Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC animated movies

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

This Thread is only about animated movies not live action.

Does it bother you that DC won't utilize any other character/hero in their animated genre other than Batman?

When I went to Wikipedia to look at the list of DC movies, when I glimpsed at the DC animated films, majority of the movies had Batman's name in it. If not Batman then the Justice League which would obviously include Batman getting majority of the screen time.

Does it bother you that DC/Warner Bros won't create more animated films on other characters like, Hawkman, Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman Captain Marvel, etc. To get more of the lesser known more out there?

I know these movies are probably targeted at kids and that "Batman sells" but at the end of the day wouldn't it be much better to get a diverse group heroes getting their own animated film.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Of course it bothers us, but it's DC, it's how they role, I can only hope for an Aquaman movie these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it bothers us, but it's DC, it's how they role, I can only hope for an Aquaman movie these days.

Bruce Timm said that he wanted to do an Aquaman movie and a Green Arrow movie, but he didn't think they were big enough names.

But that was in 2008.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I heard aquaman was getting an animated movie. And they don't need to be more diverse. They are a business and care about money. And if batma makes all the money they need (which he does) they only need to make batman

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they don't want to make feature length animated films for some characters, they could always make DC showcase's for them and include them in their animated films like the Batman one's so they get more exposure. They've already done this for The Spectre, Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, Captain Marvel, and Catwoman, so I see no reason not to do this if they want to get some of their less popular characters more recognition.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By lifeboy

▲▲▲ this!

Also, Aquaman is on its way according to the ending of WAR, so at least it looks loke they are trying. But yeah, they need to bring back the ShowCase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Of course people want other characters.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why should they? Batman has the best animated movies anyway :D

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

DC convinces itself that Batman is the only name that sells, with Superman being a close second that they're willing to bank on every once in a blue moon.

Of course, this isn't true in the slightest. Just look at the amazing Wonder Woman animated film, critically acclaimed and sold just as well as some of DC's other top animated films. Yet DC conistently utters the incredibly vague claim that it did not "...live up to their expectations financially." Unless they had some unbeknownst reason to expect it to outsell all of their other animated films, I'd say they're just afraid to try out other characters in a consistent manner.

I love Batman films as much as the next guy, but I want to see other heroes. Wonder Woman was my second favorite DC film. And I'd love to see something focusing on Aquaman, or Green Arrow, or the Flash (let's just pretend Flashpoint never happened).

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I heard aquaman was getting an animated movie. And they don't need to be more diverse. They are a business and care about money. And if batma makes all the money they need (which he does) they only need to make batman

Well that's sad.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why should they? Batman has the best animated movies anyway :D

I guess DC/Warner bros are lazy.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Correct me if I am wrong, but do they have a movie w/ Blue Beetle in it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.