legion of Super-Batman

Batmen of War

Mister Batman

Nightwing

OBAC (One Batman Army Corps

Red Hood and the Batman

Red Batman

Resurrection Batman

The Savage Batman

Static Batman

Batwatch

Suicide Batman

Superbat

Super Batgirl 

Batman and Superman

Swamp Batman

Teen Batman and the Titans

Batman Voodoo

Wonder Bat

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Adnan

@The Mighty Monarch:

No Caption Provided
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Adnan: I think you mean... 
    No Caption Provided
    cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By cagedleo730

To all those complaining about having their books cancelled while others they like still in print: GET OVER IT! Those 6 cancelled are at the bottom of the new52 sales charts. DC Comics is no longer in the business of selling comics at a lost. ITS JUST BUSINESS.

To others who comment without reading the articles (plural) . There are other sites here where many of your questions are answered. World's Finest takes place on Earth 0 (MAIN DCU). The synopsis says that HUNTRESS and POWER GIRL are trying to get back to EARTH 2. EARTH 2 will feature the JUSTICE SOCIETY. There are many books still in backlog and planning that will come out. The old DCU wasn't built in 1 year and neither will the new DCU

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Adnan

@The Mighty Monarch: why does that image even exist? Who took the time to take a photo of that?!

*saves*

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By johnny_spam

Batman Inc will be good to read again it's been a long time since this story began it's hard to believe it's near it's end. Really sucks Mister Terrific and Static are getting cancelled since they are such great characters but it was not unexpected when their creative teams left allot to be desired. Some of the other books felt a little weak in execution almost as if they were made so DC had 52 books. Hopefully these new ones won't suffer the same problems. Earth 2 interests me.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#232  Edited By Deadcool

@Dernman: Thanks

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Omega-Man

@Adnan:

Lol true it does if you squeeze Batman in the name. Batman and the Justice League for example.

Ugh I'm not sure about Earth 2 since it has Helena (if her last name is Wayne that means Batman was in earth 2 also do we need Batman in Earth 2 as well?)

Really DC tone it down on Batman. I like batman but this is stupid.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#234  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Omega-Man said:

Huh? Huntress and Powergirl in World's Finest? since when are those two considered world's finest? Thats Superman and Batman's title not there female rip offs. Also on our earth? so it's official that Huntress' mini is set on Earth 2 along with Powergirl? so World's finest is on Earth 0/new earth? I'm not sure if I like that not to mention they are called 'World's finest' since again thats Superman and Batman's title.

Also it's cool to see Batman Inc is getting more lime light again but....why does the new 52 need so many Batman titles? It's pretty much 90s Spiderman with Marvel comics all over again.

Batman

Detective comics

Batman The Dark Knight

Batman & Robin

Batman Incorparated

(Forgot to say his other appearances in both Justice League and JLI)

Thats FIVE Batman books really? do we need FIVE Batman comics? I mean yeah I like Batman but wow five Batman books and Superman and Wonder woman barely have two books between them. They are as much the flag ship characters of DC comics as Batman is. Even though I hate the reboot WW's origin since they ripped off Cassandra Sandsmark's origin who is WW side kick Wonder girl (before reboot).

Wonder Woman struggles to keep one book,sorry but no one can be compared to Batman,even though I'd prefer cancellation of TDK.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Omega-Man

@entropy_aegis:

Then why doesn't DC just put Batman in every title? like I said I like batman but this is getting stupid.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#236  Edited By TheOptimist

With a little bit of time to reflect... am I only the only one that is actually pretty psyched for Dial H? A solid author... a concept ripe for revamping... in a market that more openly embraces titles like Swamp Thing and Animal Man? If this gets an appropriate amount of pre-debut exposure, and a solid first arc... it could really join in with the vibe the Dark and Edge books have set thusfar.

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheOptimist: I'm excited about half that list. Dial H is number 2 ONLY because Batman Inc. is on that list. DC released the first cover and it looks kind of crazy. And yes. dark, psychological, sounds great.
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#238  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

hmm...Earth 2 sounds cool (though I know I really shouldn't think about getting it knowing my pulllist, but I am intrigued...)

I will need to review my pulls before that month....

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#239  Edited By Gambit1024

Now with Earth 2... Does that mean Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and all those guys? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the multiverse.

@spiderbat87 said:

If I really had my wish Morrison would be writing Action Comics and Superman rather than doing Batman Inc.

Oh my God, yes. Superman has just been getting worse and worse.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By _Zombie_

Sad that Men of War is going. It had potential, but it took a nosedive in quality after #2.

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By SpitfireINK

Won't miss the cancelled titles - I stopped getting them after the 1st issues anyhow -

BRAVO - for bringing back "the UNKNOWN SOLDIER!"

