Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Darkseid and Professor Ivos Android vs DC UNIVERSE

Avatar image for profesor_ivos_android
    Profesor_Ivos_Android

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Darkseid and Professor Ivos Android vs DC UNIVERSE (7 votes)

Lets say that lex luthor never enlightened Ivos Android with his meaning of existence what if he was convinced instead by darkseid that they should destroy the universe who would win darkseid and the android or the universe 71%
    Also lets say Darkseid wasn't in neutral terms lets say he was out to destroy the universe 29%
     • 
    SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Well, I think that Darkseid and the Amazo would be a force to be reckoned with. No doubt that they could kill a massive number of hard hitters if the two teamed up. But against the whole DC universe... I don't think they really stand a chance. Regardless of how powerful the two are, they'd be going up against sooooo many heroes. Plus, if the universe was at stake, I'm willing to bet a great many villains would join in the fight alongside the heroes. Darkseid and Amazo would be overwhelmed by the sheer number of powerhouses in the opposition.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By ViperKing

A bloodlusted Black Adam has beaten Amazo. Darkseid has been defeated by Orion. Neither of them would have a chance against the entire DC universe.

Are you talking about the DCAU? If so, the "Android" would be taken down by the amped-up Solomon Grundy. Darkseid would be taken down by practically any team consisting of powerhouses. However, the "Android" solos if not for Solomon Grundy.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A bloodlusted Black Adam has beaten Amazo. Darkseid has been defeated by Orion. Neither of them would have a chance against the entire DC universe.

Are you talking about the DCAU? If so, the "Android" would be taken down by the amped-up Solomon Grundy. Darkseid would be taken down by practically any team consisting of powerhouses. However, the "Android" solos if not for Solomon Grundy.

Refresh my memory on this please ('tis been a while).

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: In Justice League, the TV show, there was an episode where nobody could defeat a resurrected Solomon Grundy. Amazo attempted to disintegrate him and remarked that Solomon Grundy was feeding off his energy (and everyone else's) and becoming even more powerful than before. He realized that if Solomon Grundy kept absorbing his energy, he would be even more unstoppable so he teleported several thousand light-years away, never to be seen again. At the end, Hawkgirl killed Solomon Grundy because her mace was the only object that could hurt him.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By lightsout

@viperking: Thanks. Weird, I remember a lot of that series but not that. I'll have to re-watch it.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: The episode is called "Wake the Dead," It's the eleventh episode of season 1 of Justice League Unlimited.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you're going against the entire DC universe, that includes villains as well; you're adding Parallax, Doomsday, Brainiac, etc. all to the opposition...

DC Universe stomps.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ViperKing

@clarkkent12: He's talking about the DCAU, where the Android can wipe out the universe with a single thought.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking:

In any case, DCU stomps.

I think someone mentioned it earlier, there was an episode with Grundy, when resurrected, couldn't be stopped by Amazo who gave up and left leaving Hawkgirl to finish him off; and Supes unleashed (final episode) was beating down Darkseid before he put the "Agony Matrix" on him, give Supes the entire DC universe to help in out and it's over... DC Universe stomps.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ViperKing

@clarkkent12: First off, it was I that mentioned it earlier so I fully know the story. Amazo couldn't deal withe Solomon Grundy because he absorbed Amazo's energy. 2nd of all, DCU definitely doesn't stomp. Without Solomon Grundy, they would lose. Amazo threatened to wipe out the entire universe with a single thought. When Amazo was first found, he defeated the entire Justice League with ease and only stopped once he found Lex Luthor's intentions. When he returned, he shrugged off and smashed through Superman, John Stewart, Captain Atom, Orion, Dr. Light, S.T.R.I.P.E., Starman, and the Justice League's entire fleet of Javelins combined in moments. He then easily defeated nine heroes to get to Lex Luthor. He smashed through a forcefield created by a few dozen Green Lanterns easily. He evolved into a nigh-omnipotent being, being possibly the most powerful being in the existence of DCAU.

In the DCAU, Darkseid is almost a non-factor here but Amazo would solo, if not for Solomon Grundy. Also that instance you're referring to, Darkseid would have killed Superman not for Lex Luthor's intervention.

What happens is that Amazo defeats everyone in his way until Solomon Grundy comes in.

