Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Crazy DC Facts

• 63 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@crazyscarecrow:

Well most female characthers on Marvel have at least one WTF moment.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jj_was_here@outside_85

Funny that you both should say that DC stands for Detective Comics, which makes DC Comics actually Detective Comics Comics

Unfortunately, you're both wrong. In actual fact, and I think far more interestingly, DC Comics is named afterthe series Detective Comics, but it's not anacronym for it. In actual fact, the "DC" in DC Comics isn't short for anything, it is just two letters that don't mean anything. So while Detective Comics is where the letters DC came from, it's not an acronym and so the full company name is just "DC Comics" and not "Detective Comics Comics"

I prefer Detective Comics Comics

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@crazyscarecrow: Cool. Yeah, I just watched a few of the serial episodes recently. Not all that good but interesting to see.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecowwasdelirious: Thank you thecowwasdelirious, thank you. I won't tell the police what you be doing when they come down busting doors down your street. You can trust me.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Yeah, the serials back then were kinda terrible. I do think of all of the ones I saw that the Batman wasn't so bad. Maybe I was just too interested in seeing where the Batcave and skinny Alfred started to really care. The Captain Marvel was by the far the best. The Captain America was pretty terrible.

Okay so another fact.

Mr. Freeze gained his name Mr. Freeze from the Adam West Batman show. When the name came into the comics in Detective Comics #373 in 1968, Robin remarks that the name sounds like some cheesy villain from campy TV show.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
    thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CrazyScarecrow
    Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
    thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so this hasn't been updated in awhile.

Doctor Fate Kent Nelson's girlfriend and future wife and future Doctor Fate, Inza, had three last names through the Golden Age of Comics. Cramer, Saunders, and Carmer. It was established as Cramer in the Silver Age of Comics.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Kryptonite only exists because Superman's VA on his 1940s radio show wanted a day off, but the show had to go on. To make up for it, they hired a guy with a lower voice and created Kryptonite as an alloy that weakened Superman and gave him radiation poising.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Nice one!

The only other DC heroes to appear in The Adventures of Superman radio show were Batman and Robin.

During the 1970's, Jimmy Olsen went on gritty, street adventures in the pages of Superman Family though somehow his stories from the Silver Age is what gets remembered. They are pretty damn fun though!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.