Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Could other big DC heroes ever fit in CWverse? Why/why not?

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PR_1030

I made this thread after reading this one (http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/should-cw-introduce-batman-in-arrow-flash-tv-serie-1672187/).

Could other big heroes (like Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.) ever fit in the CWverse?

I don't know why, but I feel no. What's weird though is that I would have said the same thing about the Flash, but he fits just fine. Smallville also worked for CW, and it also has a comic series that shows how he could work as Superman. Maybe a Batman show could work if you replace Arrow with Batman. It might also work if it started from his origins (also like Arrow). I know Wonder Woman was going to be adapted, but failed. I think Green Lantern wouldn't work because of special effects, but Flash's special effects are just fine. Even Aquaman got his own pilot, which starred Smallville's Green Arrow (I think, I forgot).

So, what do you think? Could other big DC heroes ever fit in the CWverse? Why or why not?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@pr_1030: It depends. They seem to be pushing Green Lantern in CW with both shows mention Green Lantern´s stuff specially "one of its test pilots went missing". While mention Batman and Super easter eggs, i dont think they will appear and hopefully it can continue without that. Hawkman is probably next since Hawkgirl is going to appear on Legends of Tomorrow and kind makes sense. Magic also exist so they probably can introduce Magic heroes, Blue Devil could appear since they have easter eggs of him.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@vitalius: Good points, but do you think Batman or Superman could ever fit? I mean, they're my favorite superheroes ever (my #1 and #2 respectively), but I just can't help but feel like they won't "feel right" in the CWverse. If I see Batman in Arrow, I just can't help but feel like it's putting A class material in a B class media/platform. I mean, something as big and truly interesting and complex (?, I can't express myself correctly) in a TV show (which I feel like don't have as good a quality as a full film). Basically, I think Batman and Superman are "too good" for the CWverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@pr_1030: I get your point. Black Canary always been my favorite and i was always hope to her appearing on the show as well. It depends on CW and WB and DC. I dont think they should appear so far at least. Oliver Queen is pretty much alike Batman. There are rumors that he will be Green Arrow on season 4. But i think CW should focus more on B-Characthers.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Titanbreaker

I would love to see Martian Manhunter in the verse. He is always in between obscurity and being a big name in DC so putting him in CW even if it is a guest star for one episode would be great. He is powerful but at the same time J'onn is not the type of hero to throw himself in the limelight.

Booster Gold (Not a big name I know) Is also someone I would like to see show up in the CW verse and with Legends of Tomorrow time travel story line I think he fits, he could steal the time tech and Skeets and come to present day hoping to steal the hero hype from Flash and Arrow. While also developing into the hero he is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.