EDIT: Actually, Amazo wins if he does this correctly. He can just wipe out the entire universe. Solomon Grundy won't be able to do anything if the Earth is destroyed.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ClarkKent12

@clarkkent12: First off, it was I that mentioned it earlier so I fully know the story. Amazo couldn't deal withe Solomon Grundy because he absorbed Amazo's energy. 2nd of all, DCU definitely doesn't stomp. Without Solomon Grundy, they would lose. Amazo threatened to wipe out the entire universe with a single thought. When Amazo was first found, he defeated the entire Justice League with ease and only stopped once he found Lex Luthor's intentions. When he returned, he shrugged off and smashed through Superman, John Stewart, Captain Atom, Orion, Dr. Light, S.T.R.I.P.E., Starman, and the Justice League's entire fleet of Javelins combined in moments. He then easily defeated nine heroes to get to Lex Luthor. He smashed through a forcefield created by a few dozen Green Lanterns easily. He evolved into a nigh-omnipotent being, being possibly the most powerful being in the existence of DCAU.

In the DCAU, Darkseid is almost a non-factor here but Amazo would solo, if not for Solomon Grundy. Also that instance you're referring to, Darkseid would have killed Superman not for Lex Luthor's intervention.

What happens is that Amazo defeats everyone in his way until Solomon Grundy comes in.

EDIT: Actually, Amazo wins if he does this correctly. He can just wipe out the entire universe. Solomon Grundy won't be able to do anything if the Earth is destroyed.

First off, the animated series overpowered the crap out of Ivo's android. 2nd of all, last I checked, Solomon Grundy is a part of the DCAU, so DCU still stomps.

And as for the instance I'm referring to, if it wasn't for the agony matrix (AKA Darkseid's prep to square off against Supes after getting a beatdown in an earlier episode) Darseid would've gotten handled. I'm more than sure the entire DCU could handle Darkseid if Grundy deals with Amazo.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: I know that he was overpowered. Amazo in the DCAU was able to teleport entire planets to other dimensions. He could do the same with the Earth. The Green Lantern Corps implied he had the power to destroy planets. Solomon Grundy can't do anything if Amazo destroys or BFRs the entire planet.

I've watched the episode a lot. I know exactly what you're talking about. Did you not understand when I said he's almost a non-factor? Amazo can just BFR the entire planet to another dimension and he wins.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ClarkKent12

@clarkkent12: I know that he was overpowered. Amazo in the DCAU was able to teleport entire planets to other dimensions. He could do the same with the Earth. The Green Lantern Corps implied he had the power to destroy planets. Solomon Grundy can't do anything if Amazo destroys or BFRs the entire planet.

I've watched the episode a lot. I know exactly what you're talking about. Did you not understand when I said he's almost a non-factor? Amazo can just BFR the entire planet to another dimension and he wins.

So you agree Darkseid is out, as for Amazo, I hardly think teleporting them to a different dimension is considered a win, I'd call it another variation of fleeing, teleporting yourself into another dimension would have similar impact in that fight, ergo not a win... And I doubt Super-Grundy doesn't have planet-explosion withstanding durability, that's only if Amazo could destroy planets, which was implied

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: I've said Darkseid is almost a complete non-factor three times. This is Amazo and Darkseid going against the DC universe, not the DCAU characters on Earth. So, if he teleports them to a different dimension, it's not fleeing at all. It's valid strategy to remove Solomon Grundy and all annoyances on Earth from the battle. He'd still have to deal with all the characters on the Watchtower plus the Green Lantern Corps. However, he would win, which is exactly the point. Anyways, Solomon Grundy never demonstrated the ability to survive a planet's destruction. Solomon Grundy certainly has the potential if he absorbs enough energy. If Amazo doesn't go close to Solomon Grundy and destroys the planet, he definitely won't survive the planet's destruction. The purpose for Amazo teleporting light-years away was because the writers knew he was too powerful. If he appeared during the fight on the Watchtower with all the Ultimen clones, or the fight with the Parademons on Earth, it would be too easy for him.