My only concern is the mention of "Parallel Worlds?" - I thought this had been resolved?

I hear the faint sound of Impending "Crisis" in the DCU again - Egads!"

And how disjointed are some of the newer titles? - No concept of timeframes are what survived the last Crisis -

I'm just accepting these title-by-title and hope they have some redeeming content.

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By SpitfireINK

@The Mighty Monarch: certainly is disconcerting that the DCU hinges so tightly to one character.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#243  Edited By obscurefan

Resurrection Man survived the first cut, wheeeeeeew, okay, I can sleep better. Although I am kind of ticked over OMAC being canceled, but even I, a big fan of the series, have to admit it's got a very niche audience.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Alton

@G Man The DCnU is heating up....Don't want to sound harsh but no it isn't.With this latest list it's obvious they are floundering and that isn't something I wanted to see.This big epic they are planning tells me they are just running through the catalog and whatever sticks does so and whatever doesn't gets absorbed into the Big Master Plan.I want to see solid stories with these characters without jumping through dozens of titles.Besides the Hardcore DC fans seem to be sticking to Bats,Supes,GL,and a few others and beyond the issue #1 speculator nonsense this New 52 initiative can't seem to stay aloft.More dead trees for what?

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#245  Edited By Silkcuts
    @DarthShap said:

@Silkcuts said:

It would be nice if the "ethic" characters did better, but maybe it is the current state of comics? My racial background is never represented in comics and I guess I am use to it, but I can understand how this would suck. DC didn't even give Mr. Terrific a second arc, what you feel is what I feel when Vertigo axes a series too early. Hopefully one day the industry changes and books that are needed don't get axed too young, since the foresight is not there why they should survive. I know it is business, but what would the world look like if Alan Moore's Swamp Thing back in the 80s continued bad sales? Fact is, Neil Gaiman wouldn't have Sandman and Grant Morrison might be good, but not as awesome. Sometimes books not everyone readers can influence the medium in directions it is lacking. But that is why two cents. This is why I am planning on studying comic writing, so I can practice what I preach. Cheers - Silkcuts

Come on, books are needed because they are good. The only reason not to cancel a book would be that the editor believes in it so much he thinks that it could bounce back or/and get better sales once in collected. Those six books really were not that good and I doubt anybody saw the next Swamp Thing/Sandman in them.

books die all the time because of lack of support, great example is many of Peter Milligan's work.  Even his Shade was canceled because of sales and now look how popular shade is with JLD.  Okay maybe static and Mr. T might not be great works to sit beside some of the best comics, but they hit a market that is weak.  Books like OMAC and Hawk and Dove I am glad are gone, I couldn't salvage a nice to to say about those. 

Cheers

@AmishAvenger said:

@Silkcuts I wish you good luck with that

Ty Templeton as a teacher I think I'll be fine. With my review resume I know I can breakdown a comic second to none on this site and with the plastic man comic I did with M.S. Feather, I feel writing is the next step with me.  And when I get my current project self-published I am going to personally send it to a few of the reviewers on the site to review.  So I am excited.
    Thanks, from the feedback I've been getting to the tarot readings I've been doing, I knot this is what I need to do.

Cheers mate
     - Silkcuts
    Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man, that really sucks, static got canceled... I really dug mcduffie's work, its too bad he wasn't around to write it now, it would have been epic. If mr.terrific is canceled than they damned well better put him in justice society and keep that title ongoing, If they try and build off of a new version of the old mr.terrific I'll be dissapointed

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@Adnan: Well, if they do Jay Garrick right I'll like it.

But I wonder what's going to be done about Stargirl, Cyclone, The current Doctor Mid-nite and other JSA members I liked that were more Earth 1 than Earth 2 based.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#248  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Batman Inc is the only thing I care about (from the entire DCnU), and that's purely because of Morrison. 

Comicbookgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Comicbookgal

The Ravagers, Earth 2 and World's Finest sound great! I can't wait to check them out.

webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#250  Edited By webling

Batman Inc: Finish the story, because I have heard promises of an epic finale.

Earth 2: Heard awesome things about Robinson on JSA

Dial H: Like the premise and everyone seems gaga over the writer

I expect Static to move to the Teen Titans book but I dropped both that books, so...yeah. Hopefully we get the awesome 65-year-old one in Justice League Beyond. Also I'm not surprised those titles got cancelled, a combination of genres and writers there.

Also some people were complaining about Batman: Dark Knight not being cancelled. David Finch is on an exclusive contract with DC, so he has to have his book being published and apparently people are buying it. Probably because of the movie and Batman being involved in the tile. Batman sells.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.