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
    ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just have darkseids superman from earth 2 turn on him and punch a hole through his chest

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ClarkKent12

@clarkkent12: I've said Darkseid is almost a complete non-factor three times. This is Amazo and Darkseid going against the DC universe, not the DCAU characters on Earth. So, if he teleports them to a different dimension, it's not fleeing at all. It's valid strategy to remove Solomon Grundy and all annoyances on Earth from the battle. He'd still have to deal with all the characters on the Watchtower plus the Green Lantern Corps. However, he would win, which is exactly the point. Anyways, Solomon Grundy never demonstrated the ability to survive a planet's destruction. Solomon Grundy certainly has the potential if he absorbs enough energy. If Amazo doesn't go close to Solomon Grundy and destroys the planet, he definitely won't survive the planet's destruction. The purpose for Amazo teleporting light-years away was because the writers knew he was too powerful. If he appeared during the fight on the Watchtower with all the Ultimen clones, or the fight with the Parademons on Earth, it would be too easy for him.

So you agree Darkseid is a non-factor then?... I'm just messing with you lol.

Still consider it a cop-out move; it's like saying you'll fight me and 5 of my friends, then you use a teleport move to make it a 1v1 fight, you're not really beating all 6 of us you only defeat 1 of us. I never said he demonstrated it, if Amazo doesn't go close to Grundy, Grundy still may absorb enough energy from everyone else on Earth to withstand a planet's destruction unscathed. I admit Amazo was really high powered in DCAU, almost omnipotent, but they also showed he couldn't deal with Grundy and my definition of winning the fight, is fighting until one is KO'd.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: I personally disagree but I guess it's a matter of opinion. It's like if I said I'll fight you and five of your friends but then teleported one away, making it a 1 vs. 4 fight. I highly doubt he would absorb that much energy, there aren't going to be any superheroes on Earth. They're all going to be on the Watchtower, preparing for whatever Amazo is going to do. The more powerful the being(s), the more energy Solomon Grundy absorbs. There aren't going to be any beings (even if combined) on Earth that can survive a planet's destruction. Amazo isn't going to be knocked out. He's going to destroy the planet (getting rid of the one viable threat), then the Watchtower, then everyone that's still alive.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking: Considering all of the intelligence contained within the DCU and the previous experiences with Amazo, I think they'd know Grundy is their only chance, so they'd ensure his safety as he'd be their way to victory... As for winning a fight via teleportation, to each their own.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: Keep in mind, they would never know Solomon Grundy was their only chance. Why? Amazo only fought Solomon Grundy after being convinced by Luthor not to wipe out everything in existence. If he was convinced by Darkseid instead, the Justice League would have no idea that Amazo's abilities wouldn't work on Solomon Grundy. Plus, Solomon Grundy isn't exactly a team player. He'd try to destroy the Justice League more often than not. Another option is if Amazo took Hawkgirl's mace or found other Thanagarian weapons, he could just beat Solomon Grundy to death. He wouldn't be using his abilities and would kill him like Hawkgirl did.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ClarkKent12

@viperking: You're adding new stipulations to the fight that haven't been mentioned in the OP, with that logic, I could argue that without any prior incidents with Grundy, Amazo would never know what Grundy's weakness is and lose the fight... You're speculating based on what could be, instead of what happened.

Here is how I look at the argument after the events of JLU; Grundy > Amazo, rest of DCU > Darkseid, thus DCU > Amazo + Darkseid.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ViperKing

@clarkkent12: If that's the case, Solomon Grundy was killed by Hawkgirl so he's not in this fight. :)

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking: Again, stipulations that haven't been included in the OP... You believe what you want dude, the same writers that overpowered the crap out of Amazo made him Grundy's bitch and that means DCU stomps that pairing.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: To be honest, I'm just trying not to bore myself by adding stipulations that haven't been included in the OP.

I've already shown you that Solomon Grundy is their only chance at taking Amazo, which is why they don't stomp at all. You can say whatever you want but Solomon Grundy would probably try to kill whatever he sees, including the Justice League. The Justice League isn't about to let him on the Watchtower. In that case, when the Earth is destroyed, he dies. Even then, if he is preposterously relaxed and doesn't kill everyone he sees (except Amazo), Amazo could just teleport to Hawkgirl, kill her, take her mace, and kill Solomon Grundy. You're just saying since Amazo couldn't beat Solomon Grundy at that moment, he won't be able to beat Solomon Grundy now.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperking: So we agree you're adding stipulations to make it more interesting.

Again I don't see blowing up/teleporting a planet as winning, I've been in my share of fights and the only way to win is to go through your opponent, so by my definition DCU stomps... We're arguing semantics here.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkkent12: This isn't the battle forums so battlefield removal isn't necessarily a no-no. I've already agreed to disagree about teleporting a planet. Teleporting a planet and destroying a planet aren't the same thing. I've already given you two different choices that you're not countering. One is destroying the planet, which you've flip-flopped on. At one point, you said Solomon Grundy would absorb enough energy to withstand such an attack. When I showed you that he cannot, you randomly switched to saying it's not winning. If you don't like this point, then go to my next point. Again, you seem to be ignoring my other argument including the fact that Amazo could just defeat a Thanagarian and kill Solomon Grundy. Since it's the entire DCU, Thanagarians will be attacking Amazo. He could just grab one of their shovels and beat him down, much less an actual weapon, i.e. mace, spear. Hawkgirl did it just fine so Amazo probably could if he took one of their weapons. Teleporting a planet =/= destroying a planet.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ViperKing

@clarkkent12: You need to rewatch the JLU episode because Dr. Fate says that her mace is the only thing in the universe that can harm him. Then, John Stewart offers to kill Solomon Grundy for Hawkgirl. It's outright clear that the mace is what is harming Grundy. It isn't some ridiculous theory about pre-existing conditions. She says she can do it alone. When Hawkgirl was pounding Solomon Grundy, he didn't calm down. He was enraged and tried to kill her. Since you won't stop repeating yourself over and over again, I'm going to go ahead and throw out the teleportation argument. All Amazo has to do is grab Hawkgirl's mace after he kills her, then he would just kill Solomon Grundy in the same way. May I remind you that Amazo was so powerful, he was basically unstoppable? Amazo didn't return in the episode

because the writers felt the need to leave him or he would have destroyed the Ultimen in the Cadmus crisis in less than a second.

You obviously don't have a decent memory if you think Hawkgirl was able to kill him because she calmed him down. Also, comic fights are completely different from fights in real life. If I wanted to talk about something completely irrelevant, I would talk about your knowledge of comics since you think Bane is one of the top five fighters in the DCU. If I wanted to talk about something completely irrelevant, I would talk about how you are probably new to comics and haven't read anything before the New 52.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RustyRoy

@viperking: Amazo can replicate Hawkgirl's mace and can kill Grundy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RustyRoy

The poll is very confusing but The Android solos.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I know but he could just take it if he wanted to. I miss JLU. The last season could have been done so much better.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ClarkKent12

@viperking: I know Hawkgirl's mace or any weapon of Nth metal can harm Grundy and I watched the episode several times; she went into the sewer and calmed him down long enough to be able to finish him off. Grundy allowed her to kill him, he didn't resist or try to fight back. If everyone is going in with prep, I'm sure that the DCU can figure out that Grundy is their only shot at survival and do what is necessary to help him defeat Amazo. It won't be a 1v1 fight, Amazo will have the distractions of the entire DCU trying to kill him alongside Grundy who could do significant damage to him at the same time. Again I've adhered to the fact that Amazo was portrayed as all-powerful in the show, but also have pointed out that Grundy wasn't affected by his power and Amazo fled the situation. I don't care if you want to make excuses as to why he did not return (which is based on your opinion and nothing more) with a gameplan for taking Grundy down, the fact is, he didn't return after saying he would "with a way to stop him"; translation = he didn't know how to stop him.

You're deluded if you think there are that many people who can beat an loaded up Bane in 1v1 combat; the question was not of fighting skills, it was about who are the best 1v1 fighters (slightly genetically enhanced included)... With added stipulations, AKA you're only method of winning an fight-based argument, Bane is right up there borderlining top 5.

Lmao at you commenting on my "knowledge of comics" based on that.

Lol at "comic fights are completely different from fights in real life", the difference is that one takes place hypothetically and another takes place in reality; winning or losing should still be the same unless defined otherwise.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Hawkgirl's mace or any weapon of Nth metal can harm Grundy and I watched the episode several times

To the bolded, you fooled me. You're honestly grasping at straws. If you admit Hawkgirl's mace can harm Solomon Grundy, then if Amazo can duplicate or use the mace, what's stopping him from doing the exact same thing as Hawkgirl did. Amazo's normal abilities (such as teleporting him) did not affect him because he was risen from Chaos magic. Duplicating or using another person's weapons has nothing to do with Solomon Grundy. Dr. Fate didn't mention anything about Hawkgirl's pre-existing relationship. He talked about her mace (Nth metal) being able to harm Grundy. You're talking to me about adding stipulations when you're saying "With all the geniuses in the DCU, they'll definitely figure out something." That's basically saying Batman could beat Superman because "He's so tactical." Writers do what they want. You can choose not to believe that writers needed to send Amazo away (because logically, he would have beaten every enemy they had) but it's true. I can say the world is flat all I want. It's still going to be round. Plus, what's going to "distract" Amazo? He threatened to wipe away the existence of the universe! Plus, he, minimally, has J'onn's mental abilities, able to read minds easily. He could easily read the characters' minds and find out what they were doing.

First off, you're lying - http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/who-are-the-top-5-h2h-fighters-in-dc-comics-1540408. The title was asking about the best hand-to-hand combatants, not the best 1v1ers. Did you even read the OP? Have you even read No Man's Land? Batman faced over eleven villains non-stop (due to Bane's genius) because Bane knew a direct assault on Batman would be foolish. Bane had to wear Bruce down for an entire week with a gauntlet, then amp himself with Venom to defeat Batman. He's never beaten Batman physically since that, especially after quitting Venom. Give me two people Bane has beaten in hand-to-hand, that are actually impressive. You obviously haven't read anything about Cassandra Cain, Ben Turner, or Conner Hawke, all of which would easily defeat Bane in hand-to-hand. Deathstroke, Black Canary, and Constantine Drakon are better than Bane in hand-to-hand. Plus, everyone I just mentioned could beat Bane. Seriously, I can name fifty DC characters who can beat Bane off the top of my head in a random encounter. Bane's an awesome villain but he's definitely not in the top five hand-to-hand combatants in DC. I mean seriously, the guy barely has a better hand-to-hand record than Two-Face.

You can laugh all you want but the fact is you can't back up a word you say.

You're obviously not good at reading titles or OPs and don't know much about hand-to-hand combatants.

No, the difference is that one fight is of completely fictional characters where one all-powerful being is placed against a bunch of beings that threw everything they had at him and still got pushed aside, to a real-life guy getting jumped by a bunch of other real-life guys in a dark alley somewhere.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@@viperking: Who told Amazo that the mace harms Grundy? Does he come in with prior knowledge of everything that has occurred in history? Amazo left the world because he didn't know how to stop Grundy, that didn't change throughout the episode, you can speculate on why he didn't return as much as you'd like, but the fact is that he didn't which implies he had no clue how to stop Grundy. If you can add stipulations, so can I, I thought we already agreed upon this a while back, why are we still talking about it?... And if we agree that he needs to physically beat his opponents, then that includes everyone in the DCU, Gods included that can more than serve as a distraction to him. Reading their minds doesn't work when there will be other telepaths fucking with Amazo's mind, which will also serve as a distraction itself.

Your arguments are weak dude, very weak.

As for the Bane thing, here is the OP:

Who are the top five H2H fighters in DC comics? I have always been curious because I didn't start reading DC comics( besides Batman back in the 80's) back then the big ones were Bronze Tiger, Deathstroke,Batman, Richard Dragon,Nightwing,Lady Shiva etc. in no particular order.

Im talking about people that aren't like building wreckers with ridiculous powers maybe human level or enhanced mildly. Who do you consider the top 5 H2H fighters in DC( pre 52 and new 52 feats combined) no arguments or debating just stating opinions. If you got nothing nice to say anything.

You're the liar, nowhere here does it say that he is referring to fighting skills and "H2H" doesn't mean hand-to-hand, it means head-to-head... Don't try and manipulate things to favour your argument, it's pathetic.

And no, the difference is that you considering not physically beating your opponent as a victory, if I blow up a building that my enemy is in or teleport it, I haven't beaten him, I've taken the pussy way out... Something I'm sure you're familiar with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.